Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events

Daily booking and schedule board

Virtual fly-ins, fun flies, competitions, and other group events. Find out details of upcoming events, register for competitions, or organize your own tour of a favorite location.

Re: Daily booking and schedule board

Postby AJC » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:06 pm

Hear hear
ATC_AJC
DH-1748
TSA004
Proud member of Tristar Airlines, the leading airline in connecting the Caribbean...
AJC

Callsign: TSA004

Postby jomo » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:02 am

As discussed here we are now actually announcing the first EDDF-Triangle's event for next Sunday 14 Aug. 2011!

For details see our new homepage: http://www.emmerich-j.de/EDDF/
and the thread viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13009

(The usual EDDF-hours on Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays will continue as usual.)

You are welcome to chase 4 ATC's in close distance and try to do all 4 legs at one day.
joe
jomo / ATCjomo + EDDFjo + EDDFjo1 + EDDFjo2
ATC at EDDF Fr,Sa,Su,We from 20:00 to 24:00 CET/MEZ., see http://www.emmerich-j.de
jomo

Callsign: jomo EDDFjo1+2

Postby Trez » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:10 pm

jomo wrote in Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:02 am:As discussed here we are now actually announcing the first EDDF-Triangle's event for next Sunday 14 Aug. 2011!

For details see our new homepage: http://www.emmerich-j.de/EDDF/
and the thread viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13009

(The usual EDDF-hours on Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays will continue as usual.)

You are welcome to chase 4 ATC's in close distance and try to do all 4 legs at one day.
joe

i can make a small prize
Trez

Callsign: Trez
Version: 2.8 GIT

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:44 pm

SUNDAY 09.02.2012, 17.00-21:00 UTC, USA TOUR

USA Tour, second trip happens this Sunday. Only 1 competing player is registered by now, but players welcome real traffic conditions.
ATC will be serving KOKC, KIAH and KHOU. FGchat and FGCOM available (freq to be determined; initial contact by FGChat).

- STAR and SID procedures available
- Language: English
Will Rogers International (KOKC): SUN SEP02ND:17:00-18:00UTC
George Washington International (KIAH): SUN SEP02ND:19:00-21:00UTC
William P. Hobby Airport (KHOU): SUN SEP02ND;19:00-21:00UTC

Request: Do not spam our active Runways. Use info below if launching into these airports and contact ATC to request departure clearance/information. We appreciate it.

Suggestions:

ARRIVAL:
1. initial contact director (ca. 40 nm) on FGchat: course, alt, speed, requested approach type: VFR ir IFR with vectoring
2. voice contact on FGcom (freq to be determined)

DEPARTURE (before taxiing):
1. Use any of the launching coordinates below
Code: Select all
KOKC TERMINAL C7
--lat=35.395802 --lon=-97.598795 --heading=180
KOKC TERMINAL C7
--lat=35.395798 --lon=-97.598339 --heading=180
KIAH TERMINAL D
--lat=29.988449 --lon=-95.332242 --heading=180
KIAH TERMINAL D
--lat=29.988486 --lon=-95.333680 --heading=180
KHOU TERMINAL
--lat=29.653183 --lon=-95.277675 --heading=134
KHOU TERMINAL
--lat=29.652894 --lon=-95.278416 --heading=134

2. contact with director: ATIS info, flight plan, main leaving direction - N, E, S, W, requested STAR or destination city.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it? Probably not, because if they don’t recognise their freedoms, they’ll let their freedoms fall
IAHM-COL
Retired

Callsign: HK-424D or ICAO4243
Version: 3.7-git

Postby de profundis » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:22 am

TONIGHT ATC at EGKK London Gatwick

for details check:
http://www.flightgear.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17998
Cross Country Tutorial II - a VFR guide all that's VFR and more...!
de profundis

Callsign: SX-ATM M-J4MC
Version: 3.4

Postby Omega » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:34 pm

ATC now online at EHAM and until about 2000 UTC. Delivery services are provided up to approach/departure.
SIDs and STARs available.
Text and FGcom 119.22 .

Hope you enjoy my ATC services.
The engine is the heart of an aeroplane, but the pilot is its soul.
Omega

Callsign: Star,EHAA_CT,MIA0176
IRC name: Omega
Version: GIT

Postby de profundis » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:08 pm

ATC ACTION

at Schiphol EHAM

NOW...

and as long as there are PILOTS around, I ll be at the tower for at least 2 more hours (untill 20.00Z)
Cross Country Tutorial II - a VFR guide all that's VFR and more...!
de profundis

Callsign: SX-ATM M-J4MC
Version: 3.4

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:56 am

AirH5 special FSWeekend event; 48 hours non stop service at EHAM

http://www.flightgear.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18173

November 3rd and 4th, 24:00-23:59Z
Teamspeak, FGcom and text available

Teamspeak server: airh5.ts3dns.com

FGcom server: delta384.server4you.de
FGcom frequency: 122.15
FGcom alt frequency (available sometimes): 119.15

Come and fly under the ATC service, keep ATC active and enjoy!
All non-fictional planes accepted. Welcome to Schiphol Amsterdam Aerodrome!
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it? Probably not, because if they don’t recognise their freedoms, they’ll let their freedoms fall
IAHM-COL
Retired

Callsign: HK-424D or ICAO4243
Version: 3.7-git

UK ATC

Postby conor » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:24 pm

Hi guys, I'm looking to provide tower ATC at either EGLL (London Heathrow) or EGKK (London Gatwick). I will be online pretty much all week from around 18:30 UTC, I know there's already a very good controller at EGKK and I've seen that noone ever controls EGLL so I thought there would be good provided people would like a controller there?

Thanks guys :D
conor

Version: 2.10

Postby Trennor_ » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:47 pm

<rant> EGKK is too overdeveloped for some systems. Too many aircraft, too much scenery. If I fly there with this combination which posts like this attract, my system bogs down. Because, everyone wants to fly an airliner into there. Airbuses, Boeing 777s, 789s, 748s. There's TOO much of a good thing at these events. The same is starting to happen at other large, international FG airports too. I tried it last week with another controller at EGKK. My FG got so jerky, so stalled out, I was forced off multiplay. Tried it at EGLL, too - same effect.

My feeling is, if controllers are wanting to provide controlling experience for pilots, it would be better for everyone involved if they wouldn't pick such graphics-intensive airports, and limit the aircraft to those which don't need over a gigabyte of memory (and perhaps I'm exaggerating but I'm trying to make a point here) all by themselves. Not everyone has a super-deluxe gaming system with which to fly. Not everyone has 10 Gig of on-board memory. Not everyone has the latest video card: please try and consider those of us who don't have the financial resources to maintain top-of-line systems to be able to participate in events like this. Please! Downgrade the airports. Pick less-intensive aircraft to fly into those airports and allow MORE of us to be able to participate. </end of rant>
trennor - Just Another Armchair Pilot

Thanks to all who have helped in the past. One day I'll return the favour.
Trennor_

Callsign: C-TREN, CHT0004
IRC name: trennor
Version: 2016.3.1

Postby jomo » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:17 am

Trennor_ wrote in Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:47 pm:<rant> EGKK is too overdeveloped for some systems. Too many aircraft, too much scenery. If I fly there with this combination which posts like this attract, my system bogs down.
....Please! Downgrade the airports. Pick less-intensive aircraft to fly into those airports and allow MORE of us to be able to participate. </end of rant>

I would think it would be a big pity to just throw away all the nice work that people did on their private time in order to improve the appearance of FlightGear! I would rather suggest to use one of the thousands of airports available - that do not have any buildings etc. People that have problems with their PC could gather there - IF THAT REALLY IS NEEDED!

Did you try to use the the option "--prop:/sim/frame-rate-throttle-hz=5" ? That is usually set rather high and thus cause a lot of not NEEDED work. Throttling it to "10" is still a comfortable flying - even "5" is a value you can fly with.

Also you may not need all the fantasti work of the new "Rembrandt", reduce it in the FGFS-Menu "View --> Rendering options".

For sure I would rather reduce the brilliant "View options" and keep the scenery!
ATC at EDDF Fr,Sa,Su,We from 20:00 to 24:00 CET/MEZ., see http://www.emmerich-j.de
jomo

Postby radi » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:30 am

Please! Downgrade the airports

Trennor, it's dead simple to do this yourself. And no one knows better what your hardware can deliver than you. Just find the .stg file of the crowded airport and uncomment as many models as you wish. Check the wiki on how to do this.

To all those who populate airports with models: You're doing a great job, keep it up!
OSM buildings for LOWI, EDDC
Custom scenery for VHXX YMML
Edit .stg via the FG Object Placement Tool
radi

Postby Trennor_ » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:16 pm

Fine, I'll just shut up then. Sorry for living!
trennor - Just Another Armchair Pilot

Thanks to all who have helped in the past. One day I'll return the favour.
Trennor_

Callsign: C-TREN, CHT0004
IRC name: trennor
Version: 2016.3.1

Postby jomo » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:33 pm

Trennor_ wrote in Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:16 pm:Fine, I'll just shut up then. Sorry for living!

I would expect: If people try to help, that at least you test, comment, and give a feedback to their suggestions - instead of the above stupidity!
Or shall I now comment: Sorry for having answered - will never do it again?
jomo

Postby radi » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:06 pm

Imagine you had great hardware and developed an airport. Having spend, say, 50 hours of modeling until you finally arrive at something great, you give away your work for free. Now someone complains because it doesn't run on his hardware. Would you even consider throwing away your work? If you indeed did, the group of lucky high-end hardware owners would now complain.

Trennor, my point is: we're using an open source simulator, and open source is all about choice. If you don't like the highly detailed airports that require high-end systems, you have three options: 1) get better hardware, 2) avoid those airports, 3) make those airports render reasonably fast on your given hardware.

You benefit from an insane amout of work of others here, without having to pay anything. You have access to all the internals. If there's something you don't like, change it. It's as easy as opening a file, place a # at the beginning of a line, saving the file.
OSM buildings for LOWI, EDDC
Custom scenery for VHXX YMML
Edit .stg via the FG Object Placement Tool
radi

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer events