Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events

TransGear Airways, Saturday December 12, ALL TIMES UTC...

Virtual fly-ins, fun flies, competitions, and other group events. Find out details of upcoming events, register for competitions, or organize your own tour of a favorite location.

Re: TransGear Airways, Saturday December 12, ALL TIMES UTC...

Postby yourgod » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:14 pm

December may have been the less than ideal month to launch the 2nd hub, but after the 2 people above join that puts us at 10 pilots, which is what we had last month. Most people seem to want to jump on the procedural hub this time. I've only been able to attend 1 event at KBWI so I'm checking in there this time, but I'm going to work on the procedures at KSLC and try to be ready to take a slot there in January.

I'm looking forward to the flight this month. As long as nothing unexpected pops up on me I should be there!
Callsign: YOURGOD, (YOURGO if you only recognize 6 characters)
TransGear Airways site: http://transgear.treborlogic.com/
FG related projects:
Planes: Douglas DC-8-73
Code: Hurricane simulation weather enhancement
yourgod

Callsign: YOURGOD

Postby MD-Terp » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:24 pm

yourgod wrote:after the 2 people above join that puts us at 10 pilots, which is what we had last month.

You're exactly right. And every month lately I hear a handful of people swearing, wishing they could attend. A lot of flights for event #4 got snatched up in the last few days. I'm sure this one will be no different.

It's funny -- I guess because the pilots are spread out over two separate hubs, it just *looks* like fewer are participating. This will actually be our biggest event EVER, if ONE more person volunteers for a flight!

Zakalawe, good to have you flying with us again.

MaverickAlex, thrilled to see you joining us. Hope it becomes a regular occurrence!
Cheers,
-Rob.

"Retired" from FlightGear involvement as of July 2010.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8809
MD-Terp

Callsign: N531MD, AVA0025

Postby yourgod » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:02 pm

And life kicks in to cause some possible problems again. My wife has had a medical thing scheduled this Saturday morning right over the time for this event. It's apparently not something that requires me to be there so I'll be home with the kids, but if anything goes wrong it will be a drop and run kinda thing.
FG related projects:
yourgod

Postby Lukosius » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:24 pm

Even though the aircraft we use for Transgear should be readily available, it seems that a number of the 'recommended' aircraft on the Transgear website only have links to the CVS version.

For us non-CVS people, where's the best place to get the 787 and the DHC8?

I have the 787 installed, but there seems to be a number of variants and I want to make sure I have the correct one. Also I have found the link for the DHC8 on these forums, but, again, is it the same one that will be used at this particular event?
Callsign: Lukosius (or Lukosiu if you only see 7 characters)
Preferred Aircraft: 777-200ER, 787, IL-96, MD-81, Citation X, B1900d, DHC6, Seneca II
Physical Location: Kalgoorlie, Western Australia
Lukosius

Callsign: Lukosiu, AVA0017
Version: 2_4

Postby redneck » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:21 pm

Well, I think I may be the only one flying the 787 (the chart kinda needs updating), you were able to see me at the last event, right? If you were able to, then I'm sure you have the right 787.
Looks like the only plane I need to get is the dhc8.
Call Signs: redneck, ATCredn (unspecified freq atc)
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
Model: Alienware M15x, OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, RAM: 3 GB, CPU: Intel i3 quad core at 2.4 GHz, GPU: Nvidea GeForce GTX 460M 1.5 GB GDDR5
redneck

Version: 240

Postby MD-Terp » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:28 pm

I welcome anyone to alert me to any missing links to approved aircraft optimized for other versions of FG.
Cheers,
-Rob.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8809
MD-Terp

Postby hovkid » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:36 pm

MD-Terp wrote:I welcome anyone to alert me to any missing links to approved aircraft optimized for other versions of FG.

The Lockheed Tri-Star only has a CVS link, however it works in 1.9.1, shall I host it on my MediaFire? If it's GPL of course.

You could direct link to it so you dont have to actualy go onto the MediaFire site, and get all the pop-ups!
Fav Airliner - MD81 - Fav Fighter - F4J76 - Fav Light Aircraft - DHC2
hovkid

Callsign: GB-TYER or AA-124

Postby Gijs » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:49 pm

hovkid wrote:The Lockheed Tri-Star only has a CVS link, however it works in 1.9.1, shall I host it on my MediaFire?

You can download it at http://www.flightgear.nl.tp
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby hovkid » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:52 pm

Oh ok, thanks, I had not found that link.
hovkid

Postby yourgod » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:43 pm

It's not looking good for me.. My in-laws may watch the kids for us so I can go with my wife for the procedure. It's not a serious thing but I prefer to be there when they poke and prod my wife. If the in-laws fall through, I'll be at the event. If they watch the kids, I likely won't.

I would hate to miss this again.
FG related projects:
yourgod

Postby redneck » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:10 pm

Btw, does the dhc8 not work in 1.9.1? I have to go out right now, so I can't find out for myself just yet.
Thanks.
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
Model: Alienware M15x, OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, RAM: 3 GB, CPU: Intel i3 quad core at 2.4 GHz, GPU: Nvidea GeForce GTX 460M 1.5 GB GDDR5
redneck

Postby hovkid » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:14 pm

redneck wrote:Btw, does the dhc8 not work in 1.9.1? I have to go out right now, so I can't find out for myself just yet.
Thanks.

It works for me...
hovkid

Postby redneck » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:43 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. Great. Well, I just noticed that there are a lot of aircraft listed in the approved aircraft list, so I'll just have to install some more planes that I don't have just in case. But, I plan to install the dhc8 first to make sure I have that. Turns out, I'm not ready to go out just yet, so I have a little time.
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
redneck

Postby MD-Terp » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:20 pm

From the very page on which the "Approved List" appears...
If you find that a model on this list does or does not work as intended as indicated here, or if you can fill in one of the missing download links for an aircraft model's release specific to a certain FlightGear version, please e-mail me so I can update this chart accordingly.

I'm sure many of the CVS planes work in v1.9.1. For one, I don't know where to get them aside from CVS, and two, I don't know which ones that applies to. If any of you find that there's a model I have linked in that list for version X that also works as intended for version Y, please, feel free to let me know and I'll update the list! I need a hand with that task. I can't possibly test every plane with every version!

hovkid wrote:The Lockheed Tri-Star only has a CVS link, however it works in 1.9.1, shall I host it on my MediaFire?

Gijs wrote:You can download it at http://www.flightgear.nl.tp

Thanks for the pointer. I'll update the list accordingly.

redneck wrote:I just noticed that there are a lot of aircraft listed in the approved aircraft list, so I'll just have to install some more planes that I don't have just in case.

You can just focus on the ones being used this time around -- consult the chart here in the thread or on the TGA5 page.

There's less than a day to the event, and still six pilot slots open! As always, the open slots may be last-minute-grabbed by posting in this forum, right up to the start of the event. I'm sure I'll check back at least once or twice more before showtime, but if it's close and you want to post claim to an unclaimed flight, don't think you need to wait for me to confirm. Welcome, help yourself, come one come all.
Cheers,
-Rob.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8809
MD-Terp

Postby redneck » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:19 pm

Okay, I got the dhc8 at http://www.mediafire.com/?mejoji5onde. It works okay, except the autopilot is buggy, and the autostart doesn't work. I had to look around the cockpit for a while to find the switches I needed to use just to get the engines started.
Oh, whoops, looks like you already new about the autostart bug.
Just an FYI for the controllers: I'm planning to arrive on WAATS3 and depart on PECOP2, if possible.
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
redneck

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer events