Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events

TransGear Airways, Saturday December 12, ALL TIMES UTC...

Virtual fly-ins, fun flies, competitions, and other group events. Find out details of upcoming events, register for competitions, or organize your own tour of a favorite location.

Re: TransGear Airways, Saturday December 12, ALL TIMES UTC...

Postby Lukosius » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:49 pm

redneck wrote:Then again, I arrived kinda late, since I didn't accelerate the sim rate, unlike whoever had the flight from KDEN in the first place :wink: I saw him on radar passing below me and was like :shock: :lol: He wouldn't have been far behind me otherwise.

Haha, yeah that was me. :lol: :lol:

It was around midnight at the time, and I was already 30mins late departing, so thought I would 'speed up' things a little for the first half of the journey. I wondered if you noticed.
Callsign: Lukosius (or Lukosiu if you only see 7 characters)
Preferred Aircraft: 777-200ER, 787, IL-96, MD-81, Citation X, B1900d, DHC6, Seneca II
Physical Location: Kalgoorlie, Western Australia
Lukosius

Callsign: Lukosiu, AVA0017
Version: 2_4

Postby MD-Terp » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:47 am

MD-Terp wrote:zakalawe, do you know if you used a non-tracked MP server for the event, or if you used a callsign other than "TGA244"?

zakalawe wrote:Due to a user error (mine!), my callsign for the event was 'callsig', it seems.

No problem. I'll look for your flight(s) under that name.

redneck wrote:regardless of who the controllers are, they always forget to slow us down..

I know I've been guilty of that, too. Something else I can re-emphasize in our in-house ATC documentation. Thanks.
Cheers,
-Rob.

"Retired" from FlightGear involvement as of July 2010.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8809
MD-Terp

Callsign: N531MD, AVA0025

Postby redneck » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:02 am

MD-Terp wrote:
redneck wrote:regardless of who the controllers are, they always forget to slow us down..

I know I've been guilty of that, too. Something else I can re-emphasize in our in-house ATC documentation. Thanks.

No prob. I would have mentioned it sooner, but I didn't think it was necessary, as most controllers didn't appear to be having much difficulty, and I managed to slow down to approach speed with time to spare while on the glideslope every time.
Call Signs: redneck, ATCredn (unspecified freq atc)
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
Model: Alienware M15x, OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, RAM: 3 GB, CPU: Intel i3 quad core at 2.4 GHz, GPU: Nvidea GeForce GTX 460M 1.5 GB GDDR5
redneck

Version: 240

Postby MD-Terp » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:23 pm

I'm compiling all of the screenshots today. I have my own, one from Redneck, a couple from Zexe, a bunch from Jester and Hovkid... am I missing any?

AARGH! Hovkid, you have the version of the Baltimore scenery with that stupid skyscraper right by the end of 15R. Grrrr. I'm so annoyed that got included in the base distribution for scenery 1.0.1 -- glad there's an updated scenery release coming before the next event!

Coincidentally, after picking my favorites from both Hovkid and Jester, I have exactly 17 from each of them :) Now I just have to get them all sorted out chronologically. Hovkid's system clock is visible in all of his, making sequencing them in with the rest of 'em a little easier, lol...
Cheers,
-Rob.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8809
MD-Terp

Postby hovkid » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:49 pm

MD-Terp wrote:I'm compiling all of the screenshots today.

Nice, I've been waiting to see these :P Also, did anyone make a video? I was planning too but for some reason it made my system lag, which it had never done before.

MD-Terp wrote:AARGH! Hovkid, you have the version of the Baltimore scenery with that stupid skyscraper right by the end of 15R. Grrrr. I'm so annoyed that got included in the base distribution for scenery 1.0.1 -- glad there's an updated scenery release coming before the next event!

Yep :D I thought that sky scraper looked a bit out of place :P It's kinda weird that it is there though, since i'm running TerraSync... How did it get in the scenery anyway?

MD-Terp wrote:Coincidentally, after picking my favorites from both Hovkid and Jester, I have exactly 17 from each of them :) Now I just have to get them all sorted out chronologically. Hovkid's system clock is visible in all of his, making sequencing them in with the rest of 'em a little easier, lol...

Yeah, I didn't get time to crop them. Also the screen capture program I use should have labeled them in numerical(ish*) order.

*ish because I had to sort them out, deleting some.
Fav Airliner - MD81 - Fav Fighter - F4J76 - Fav Light Aircraft - DHC2
hovkid

Callsign: GB-TYER or AA-124

Postby MD-Terp » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:19 pm

MD-Terp wrote:I'm compiling all of the screenshots today.

hovkid wrote:Nice, I've been waiting to see these :P Also, did anyone make a video?

The shots are now posted at http://transgear.treborlogic.com, and no, no one did video this time that I am aware of.

MD-Terp wrote:AARGH! Hovkid, you have the version of the Baltimore scenery with that stupid skyscraper right by the end of 15R. Grrrr. I'm so annoyed that got included in the base distribution for scenery 1.0.1 -- glad there's an updated scenery release coming before the next event!

hovkid wrote:Yep :D I thought that sky scraper looked a bit out of place :P It's kinda weird that it is there though, since i'm running TerraSync... How did it get in the scenery anyway?

It's supposed to be sunk into the ground mostly with about three or four stories showing (which, if you ever fly the UFO under the terrain in any big city, is how most of the variable building heights are accomplished). There was a mix-up when I submitted my models (custom and shared placements) at KBWI which caused either Martin or an automated script to re-orient everything to the ground, and the offset which was supposed to be listed for that particular building got zeroed out somehow. It's subsequently been fixed, but it was like that for the 1.0.1 release, so if you get your scenery from the website, you'll have that error.

Given that you run TerraSync, maybe you should delete out that area and have it re-fetch? I'm not sure if that's the best advice, but as far as I know, the *current* database has had that issue solved for some time.

MD-Terp wrote:Coincidentally, after picking my favorites from both Hovkid and Jester, I have exactly 17 from each of them :) Now I just have to get them all sorted out chronologically. Hovkid's system clock is visible in all of his, making sequencing them in with the rest of 'em a little easier, lol...

hovkid wrote:Yeah, I didn't get time to crop them. Also the screen capture program I use should have labeled them in numerical(ish*) order. *ish because I had to sort them out, deleting some.

Indeed, and then I picked my favorites out of your favorites. I don't mind that your system clock and windows show. LIke I said, it helped a lot in figuring out how they fit in sequentially with the collection as a whole.

Anyway, to all of you who contributed screenshots, I thank you -- and for anyone interested, I repeat from above: they are all posted now at the TransGear website, on the Event #5 page. Thanks again to all participants.
Cheers,
-Rob.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8809
MD-Terp

Postby hovkid » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:37 pm

Thanks, It's interesting to see other peoples screen shots, in time order.
hovkid

Postby Jester » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:33 am

MD-Terp wrote: Hovkid's system clock is visible in all of his, making sequencing them in with the rest of 'em a little easier, lol...

And you have not selected the one where I deliberately put in the clock to show I was on time! :P
Nice captions yet again, thanks!
Jester

Callsign: BA996,Rescue1
IRC name: Jester01
Version: GIT

Postby hovkid » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:19 am

Jester wrote:And you have not selected the one where I deliberately put in the clock to show I was on time! :P

In usual airtravel fashion, I was a few minutes late, touching down at 15:21, not bad IMO :D
hovkid

Postby hovkid » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:26 pm

Regarding the aproved list on the TGA website, the link for the 1.9.1 DC6 downloads a non-working DC6 (The engines don't start properly)

A working DC6 can be downloaded here: http://www3.telus.net/public/sydadams/

Hovkid
hovkid

Postby MD-Terp » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:33 pm

Jester wrote:
MD-Terp wrote: Hovkid's system clock is visible in all of his, making sequencing them in with the rest of 'em a little easier, lol...

And you have not selected the one where I deliberately put in the clock to show I was on time! :P

Haha, I totally missed the intent there. I was wondering what compelled you to take a picture while you had a menu open. I actually figured you bumped a key incorrectly :)
Cheers,
-Rob.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8809
MD-Terp

Postby MD-Terp » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:40 pm

hovkid wrote:Regarding the aproved list on the TGA website, the link for the 1.9.1 DC6 downloads a non-working DC6 (The engines don't start properly)

A working DC6 can be downloaded here: http://www3.telus.net/public/sydadams/

Hovkid

Hmm... on that page, he says that some models specifically require current CVS. He also continually updates, so if I link to a model on that page that works for 1.9.1 today, it may not tomorrow.

Dilemma. I'll think about it and see what I want to do. Probably take out all of the different version links for that model and just refer everyone to that page for current info. Anyway, thanks for the pointer.
Cheers,
-Rob.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8809
MD-Terp

Postby hovkid » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:52 pm

Is this model GNU/GPL?

Syd's Website wrote:The aircraft downloaded from this page are free ,for non-commercial use.
GPL versions can be retrieved from cvs ...

If so, the current version, which works on 1.9.1, could be hosted somewhere else, and not updated if the newest version doesn't work with 1.9.1
hovkid

Postby MD-Terp » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:57 pm

My understanding is that Syd no longer develops for the GPL and prefers to release his work under Freeware/Creative Commons/some other similar licensing. (I can't say I fully blame him; after some of the nonsense that has gone on here with ripoff artists attempting to manipulate or otherwise "bend" the GPL to capitalize on the work of others, I've strongly considered doing the same.) So the CVS-released versions might go out of date soon. On the other hand, there's now a thread in which a separate group is working on a fork version of the 777-200ER. ::sigh::
Cheers,
-Rob.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8809
MD-Terp

Postby Liam » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:01 pm

That's a shame though, because it means others cannot improve them (without permission). I think the GPL benefits us greatly, but unfortunately it also benefits the people who want to use it against us. Overall, we all win under GNU (depending on whose perspective you want to agree with).

Cheers, Liam.
Liam

Callsign: Liam
Version: GIT

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer events