Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events

Fun beach bush tour ~ 1hr 30mins 3rd Sept 2020

Virtual fly-ins, fun flies, competitions, and other group events. Find out details of upcoming events, register for competitions, or organize your own tour of a favorite location.

Fun beach bush tour ~ 1hr 30mins 3rd Sept 2020

Postby Volador » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:54 pm

Greetings fellow fliers,
What? Corsica bush beach tour in J3 Piper Cubs, oh yes 8) strict aircraft policy to make this more fun.
When? Thursday 3rd Sept 2020 17:30 GMT ~ (18:30 CET). USA? not a clue but if you're up at that time do come and join in. Wheels up around 17:35 GMT 18:35 CET
Where? LFKJ coastal tour with a few beach landings finishing at LFKF in time for a refreshment of your choice :)
You'll need bush wheels as we'll be hitting those beaches as we fly round the coast. You might want to switch off damage... I did :shock:
What do I wear? Your best flying gear or your covid PJ's, the choice is yours but it might get chilly later.
How long? hmm, it will depend on our combined flying skills but let's allow 1 hour 30 mins, that should be plenty.
All ages and abilities welcome, hope to see you there.
Volador
:D
Volador

Callsign: Volador, G-VLDR
Version: 2020.4

Re: Fun beach bush tour ~ 1hr 30mins 3rd Sept 2020

Postby Maerchenprinz » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:52 pm

Hi!

I checked out the area yesterday and tried a few fluffy beach landings, really nice! I didn't manage to manually start the engine of the J3 Cub, the autostart worked though.
Unfortunately, I can't join this evening, hope you will have fun, watch out for careless beach goers on approach!

Ciao,

Adrian
Maerchenprinz

Callsign: Adrian

Postby Volador » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:16 pm

No worries Adrian - we'll report back on our adventures - yes, I know what you mean about autostart - I think the primer and magnetos is the key though
Volador
Volador

Postby Volador » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:00 pm

A poor turnout on the day but this is very quickly becoming a favourite place for 'Low and slow' in the basic low powered piper with bush wheels, such good fun and a real test of seat of your pants piloting skills - beaches are more tricky than you think in this aircraft and I've put the nose in a few times. Pushing the aircraft to clear some of the cliffs and hills on VFR is a great challenge and I'm impressed with the scenery, hazy distant hills and beaches - sea surrounded by cliffs and hills, it been a good antidote to being stuck in during the lockdown :)
Volador

Return to Multiplayer events