Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events

TransGear Airways, Saturday December 12, ALL TIMES UTC...

Virtual fly-ins, fun flies, competitions, and other group events. Find out details of upcoming events, register for competitions, or organize your own tour of a favorite location.

Re: TransGear Airways, Saturday December 12, ALL TIMES UTC...

Postby MD-Terp » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:41 pm

Looks like a good turnout so far in the west, and all 3 pilots scheduled for the east are online.

Active runways in KSLC are reported to be 34L and 34R. Baltimore will use 33L for arrivals.
Cheers,
-Rob.

"Retired" from FlightGear involvement as of July 2010.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8809
MD-Terp

Callsign: N531MD, AVA0025

Postby redneck » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:45 pm

With only an hour before arrival, FG crashed :evil: I am now changing my flight to be KDEN-KSLC-KOAK. I will be a little late. I hope wookierabbit's battery lasts.
I'll try speeding to make up the lost time.
I'm going to be there in about a half hour.
Call Signs: redneck, ATCredn (unspecified freq atc)
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
Model: Alienware M15x, OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, RAM: 3 GB, CPU: Intel i3 quad core at 2.4 GHz, GPU: Nvidea GeForce GTX 460M 1.5 GB GDDR5
redneck

Version: 240

Postby MaverickAlex » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:29 pm

things started out ok for me with a scheduled departure from klax at 1345hrs, followed my filed flightplan, ran out of fuel 40 miles out, lost fgcom, and then after i restarted got "uknown exception in main loop, aborting" three times.

maybe next time :(
http://www.atlasvirtualairlines.com
Modeller of: TNCM TBPB MDPP TFFF TJSJ FMEE TKPK TFFG TQPF KLAX KATL EGNJ EGGW APACHE, EUROFIGHTER, HP VICTOR, DHC8
FGcom 122.75
creator Terragear GUI
MaverickAlex

Postby Zexe » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:11 pm

http://www.flickr.com/groups/67151876@N00/?added=1

A couple of SS from the Baltimore event.
Zexe
AIRPORTS: CYYJ, KHAF, RJTT, KEYW
PLANES: m33, grob115, pa22, Goose, MD-81, Velocity-XL, Rallye, F-5E Tiger II, Bocian,
Zexe

Postby MD-Terp » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:25 pm

We had a nice, calm, quiet day in Baltimore, but from what I saw on the MP map and heard on the channel (yes -- I was listening to KSLC and 122.75 while working 119.4 -- neat!) it seemed like the west hub was a pretty good gathering. I'm pleased with what I heard and saw from here, but I'm anxious to see some screenshots form Salt Lake as well. And, next month I'm sure we can fill both hubs.

As usual, I'll gather up the screenshots, and try to link in everything I can find on Flight Tracker... I'm traveling this afternoon, so I may not have that done this weekend, but probably before the end of the coming week you should be able to visit the event page for a nice retrospective.

Here are the few shots I took...

Cheers,
-Rob.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8809
MD-Terp

Postby hovkid » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:28 pm

Ok, maybe I went a bit over the top on the screen shots :P I had 100 :D I've managed to sort them out, now I have 51 :)

I am uploading them now.
Fav Airliner - MD81 - Fav Fighter - F4J76 - Fav Light Aircraft - DHC2
hovkid

Callsign: GB-TYER or AA-124

Postby redneck » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:30 pm

MaverickAlex wrote:things started out ok for me with a scheduled departure from klax at 1345hrs, followed my filed flightplan, ran out of fuel 40 miles out, lost fgcom, and then after i restarted got "uknown exception in main loop, aborting" three times.

maybe next time :(

Wow, FG doesn't seem to like you very much today. I thought things were somewhat normal when I saw about five planes in the area as I began my approach. I thought the only reason there were only two left when I got there was b/c I had arrived so late that just about everyone had already left. I only saw one plane departing when I got there, though. Anyway, I got a few screenshots. I'll be uploading them after I land. Hopefully, the weather will be cleared up by koak as I descend. And, I hope to see at least a terminal next time at kslc.
MD-Terp wrote:Here are the few shots I took...

Nice screenshots. I wonder what the KSFO tower was doing in Nevada :P
hovkid wrote:Ok, maybe I went a bit over the top on the screen shots :P I had 100 :D I've managed to sort them out, now I have 51 :)

I am uploading them now.

Last time I took screenshots at an event I took about 220. You're not too over the top.
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
Model: Alienware M15x, OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, RAM: 3 GB, CPU: Intel i3 quad core at 2.4 GHz, GPU: Nvidea GeForce GTX 460M 1.5 GB GDDR5
redneck

Postby hovkid » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:32 pm

redneck wrote:
hovkid wrote:Ok, maybe I went a bit over the top on the screen shots :P I had 100 :D I've managed to sort them out, now I have 51 :)

I am uploading them now.

Last time I took screenshots at an event I took about 220. You're not too over the top.

Ok, thats good to know, however webs doesn't give you much web space, hopefully I will have enough... :wink:
hovkid

Postby MD-Terp » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:33 pm

Photobucket is a good possibility. That's where I host all of mine.
Cheers,
-Rob.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8809
MD-Terp

Postby redneck » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:40 pm

I host mine on Picasa. I don't use many screenshots very much, so space isn't a big issue for me. I think I get at least 1 GB of space though. I figure that if I ever fill it up, I'll just delete the old ones, which will probably be at least a couple years old by that time.
Anyway, it looks like I'm the last one on the 200-level to land.
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
redneck

Postby hovkid » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:44 pm

Here are my screen shots - http://hovkidsflightgear.webs.com/apps/photos/ - In the TGA 6 album.

Enjoy!

Oh Yeah, By the way you may see me in the screen shots in a different livery to how you saw me online - Just to let you know im the 737-300
hovkid

Postby redneck » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:11 pm

well, I got six screenshots, but they were all nearly the same thing, so I just filtered it down to one. That's pretty much the only time I had another plane within visual range.
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
redneck

Postby wookierabbit » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:13 pm

What a day. WHAT A DAY! It blew me away. With jet blast here and there. The air full of AVgas. Oh what a day.
-Wookierabbit (Founder, former CEO, and former webmaster of the original Virtual Star Alliance website)

Youtube site: http://www.youtube.com/user/Wookierabbit
VSA.

Contact either by PM or via my former website at http://www.starallianceorg.webs.com
wookierabbit

Callsign: ---805, ATC
Version: 191

Postby wookierabbit » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:34 pm

So.....what next?
-Wookierabbit (Founder, former CEO, and former webmaster of the original Virtual Star Alliance website)

Youtube site: http://www.youtube.com/user/Wookierabbit
VSA.

Contact either by PM or via my former website at http://www.starallianceorg.webs.com
wookierabbit

Callsign: ---805, ATC
Version: 191

Postby Jester » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:35 pm

For me today's event was a big success 8)
On the inbound leg everything was fine, even though I had to switch the route over to the "landing north" variant of the STAR because of the active runway selection.
The 3d clouds threatened to spoil my landing by killing the fps but the sky cleared enough so that it wasn't a concern. At the end of the LEEHY3 STAR, ATC guided me to a swift landing - two minutes ahead of schedule! :wink: With the remaining fuel the aircraft was about maximum landing weight - just as I have planned based on last night's preparation flight. I allowed for the longer "landing south" STAR and also for some holds, but those reserves were not needed.
At KSLC I have only seen Tuxklok in his Tupolev. We parked at nearby gates for the 30 minute break. Just as I was lining up for departure, wookierabbit went off the air due to battery low. He later found a power outlet, but by that time I was well on my way on the NSIGN1 SID. The METAR for Austin didn't have much good for the landing - 1/2 SM visibility. With unexpected help from ATC (not the help was unexpected but ATC :mrgreen: ) and of course using ILS I managed to find the runway. Not exactly centerline landing, but it wasn't too bad.

Thanks to all participants.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

(All images in a 33MB zip for Rob's convenience)
Jester

Callsign: BA996,Rescue1
IRC name: Jester01
Version: GIT

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer events