Board index FlightGear Support Installation

PLZ HELP l Detected incompatible version of the data files  Topic is solved

Need help getting up and running? Installing FlightGear, add-on planes, sceneries etc.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

PLZ HELP l Detected incompatible version of the data files

Postby majidmsi » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:04 am

Dear all,
Is there a solution to this problem?

free picture upload

Thanks In Advance
majidmsi

Version: 2016.1.1

Re: PLZ HELP l Detected incompatible version of the data fil

Postby Thorsten » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:14 am

You either don't have the data package installed (then you need to download it -> Download) or you have to tell the installer where it is (-> Choose folder).
Thorsten

Postby elgaton » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:20 am

Click on "Choose folder" and choose the folder "C:\Program Files\FlightGear 2016.1.1\fgdata" (assuming you installed FlightGear in the default location), then click on "Quit" in the launcher window that opens. Afterwards, you should be able to run FlightGear.
NIATCA 2nd admin, regular ATC at LIPX and creator of the LIPX custom scenery
elgaton

Callsign: I-ELGA/LIPX_TW
Version: Git

Postby majidmsi » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:33 am

elgaton wrote in Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:20 am:Click on "Choose folder" and choose the folder "C:\Program Files\FlightGear 2016.1.1\fgdata" (assuming you installed FlightGear in the default location), then click on "Quit" in the launcher window that opens. Afterwards, you should be able to run FlightGear.

Mmm understood, but the file data named (data) not (fgdata) so what shall i do? rename this folder or what?
MJ
majidmsi

Postby elgaton » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:38 am

Just choose "data" without renaming it. (I had a look to check what the folder name was - I'm not on Windows, but on Linux, where it is different - but got it wrong).
NIATCA 2nd admin, regular ATC at LIPX and creator of the LIPX custom scenery
elgaton

Callsign: I-ELGA/LIPX_TW

Postby majidmsi » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:56 am

i'm on win10 and when i choosing this folder all oped boxes close and give me an error msg :/ -_- :(

image upload no limit
MJ
majidmsi

Postby biloute974 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:52 pm

Hi,

see in /data folder an xml file named "version". Open it and change the version. If you see: 3.6.0 (or 2016.1.0 it's an example), change for 2016.1.1, save the file and try to launch FG again.
Intel I7 7700 - 16Gb DDR4 - Nvidia GTX970 - FG 2017.4.0 from D&C
biloute974

Callsign: U974
Version: 2016.1.0

Postby sanhozay » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:03 pm

If the FGDATA is at version 3.6, hacking the version file to pretend that it's 2016.1.1 is not a good idea, other than as a test.

The proper solution is to ensure Flightgear 2016.1.1 is pointing at an FGDATA 2016.1.1 directory.
sanhozay

Callsign: G-SHOZ

Postby majidmsi » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:10 am

biloute974 wrote in Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:52 pm:Hi,

see in /data folder an xml file named "version". Open it and change the version. If you see: 3.6.0 (or 2016.1.0 it's an example), change for 2016.1.1, save the file and try to launch FG again.

Many thanks frnd, I opened it and found 2016.1.1 :( So?
MJ
majidmsi

Postby sanhozay » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:13 am

So you've verified that you have FGDATA 2016.1.1, the problem has to be that Flightgear is not looking at it.

Did you follow elgaton's instructions above?
sanhozay

Callsign: G-SHOZ

Postby majidmsi » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:29 pm

sanhozay wrote in Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:13 am:So you've verified that you have FGDATA 2016.1.1, the problem has to be that Flightgear is not looking at it.

Did you follow elgaton's instructions above?

Indeed, my friend, I've followed these steps, but at first didn't find the name of the folder (FGdata), but I found it (data) so followed the next steps, but every time when I select this folder (data) all the windows opens come closed and the error message appears, which I mentioned earlier... I'm so tired :( , Knowing that I have owned a laptop with a high performance Core i7, win 10, 1 tera and i have downloaded the source of FG from official site, So where the problem!!!
MJ
majidmsi

Postby Thorsten » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:19 pm

It would help to know what you have done before, where's the version you installed from, did you download FGData separately, if so from where did you obtain it, did you have another FG version installed before, what error occurs when?

An error message like 'FlightGear has stopped working' tells me about as much as it tells you - even with a pretty screenshot.

i have downloaded the source of FG from official site

Is that really so, aka did you download the source and compile yourself? Or did you download an installation package?
Thorsten

Postby majidmsi » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:37 pm

Thorsten wrote in Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:19 pm:It would help to know what you have done before, where's the version you installed from, did you download FGData separately, if so from where did you obtain it, did you have another FG version installed before, what error occurs when?

An error message like 'FlightGear has stopped working' tells me about as much as it tells you - even with a pretty screenshot.

i have downloaded the source of FG from official site

Is that really so, aka did you download the source and compile yourself? Or did you download an installation package?

1. I've downloaded the new FG 2016.1.1 before yesterday through this link http://www.flightgear.org/download/

2. When the download was completed in the right way, I have opened the game began with normal and spontaneous way and at this point the problem began the emergence of the first message in the following picture:

3. And then I went to the forum to inquire about finding any solutions, and i have followed our friend / Elgaton's instructions
But when i have done these steps appeared another message in the following picture:

Note:
There was another old version (3.4.0) but i have removed it for a long time!

And now where's the Solution? :!:
MJ
majidmsi

Postby Thorsten » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:55 pm

Find and wipe the contents of $FGHome (there's a wiki page on how to find it for your OS) - if you had a previous installation, even if you have long removed it, $FGHome does not get wiped when you do this, and leftover config files are prone to create these errors.
Thorsten

Postby mhab » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:54 pm

Wow

I run into the exact same problem. I can't believe what's going on here.
I read there are thousands of Windows downloads of 2016.1 and everytime I upgrade to a new FG version I feel like I am the first one who tries.
Even the Wiki is wrong about where to find $FGHome on Windows.

I can't say this is a positive experience, but it is FG at it's best.
If you don't have developer skills from the beginning you are not worth to use it.

Sorry but I can't believe what I run into here
Mike-DE
mhab

Callsign: D-MIKE
Version: 2020.3.4

Next

Return to Installation