Board index FlightGear Support Installation

Problem initializing scenery 2016.3.1

Need help getting up and running? Installing FlightGear, add-on planes, sceneries etc.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Problem initializing scenery 2016.3.1

Postby Pputtock » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:33 pm

Hi!
I have had this problem before and removing a file was the solution... But I didn't record what file needed to be removed! Clever of me huh?
I am running the sim on Windows 10 home 64. It has been fine. But today I received a shiney new Logitech yoke. I ran the sim and all was OK except for the zero point from the yoke. I went into the joystick configuration bit and since then I cannot run the cimulator. It locks up on initializing subsystems. If I crash it I then get a message saying
SQLite error:attempt to write a readonly database
Received from INSERT OR REPLACE INTO stat_cache (path, stamp) VALUES (?,?)
This is exactly what happened before and I did some searching and someone suggested removing a file in the users\peter (I can't remember the rest!)............. folder. This solved the problem and I have been running the sim for months without the problem repeating
Does anyone know or remember what file I should remove?
KR
Peter

*** Note **** Problem solved.... I deleted the files that were within the c:\users\Peter\appdata\roaming\filghtgear.org Note: I did not delete the folders!
This solved the problem and the system rebuilt the autosave_2016_3.xml, fgfs.txt and navdata_2016_3.cache files. There is definitely a problem with the joystick configuartion part of the system. I will run it with 2016.4.1 and see whether that does the same. By the way, once I had screwed the system up, both 2016.3 and 2016.4 exhibited the same problem.
Peter
Pputtock

Re: Problem initializing scenery 2016.3.1

Postby bugman » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:17 pm

For the full details, see this post.

Regards,
Edward
bugman

Version: next

Return to Installation