Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events

Daily booking and schedule board

Virtual fly-ins, fun flies, competitions, and other group events. Find out details of upcoming events, register for competitions, or organize your own tour of a favorite location.

Re: Daily booking and schedule board

Postby JGKREAL » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:45 pm

ANYONE WHO WOULD LIKE TO FLY AROUND KPAE OR PANC PM ASAP

looking to do some day flying!!
-JGKREAL
JGKREAL

Callsign: JGKREAL
Version: 2.10

Postby BIZX » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:44 am

<large bump>

Hi all. I'm planning on ATCing Saturday evening (EDT) at PANC, from around 01:00 to 03:00 UTC. I will be on FGCOM (frequency 118.30) and MPChat. A carrier will also be in the area, for those who want to catapult themselves around Cook Inlet.

Hope to see you there. :wink:
It's been way too long, but I'm back...and plan to stay that way. I hope.
BIZX

Callsign: BIZX
Version: Git

Postby mickybadia » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:14 pm

Funny the last post here dates back to 14/06. I don't get why ppl would stop this ridiculously huge thread all of a sudden after 4 years...

Anyway, in case this is useful and has not already been advertised here, events can be schedulled and looked up on lenny64.free.fr -- several European ATCs incl. myself already use it pretty consistently before their ATC sessions. It even has minimal FPL filing facility, before a proper FPL server is released (I hear there is effort in this direction).
So there, better than drowning my one-off session in a many-year long discussion, I think.

For the record I have been ATCing almost every Sunday night in Paris, along with several European positions open. Sunday seems to stabilise with at least four parallel sessions around 20:00UTC. Does it not make you pilots happy to take off AND land in controlled areas? Even transit is possible.

Fly safe.
mickybadia

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:21 pm

I will be controlling KSFO today at random times, mostly around 10AM to 5PM EST.
Languages: English and Spanish
Arrivals: Please contqct when you are about 60 nm out like this: KSFO Approch, I am currently x miles out at x feet cruising at x kts with Information X. Plan to be at around 20,000 ft or pess by then.
Local or GA flights contact me immedietly after takeoff and do not cpimb higher than 12,000.
Departure: Notify me your ATIS and destination, and then I will give taxi instructions. Do not taxi or pushback without permission!

DONOT START ON RWYS!
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby mickybadia » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:14 pm

Hey, good to see new ATCs coming in.
However, my advice is to use any airport BUT San Francisco. You'll see. It is the default for anyone not picking one explicitly, so you will soon be wondering if anyone even knows that he is sharing the airspace.
mickybadia

Postby mickybadia » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:15 pm

...and whatever session you host, please put it up on http://flightgear-atc.alwaysdata.net/ which is the newer address for the one I was referring to in my earlier post.
Ta!
mickybadia

Postby stuart » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:27 pm

Hi All,

Just a quick note of thanks to those manning the ATC at Paris Orly and Charles De Gaulle last night. The ATC support was excellent.

I was the DC-3 driver who got confused, taxied to the end of Orly 24, turned right instead of left and took off downwind with about 60 yards of runway ahead of me... Apologies for such poor airmanship. Flying at night is more difficult than I expected !

-Stuart
G-MWLX
stuart

Callsign: G-MWLX

Postby mickybadia » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:41 pm

Hey there Stuart. Let me first thank you for the note as I was the guy who cleared you for take-off at Orly.
I regularly put up sessions there on Sundays, for 2-3 hours late afternoon or night, check http://flightgear-atc.alwaysdata.net/

The other guy I think will be settling in Bordeaux, and we have someone regularly in Vatry as well, which may soon cover enough of France to have fun in the area (far-West Europe was a little scarce...)

See you there perhaps!
MickyATC / mickybadia
mickybadia

Postby henrikp » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:14 pm

Just finishing up on my first ATC session in ELLX. The last time was a couple of years ago and then I wasn't prepared at all. Now I thought I was prepared a little but then pilots who wanted STAR's and SID's and me not crashlanding them on the runway :P (hadn't looked at the approach/departure files at all at that moment) Luckily most of the pilots were understandable and helped me get back on my feet - I didn't expect 3 incoming flights at the same time right right in the beginning. Now I have a lot of factual things to go over before next time. Probably planning it on Saturday evening but will post on the website when really sure about my availability. Learning how the system works in fine detail is always exiting to me :)
henrikp

Callsign: ES-KLA
IRC name: ahven
Version: git

Postby islandmonkey » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:09 pm

You do :) Just make sure next time -- you vector me to a good position on the ILS beam and be coherent with what runway you're landing me on. Otherwise, I end up turning too much in too much short distance and I also had an issue with getting the glidescope. You did talk a little slow, but I understand that you were a little confused. If you're going to take me to an NDB, tell me the/an appropriate heading for the NDB. Runway and type of approach is the first things you tell me once in contact. If you're still confused, I can join you during to session to guide you along again :)
islandmonkey

Callsign: G-MNKY

Postby henrikp » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:40 pm

I now have all relevant charts printed for ELLX and the rest of Belgium airspace. I "just" need to go over the aerodrome data and brush on the overall ATC phraseology. One step at a time.

islandmonkey wrote in Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:09 pm:You do :) Just make sure next time -- you vector me to a good position on the ILS beam and be coherent with what runway you're landing me on. Otherwise, I end up turning too much in too much short distance and I also had an issue with getting the glidescope. You did talk a little slow, but I understand that you were a little confused. If you're going to take me to an NDB, tell me the/an appropriate heading for the NDB. Runway and type of approach is the first things you tell me once in contact. If you're still confused, I can join you during to session to guide you along again :)

To be honest, at that moment I had only reviewed the ground charts and barely skimmed over the RWY 24 ILS approach. I haven't had much spoken english practice lately, I hope to improve it now. And spelling out different NDB's - I just panicked deep inside, don't know why I did what I did then :) I just put up a Saturday event for ELLX and probably a Sunday one too, but leaving that open for now.
henrikp

Postby islandmonkey » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:06 pm

Wonderful. I just noticed that you haven't been around this forum since 2011 :P I asked you for just heading vectors while I was flying because NDB's are horrible little things. There is no real priority of where you can vector me to, but it is best to take someone to a VOR first (in this instance it would probably be DIK) or a navigation fix. Both are a little less strenuous for pilots to get to. :D

To help with measuring distance from an aircraft to one place, OpenRadar has a little floating box that follows the cursor around on the map, showing heading and distance from aircraft and this should make sure that you don't vector me in a little too short :)
islandmonkey

Callsign: G-MNKY

Postby henrikp » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:11 pm

islandmonkey wrote in Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:06 pm:To help with measuring distance from an aircraft to one place, OpenRadar has a little floating box that follows the cursor around on the map, showing heading and distance from aircraft and this should make sure that you don't vector me in a little too short :)

Yep, knew that at that time but when you panic, your mind goes blank :) Later that evening I found out that OpenRadar shows suggested elevations for approaching the runway, that knowledge would have been very useful on your approach.
EDIT: typo
henrikp

Postby EK12 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:40 pm

I'm hosting an Emirates Event in about 24 hours from now, if anyone is interested. It's to celebrate Emirates' 30th Anniversary.

Everyone is welcome to join, as long as they read my topic and agree with the rules.

EK12 ;)
Airports Flying at: Mostly KSFO, sometimes OMDB.
I am still trying to land safely at KSFO runway 28L.

"If at first you can't touchdown, fly, fly again."
EK12

Callsign: EK12
Version: 3.4

Postby Zjump » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:18 am

Anyone want to fly at EFHK? We will be flying from EFHK to KSFO with a 777-300ER
Zjump

Version: 3.4

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer events