Board index FlightGear Support Installation

FGpanel

Need help getting up and running? Installing FlightGear, add-on planes, sceneries etc.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

FGpanel

Postby gcb » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:13 pm

I am having trouble figuring out how to go about installing fgpanel.

I plan to run my main screen on linux, and have fgpanel on a surface tablet with touch screen running windows.

So far I could not find any binary for windows. The wiki takes me to a 404
and going to jenkins i still can't find it. even the build is not there anymore.

I did build everything on the main linux box, and was planning to just move it to a linux virtualbox and run fgpanel from there. It almost worked out, but then i realized i build everything on my very odd system and was trying to run it on ubuntu 18.06 image, which is behind on a few library (mainly glew) and it turned out to be too much of a pain to update. i tried to install the full flightgear package on the VM, but it doesn't have fgpanel (thought it have even the man pages for it!) https://ubuntu.pkgs.org/18.04/ubuntu-un ... 4.deb.html

Is fgpanel replaced with something else? if not where can i find windows or ubuntu binaries? thank you!
gcb

Return to Installation