Board index FlightGear Support Installation

Terrasync Proxy

Need help getting up and running? Installing FlightGear, add-on planes, sceneries etc.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Terrasync Proxy

Postby Millerbd » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:28 pm

Hi,

Using Windows 8.1, Flightgear v3.0.0. I am not sure whether Terrasync is working. I enable it on the config GUI with the checkbox, it then shows the startup splash screen which says "downloading scenery" but nothing gets downloaded to the terrasync folder and the scene never goes further than the splash screen. I am behind a proxy. If I do not use terrasync and download the scenery manually it is fine but with the old scenery.

How does one set the proxy for the internal terrasync "libsvn" client? As far a I have read in the manual that is what might be my issue. I also use tortoisesvn for other svn stuff and the proxy is set there.

Also I am in South Africa, not sure if there is data there, but the latest release does state use of Openstreet map data so I should see some data being retrieved.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Millerbd

Re: Terrasync Proxy

Postby Johan G » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:55 pm

It might be that FGRun erroneously sets the TerraSync directory to something like data/3 (or sometimes another number) instead of data/TerraSync or whatever the user have tried to set it to during installation.

A quick look at your command line would confirm or not confirm that from looking at the path after the option --terrasync-directory=. After installing 3.0.0 it was --terrasync-directory=3 for me.

What you will have to do in that case is to open FGRun and open the advanced settings dialogue with the button on the last page and set the path there.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby Millerbd » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:11 pm

Thanks for the response. However I have confirmed that the correct terrasync directory is being used. I have also tested my setup on a network that does not require a proxy and terrasync works, I see data being downloaded and I can get the flightgear scene and fly. But I do need to get terrasync working with the proxy.

I am now sure that setting the proxy for the terrasync (internal SVN) is the issue. Any idea how to set the proxy for this? I see under the advanced settings dialogue that there is a setting under network for a proxy but that does not affect the terrasync.
Millerbd

Postby Johan G » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:31 am

Could the port used by SVN (Subversion) be blocked by the proxy?
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby Millerbd » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:48 am

hi, port is definitely not blocked as I been using SVN to get repositories from Internet as well. I think it is a case of setting the internal SVN that terrasync is using, still busy looking for how to set the proxy for that.
Millerbd

Postby viram » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:38 pm

Hey

I'm very new to FlightGear, and I had a similar problem, of terrasync unable to download scenary over a HTTP proxy. Turns out, if you install a software called FreeCap (which forces particular program to communicate via proxy server), the problem is solved.
viram

Postby tudor090 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:30 am

I am not the expert on this field.
tudor090

Return to Installation