Board index FlightGear Support Installation

need help?

Need help getting up and running? Installing FlightGear, add-on planes, sceneries etc.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

need help?

Postby mikemikeee » Fri May 25, 2018 9:32 am

Not sure if this belongs in "installation" or somewhere else, but I've reached the limit for what I can stuff into the command line on my windows shortcut for flightgear, and would like to run it from a .fgfsrc file... this works for me fine in linux, but the instructions for windows say I should call it "system.fgfsrc" and put it in my flightgear data directory. I've done that, and then for good measure tried three or four additional places that seemed reasonable, but no matter where I put it flightgear does not seem to recognize it. I know this because I'm specifying --airplane=UFO in the file, but it keeps defaulting back to the Dragonfly when I load the game. (Incidentally, is this because that was the last plane I was flying? I'd also like to know where that setting is stored...)

Anyway, thanks in advance, any help would be appreciated!
mikemikeee

Re: need help?

Postby wkitty42 » Fri May 25, 2018 4:41 pm

are you using the launcher?
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Installation