Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events

Daily booking and schedule board

Virtual fly-ins, fun flies, competitions, and other group events. Find out details of upcoming events, register for competitions, or organize your own tour of a favorite location.

Re: Daily booking and schedule board

Postby spitfirebruce21 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:28 am

Don't worry about it.
It isn`t going ahead.
Projects: YMBD, YJST
Horizon Flightgear Hangar!
Flightgear On Android
I may have a house on the ground, but my Home is in the sky.
spitfirebruce21

Callsign: ADL-FTW
Version: 2.6

Postby Liam » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:43 am

Because nobody ever bothers to use this topic even when they are being tower.. il give it a boost.

Amsterdam Schiphol [EHAM] tower is online, departures and arrivals welcome.

ATIS information frequency: 108.40

Arrival information:
Runway 18R approach: Localizer for ILS: 110.10
Runway 18C approach: Localizer for ILS: 109.50
Runway 36R approach: Localizer for ILS: 111.95

You don't need to note this information as I can vector you in sim, I just thought if you want to make a flight plan then you might wish to know these details in advance.

Hope to see some pilots

Good Day
Liam

Callsign: Liam
Version: GIT

Postby Jester » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:04 pm

BA996 EGLL-EHAM in the air
Jester

Callsign: BA996,Rescue1
IRC name: Jester01

Postby Liam » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:39 pm

Landed 3 people and taken off 1 so far :), had 2 missed approaches for one of those due to ILS failure on the IL-96, but we got there in the end. two decent approaches.

Edit: Tower offline now. Thanks to all who joined in, was fun.
Liam

Callsign: Liam

Postby hardy » Sat May 07, 2011 9:13 pm

I'm doing ATC for a while at KMCI

My callsighn is: KMCI_TW
I don't have fgcom enabled
I'l be doing approach/departure tower and ground

so feel free to come to KMCI

EDIT: tower is now offline
taking over the Salt Lake City Fly in for now
hardy

Postby Andrewc65 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:29 am

Today,MONDAY 20.06.2011, 18.00-20.00 UTC, I will be Tower & Ground ATC in San Fransisco (KSFO)

- FGCOM available
- STAR and SID procedures available
- languages: English

Thanks,
Andrew
FAA Air Traffic Controller
KSAN - San Diego Intl Airport
Andrew C.
Andrewc65

Postby trozanov » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:23 pm

BRT Virtual Airlines is proudly announcing that their will be event!

When : Saturday July 2nd 2011

Where: EDDF (frankfurt airport)

What Time : New York- 9:00 AM , UK & Portugal- 14:00, Berlin- 15:00, Ukraine- 16:00, Russia - 17:00 , Dehli- 19:30 , Singapore - 21:00

What : An Event. We will be flying from EDDF to EDDK . And Having Fun :)

Who: Virtual Star Alliance, BRT Virtual Airlines, Creder Nixrof Airlines, Merlion Virtual Airlines and Many More!

We reccomend FGcom.Hope to see you there!

More info @ www.brtvirtualairlines.com

Looking for ATC's .

Thank You!
trozanov

Callsign: trozano,BRT0001
Version: 20

Postby Andrewc65 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:17 pm

I will be servicing EDGS for a while....

EDIT: Tower Has CLOSED

Thanks,
Andrew
Last edited by Andrewc65 on Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew C.
Andrewc65

Postby redneck » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:12 am

I'm going to guess you're finished there. Please be sure to come back and edit your post, adding a line to say the tower has closed when you have finished. Makes things easier.
Call Signs: redneck, ATCredn (unspecified freq atc)
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
Model: Alienware M15x, OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, RAM: 3 GB, CPU: Intel i3 quad core at 2.4 GHz, GPU: Nvidea GeForce GTX 460M 1.5 GB GDDR5
redneck

Version: 240

Postby hardy » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:15 pm

I am in a aircraft carrier piloting it heading 180 those who want to land on me are welcome to

I have fgcom available if you want to use that 122.75

EDIT: over
Last edited by hardy on Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taking over the Salt Lake City Fly in for now
hardy

Postby D-EKEW » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:34 pm

4 ATC-s in Frankfurt Area right now. Land at all four without a crash and win first prize!

Edit: Icecode is well in front with 3 landings..only EDDF to go!

...But he got into trouble there, so sadly no prizes although his strategy of not letting the passengers out at the airport to minimize turn-around time was pretty smart!

PS Please listen to ATC and ask permission for everything...even going to the toilet :D . You'll be alright then!
Last edited by D-EKEW on Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D-EKEW

Callsign: D-EKEW, ELLX-TWR
Version: git

Postby icecode » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:47 pm

Yes, enjoyed so much the "event" of 4 ATCers in Frankfurt area. Except that in the final landing, ATCjomo didn't give me landing clearance, so I had to go around. After that, after requesting an explanation of why, no answer, instead, a classic "You are disturbing blah blah" Well, after 3 hours flying, the only thing I wait is a clearance, don't you think...?

Thanks to the four ATCers for assistance, effort and help.

Icecode.

EDIT: As an answer to D-EKEW: Well... the "strange" thing is that I've requested all, my passengers and me, my co-pilot, my flight attendants were all OK, normal flight. I didn't have any trouble... it wasn't my mistake.
icecode

Version: next

Postby Trez » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:14 pm

yes i enjoyed it as well i make a topic for maybe another event like this i made 1 landing =)
Trez

Callsign: Trez
Version: 2.8 GIT

Postby Trennor_ » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:35 pm

Icecode GL wrote:Yes, enjoyed so much the "event" of 4 ATCers in Frankfurt area. Except that in the final landing, ATCjomo didn't give me landing clearance, so I had to go around.

I had the same problem: he lined me up on the proper heading, but I was at least half a mile east of the runway, too close (1 mile) from the threshold couldn't make the landing. I had to go so I just aborted the flight, but it was frustrating.

What I see happening on these is IFR and VFR are being mixed up by the controllers. It's up to the pilot to inform the controller on contact if he's flying IFR or VFR, so the controller knows by which set of rules the pilot is flying. Unless the controller has access to a flight plan, which on FG we don't, the controller asks. It's then up to to controller to know when and how to direct a flight IFR, or when and how to direct the flight VFR: they are not done in the same way. Controllers should know the differences and not put a VFR pilot through an IFR procedure. Maybe our ATC man could offer a crash course for FG controllers.

Another suggestion for these fly-ins: please post in your forum postings about the event to not spawn on runways; that'll clear a lot of the problem of runway spawns. It's a simple matter of bringing up MPMap first, before spawning your aircraft, picking a spot on the tarmac off the runways and taxiways with your mouse pointer, and jotting down the lat/lon of that location, then putting those co-ordinates into your launcher. For example, I spawned at EDDF at lat=50.048101 lon=8.582382 and my heading defaulted to 360. That put me in a nice position not far from Rwy 25R, and out of the way of most of the traffic, contacted ATC ... and went from there.
trennor - Just Another Armchair Pilot

Thanks to all who have helped in the past. One day I'll return the favour.
Trennor_

Callsign: C-TREN, CHT0004
IRC name: trennor
Version: 2016.3.1

Postby jomo » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:50 am

Well - I guess this is not the right forum to discuss these issues - pls have a look on the just created viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13009 .

Let me just give a short "my view", so these issues do not stay open for all times - and it may be of interest to others too:

Please do not forget: This was not a planned event - it just happened to be! And while we ATCs still tried to discus how to handle that - we were overtaken (at least me). Those tow mishaps (see Trennor and Icecode) just happened in a rather critical time-frame - i have no idea who looked on MPmap (or on the newly available MAP) at that time:
- there were 8 targets in the EDDF area, 4 on Final/Localizer, 2 in pattern, 2 approaching
-- 3 of those had big problems reacting in a normal time-frame and/or even holding altitude, heading and speed
-- 1 even accelerated on Final from 220 kn up to 350, overtaking others on final (1 reason for GoAround)
-- 2 were on GoAround
- MPchat was terrible overloaded, I am not sure if anybody did read all messages - I could NOT (sorry - but dear pilots: ATC has to read them all and has to respond to many - while pilots can concentrate just on a few dedicated ones!). I am sure I missed a few in that critical time-frame - especially: All were on MPchat!! - on FGCOM that would not have been a problem!

- special to Icecode: Not sure if I actually overlooked (or maybe you did not see on screen) - anyhow: You did right Going Around! And for sure you got vectors from me for that. I have no idea why you suddenly decided to turn in to final - while still some others were on final - i guess to that time you were #4! By the way: To that same time also one other plane, also being on GoArround) decided to do the same strange thing - and even did not respond to my very nicely questions etc.. And you decided to start discussing instead of following advise to get you out of a crash-situation - well you know me since a long time! I hope we still are friends - sorry that you did not get the trophy to be first - better luck next time!

- special to Trennorr: I am not sure, but if I remember correct you were the one who was lined up for rw 25R (in the middest of 2 other planes on final). Then you suddenly turned left going into direction of 25L, and while I was typing to warn you - you suddenly decided to turn back right - and then ended your flight just prior TouchDown on the "Center Taxiway" between those 2 runways. I am really sorry I had no time to film that !!

- One word to IFR/VFR: I try to be open for all visitors, independent of skills - as long as they can handle their plane and communicate with ATC. And for sure the skills are drastically different! So I see IFR/VFR in a very basic way:
- IFR I can direct to a VOR and get them from there onto ILS
- VFR I have to vector all the time and even advise on speed and altitude
Thats it -- I guess for anything else you need a closed event with minimum skills!

So: I liked it - but believe me: The last 1h was pure stress - that made me sleep well afterward.
I hope we all see us again soon
joe
jomo / ATCjomo + EDDFjo + EDDFjo1 + EDDFjo2
ATC at EDDF Fr,Sa,Su,We from 20:00 to 24:00 CET/MEZ., see http://www.emmerich-j.de
jomo

Callsign: jomo EDDFjo1+2

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer events