Board index FlightGear Support Installation

Additional Aircraft locations AppCrash

Need help getting up and running? Installing FlightGear, add-on planes, sceneries etc.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Additional Aircraft locations AppCrash

Postby dilbert » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:10 pm

2016.4.4 WIN 10 Celeron N2830, AMD-8

Prior to upgrading to 2016.4.4 on Celeron N2830 machine completely cleaned out all flight gear related files.
After installation program worked fine with one exception: clicking "+" to add path for "additional aircraft
locations" caused AppCrash, which made newly added "my hangar" inaccessible for lack of path.

When subsequently upgrading AMD-8 machine only uninstalled 2016.3.1, leaving other FG files intact,
which somehow caused previously added path to be retained in "additional aircraft locations", thus enabling
"my hangar" access to be retained; therefore, not requiring "+" use.

It appears for new machine or otherwise "clean" 2016.4.4 installation, the add-on "additional aircraft locations" feature is defective. :(
dilbert

Callsign: db1
Version: 220.3.19

Re: Additional Aircraft locations AppCrash

Postby zakalawe » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:43 pm

Thanks for the information, I don't see this myself on Mac. Does adding a scenery path cause a similar crash? I am wondering if the file-picker dialog is crashing due to some Explorer extension you might have installed.
zakalawe

Callsign: G-ZKLW
Version: next

Re: Additional Aircraft locations AppCrash

Postby dilbert » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:14 pm

Haven't tried changing scenery path, so don't know (strictly using terrasync). Did not try installing a hangar path on the A-8
machine, as it was preserved during the upgrade, making my add-on hangar usable, and so as not to beg further trouble.
The only thing I can say for certain is that the scenery path was in place and working prior to the Celeron upgrade. Currently have 2016.4.4 on the two laptops. Plan to temporarily hold off on upgrading my 2016.3.1 A4 and 2016.4.3 I3 desktops (both of which work fine and have established hangar paths), until I can clearly establish that the problem is confined to the Celeron. Thanks for responding.
Cheers
P.S. Clicked "+" on A8 machine without getting AppCrash, so problem does seem specific to Celeron machine. Thanks again for your help.
Best Regards Dilbert
dilbert

Callsign: db1
Version: 220.3.19

Return to Installation