Board index FlightGear Support Installation

steroscopic split screen

Need help getting up and running? Installing FlightGear, add-on planes, sceneries etc.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

steroscopic split screen

Postby JakeNewBee » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:39 pm

in the (view) tab I selected (stereoscopic view options) then (vertical split) and the screen divided horizontally. It was not what I expected so I attempted to change back to the non-split screen from the same location. The stereoscopic view options window would not respond. After multiple reset attempts I decided to uninstall the app and reinstall a new version. After the reinstalled app was opened the screen was still split and the option window (stereoscopic view options) still would not respond to cancel stereo mode. I am stumped, does anyone have a fix or ran into the same problem?
Running on a Mac (Retina 5k, 27", late 2015, 3.2 GHz intel i5, 24 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Graphics-AMD radeon R9 M380 2048 MB)
FlightGear 2018.3.5 for macOS
JakeNewBee

Re: steroscopic split screen

Postby danielHL » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:01 pm

I had these problems too, when I tried out the feature. The problem is, that the dialog display is doubled to both viewports, but the mous locations are relative to the full screen. I could estimate and try by klicking into the "void" where the dialog controls would be were the dialog centered, like normal. So I was able to revert back to normal display.

To get rid of the setting for a new session, try to rename the autosave_xxx.xml in your .fgfs folder. I have no idea where that is located on a mac, sorry. You can also search for "stereo-mode" in the file and set the parameter to "OFF". Then you should have normal view next time you start FG.

Oh and also, welcome to FG and its forum :-)

Cheers,
Daniel
danielHL / D-FMPW
danielHL

Callsign: D-FMPW
Version: next

Postby JakeNewBee » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:38 pm

Thanks for the input! I see a faint glimmer of hope now. I will give it another try.
JakeNewBee

Postby danielHL » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:45 pm

According to the wiki, the file is found in ~/.fgfs/ on Mac and Linux.

http://wiki.flightgear.org/FlightGear_configuration_via_XML#autosave.xml
danielHL / D-FMPW
danielHL

Callsign: D-FMPW
Version: next

Postby Iceman73 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:42 am

Hi there,

I also tried the feature with an 3-D-TV-Set: The stereoscopic view is really great, but it's quite hard to configure the program and even impossible to guess the right place for the mouse pointer to interact with the instruments on the cockpit...

Is there a configuration or a workaround so the FG is recognizing the mouse coordinates correctly?

It really was a pity if this great feature couldn't be used!
Iceman73

Return to Installation