Board index FlightGear Support Installation

--config option is ignored in built-in launcher

Need help getting up and running? Installing FlightGear, add-on planes, sceneries etc.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

--config option is ignored in built-in launcher

Postby amue » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:11 am

It seems that the --config option is ignored if specified in "additional options" in the built-in launcher. Is this a bug or is it on purpose? If it's the latter, is it documented somewhere and I missed it?

My system specs: Windows 7, FG 2017.3.1
amue

Re: --config option is ignored in built-in launcher

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:04 pm

it is on purpose but IIRC it is limited to certain --config options... some can be used from the launcher... others perform certain tasks that may conflict with the launcher... try adding your --config to your command line with the --launcher option and see how that works...

as for documentation, i don't know if any of this has had any documentation written for it yet... it is all still very much a WIP (work In Progress) right now...
Last edited by wkitty42 on Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby amue » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:44 pm

Yes, --config=<path_to_config_file> from command line is working.

Recently, I upgraded from version 2016.2.1 to 2017.3.1 and I wondered why my trackir didn't work anymore (in my setup, I use a custom configuration file: --config=headtracker.xml)

I'm curious, what's the reason for not allowing the --config=<config file> option from within the built-in launcher?
amue

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:35 pm

wkitty42 wrote in Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:04 pm:it is on purpose but IIRC it is limited to certain --config options... some can be used from the launcher... others perform certain tasks that may conflict with the launcher... [...]

if you need/want more specifics, ask on the developers' mailing list, please... there's a link at the top of this page to the mailing lists...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Installation