Board index FlightGear Support Installation

787-8 Dreamliner download link

Need help getting up and running? Installing FlightGear, add-on planes, sceneries etc.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

787-8 Dreamliner download link

Postby DavidT. » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:00 pm

Hey,
To install a plane in flightgear I mostly have to download a .zip file. Why cant I find a dowload link for the 787-8 Dreamliner where I can download a zip file for this plane ? :shock:
DavidT.

Re: 787-8 Dreamliner download link

Postby elgaton » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:18 pm

Planes not already accepted in the official FlightGear repository are not hosted on the FlightGear Web site, but on external services such as GitHub or Gitorious or on the personal Web sites of their developers.

Should you not find a plane, you can search for it in the wiki, its description page usually has a download link.

In this case, the Dreamliner is hosted on Gitorious - click the "Download" link at the top of the page to download the aircraft. Note that, as stated in the README, after uncompressing the .zip file you must rename the folder "fg-boeing-787-8-main..." to "787-8", otherwise FlightGear won't load the aircraft.
NIATCA 2nd admin, regular ATC at LIPX and creator of the LIPX custom scenery
elgaton

Callsign: I-ELGA/LIPX_TW
Version: Git

Postby Jabberwocky » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:24 pm

The 787-8 is available on Omega's hangar: http://theomegahangar.flymerlion.org/aircraft.html, scroll a bit down in the list
There is also another 787 at https://github.com/FGMEMBERS/787

it appears, the 787-8 has still some problems, I got a lot of "model for animation not found" errors and the A/P didn't work at all. I tried to implement an A/P SYS7, the one I use as standard for my planes, it worked mostly, but I was already warned on Mumble not to push this to Git because "the 787 has some additional functions for flight envelope protection" and thus an 80% working AP would be worse than a 100% not working one ... well, if you need it to fly her, let me know.
Jabberwocky
Retired

Callsign: JWOCKY
Version: 3.0.0

Postby Aviator2410 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:17 pm

Aviator2410

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:32 pm

Nice website :) thanks for adding the links.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Return to Installation