Board index FlightGear Support Installation

Flightgear docker image

Need help getting up and running? Installing FlightGear, add-on planes, sceneries etc.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Re: Flightgear docker image

Postby V12 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:22 pm

Aaaah, You did not wrote that You are on Edge PPA. There is possibility that Edge has some problems and FG will not work correctly. But stable version is OK. Don't forget manual install qtdeclarative5-qtquick2-plugin and qml-module-qtquick-window2 modules, without it launcher's tab Aircraft will be blank.
Fly high, fly fast - fly Concorde !
V12

Callsign: BAWV12

Postby ken401ep » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:26 pm

V12 wrote in Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:22 pm:Aaaah, You did not wrote that You are on Edge PPA. There is possibility that Edge has some problems and FG will not work correctly. But stable version is OK. Don't forget manual install qtdeclarative5-qtquick2-plugin and qml-module-qtquick-window2 modules, without it launcher's tab Aircraft will be blank.

Ok, I'll try. But the topic isn't about it. The task is to install and update the latest edge FG version in docker image to avoid dependencies problem
ken401ep

Postby ken401ep » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:34 am

Torsten wrote in Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:09 pm:I have a Dockerfile for FlightGear somewhere but never managed to get 3d acceleration working from within the container.
Any ideas how to get this running? I'd happily add the image to our dockerhub space if it works.

Torsten

Did you get 3D acceleration in nvidia-docker?
ken401ep

Previous

Return to Installation