Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events

LFSB ATC (EuroAirport Basel Mulhouse Freiburg)

Virtual fly-ins, fun flies, competitions, and other group events. Find out details of upcoming events, register for competitions, or organize your own tour of a favorite location.

LFSB ATC (EuroAirport Basel Mulhouse Freiburg)

Postby RogerDodger » Thu May 16, 2019 2:10 pm

Hello everyone again,

So, I won't introduce myself again :D and as I said, I am trying to get more active on the FG community.

I was checking some airports around Central-West Europe (where most of the activity is), and seems that Basel airport is usually not controlled although it's very well developed.
It has a great location, and the airport is very developed - taxiways, signs, terminal building (including jet bridges), parkings (possibility to start on many parkings/gates), and so on.
Also it seems good size for the amount of traffic on FG, meaning not too small, and not too big, so that users can see each other, to create a more realistic event.

What do you think about trying an ATC event there? I can do it myself, or if someone wants to join we can share positions.

How about a little test run, either Friday (17.5) around 16.00-18.00 UTC (18.00-20.00 CEST), or Saturday (18.5) around 18.00-20.00 UTC (20.00-22.00 CEST)? (I might be able to do both, I will post updates on http://flightgear-atc.alwaysdata.net/)
I will open a mumble channel with the airport name, and feel free to file flightplans on http://flightgear-atc.alwaysdata.net.

Let me know what you think :D
RogerDodger

Re: LFSB ATC (EuroAirport Basel Mulhouse Freiburg)

Postby Dogers » Thu May 16, 2019 7:40 pm

Greetings sir.

I think it could be a great idea. I will try to stop by if I got some spare-time.
Scenery contributions :

LFVM - LFVP - FMEE - FMCZ
Dogers

Callsign: F-DGRS, Dogers
Version: 2020.3.8

Postby Isaak » Fri May 17, 2019 7:31 am

I'm not sure that I can make it, but I'll try!
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Pronouns: he, him
Callsign: OO-ISA
Version: next

Postby RogerDodger » Sun May 19, 2019 6:11 pm

Hey everyone,

So, I think that the test events went quite well.

The airport seems to have good scenery at the airport and around it, all fixes/nav/etc. seems to be correct and the charts I posted are accurate to FG.
I find that the size of the airport is really good as well, not being a big airport, but rather a medium size that can have all types of airplanes (including A380). The good thing about it is that I think it fits to the amount of traffic, meaning that on the multiplayer, pilots can see each other easily even if there are only 2 or 3 planes on the ground and it can create a more realistic effect of traffic.

I recommend to use mumble - it creates a more realistic simulation. I am trying to keep the conversation in mumble realistic (meaning using it as a real radio and not as some kind of skype, the jokes i keep for the chat :D ).

I also recommend to have a look at the charts before, since the SIDs and approaches are quite interesting, since the airport has interesting terrain around it.

Anyway, I will keep updates on Lenny's website and here about further events, and let me know what you think about the test events/airport/whatever comes to mind.
RogerDodger

Postby LH-1701 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:29 am

Hi,

thanks for the good but short service ;( It was a pitty that my simulation died while simulating an emergency ;(

So it was a "crash" (of the simulator) without a crash (of the plane) ;)

See you next time again!

reguards,

tobias
#ISupportJomo
LH-1701

Callsign: LH-1701
Version: 2018.3.2

Postby RogerDodger » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:04 pm

Hello!!
Sorry for my short disappearance, busy days.
It was indeed a lame day, until the emergency shout. Unfortunately, there might be an investigation for this crash. :D

Luckily, the next day was much better, with many mumble users.

I will do an event today, to get back on track :)
RogerDodger

Postby land0019 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:53 pm

Tower lfsb i want to thank you for your assistance in my flight.
You are very professional with too much patience.
Thank you for your time too.
I hope to see you again.
land0019

Return to Multiplayer events