Board index FlightGear Support Installation

yasim

Need help getting up and running? Installing FlightGear, add-on planes, sceneries etc.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

yasim

Postby Karl W Lehmann » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:21 pm

Hello, I am new in this community. In Dez.,2016 I bought VirtualPilot3D and have problems with my old Joystick (I inbetween tryed a new one - same!) to detect the axis + buttons.
I run a Windows 10 Home, 64 - bit fully updated
Graphic NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 /Driver 376.48 OPEN GL
Problem occurs only with the C172 presently, I hadn't the chance to try another plane.
I downloaded the system from Virtualpilot3D.
While working with the problem, trying all versions of help , I accidently found on a black field - yasim: C:\Program Files(x86)\VirtualPilot3D\bin\Win32> now I could add js_demo.exe behind it and the joystick test program appeared. There was my (USB-Game-Controller) but all buttons - not detected? Moving the controls and push the buttons, as advised, did not help to set them on. Below the list I find the axis and the parameter of the movement (Green marked) - the values change - but all buttons stay detected.
What can I do? Does yasim has special orders to proceed, how can I communicate with the system?
Thanks in Avance for your help.
Regards Karl
Karl W Lehmann

Re: yasim

Postby Gijs » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:30 pm

Welcome Karl,

first of all, VirtualPilot3D is an unsupported copy of an old version of FlightGear, the free open source flight simulator that this forum is about. We do not endorse VirtualPilot3D and cannot provide support for it. It is sold by people not affiliated to us. Please read our statement at http://www.flightgear.org/help/flightge ... statement/ (they market it under a variety of names, VirtualPilot3D is one of them, Flight Pro Sim another) and decide for yourself whether you'd like to see if you can get your money back..

The latest version of FlightGear can be obtained for free from http://flightgear.org. Once you've installed FlightGear, we'd happily assist you to get it working.

Cheers,
Gijs
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Return to Installation