Board index FlightGear Support Installation

Please help

Need help getting up and running? Installing FlightGear, add-on planes, sceneries etc.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Please help

Postby berkut » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:22 pm

I have FG 2017 3.1. It has a very hard time to load. The only two places which was able to load were LKPR and LPMA...nothing else. The last one ,even worse. The default Cessna loads either high in the air,or on the ground,upside down,on it's roof. That's not all. When I download the scenery via TerraSync,when the download is done,instead of loading it,it crashes.I have to start it up again,without TerraSync,and then hopefully load the airport I want.

What the hell is this?

Windows 7
FGFS 2017 3.1.
Asus R5 230
A winner is a dreamer who never gives up...
berkut

Callsign: Berkut
Version: 2017 3 1

Re: Please help

Postby Necolatis » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:00 am

Hmm, it could be your anti-virus that is messing with your FG.
Do you get same result when its off?
"Airplane travel is nature's way of making you look like your passport photo."
— Al Gore
Necolatis

Callsign: Leto
IRC name: Neco
Version: 2020.3.19

Re: Please help

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:38 am

@berkut, are you also using any 3rd party scenery? if so, move or disable it temporarily and see what happens...

please, also maybe provide a list of failing airports and parking places that you've tried... some have boxes and stuff scattered all over the airport and it interferes with the craft when it is spawned into the scene... especially when they stack boxes up three or four high expecting that only airliners will spawn in the spot and don't think about small GA craft that hit the boxes with their wings when they are (literally) dropped into the scene...

on the terrasync crashes, stuff, we need logs... the fgfs.log from the flightgear.org directory in %APPDATA% might help... barring that, 2018.1 should be available... i'm not sure if it is fully GA now or still just RC...

have you tested your machine's memory? i highly recommend to get a copy of memtest86+ and boot your machine with it to fully test your system memory... leave it run for several full loops... there are many tests in each loop... depending on your system and the amount of memory, it may take several hours to run one loop... just let it run and run it for several full loops to make sure you don't have flaky memory...

along those lines, a weak power supply can also cause weird things to happen when the power is just not quite strong enough... that also brings up overclocking... if you are overclocking your system, tweak it back a bit slower and see if that helps... maybe your memory timings are too fast? slow them down a tad and see how that goes...

what you are experiencing with the crashes is not normal... i rarely see crashes and i run the repo code almost as soon as it is committed...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Installation