Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events

Proposed unity flight in June

Virtual fly-ins, fun flies, competitions, and other group events. Find out details of upcoming events, register for competitions, or organize your own tour of a favorite location.

Re: Proposed unity flight in June

Postby swampthing » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:14 pm

Might be able to make it then. The main thing is we get a flight going and people have fun. I would start thinking about voip. Fgcom hasn't been working for me. I would consider mumble or discord. There is already a discord Flightgear server with about 250 people. Maybe some others on there will jump in. There are plenty of voice channels on that server.
www.opredflag.com
I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. -Thomas Jefferson-
swampthing

Callsign: swamp
Version: 2018.2

Postby swampthing » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:36 pm

That sounds like a plan to me. KB7 lets do that.
www.opredflag.com
I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. -Thomas Jefferson-
swampthing

Postby swampthing » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:26 am

Those who are attending should list the plane they are flying if you don't mind. I personally don't like looking at gliders. ;)
www.opredflag.com
swampthing

Postby J Maverick 16 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:28 pm

@Swamp: May I suggest a first post update with the official write up of the event in order to get all the information quickly and clearly in a single place?
Regards, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (KC-137R, F-16, A330, C-32J, MH-60)
Flying with Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar
Aviation media on IG at: @j_maverick16.aviation
J Maverick 16

Callsign: J-Mav16
Version: 2020.3.19

Postby swampthing » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:33 am

"KB7";p=332982]Just a thought.... The route splits in half at about PAVD. If a group wants to start out at Homer (PAHO) at a given time, then 2 hours later have a start at PAVD, then 2 hours later everyone can land at Yakutat (PAYA). Anyone wanting to boost faster than 120 (say 160ish in a DHC6 does for 3 hours total whole route) can start at a fractionally later time.

The key will be to set an actual date, since we're already in June. How about Sunday, June 24, 18:00 UTC (1 PM Central) for start at PAHO, 20:00 UTC for PAVD starters, event ends around 22:00ish? If I'm coordinating I'll say let's use Mumble for voice comm.

This is the plan. If you are coming please post what plane you will be flying so those that don't have it can get it. Thanks
www.opredflag.com
swampthing

Postby RJ5576 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:11 am

I'll most likely be in either a DHC-2 or a DC-3.
RJ5576

Callsign: RJ5576
Version: 2018.1.1

Postby KB7 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:53 pm

Sorry, now I'm the one who has had RL intrustions including death of hardware. I'm going to try to know this evening if the 24th still works for me.

The 4 hour track is based on 120 Kts speed (never known if Skyvector figures ground speed or TIA...) We're happy at any speed.

I think I'll probably be doing the detailed Cessna-172 and if my new graphics card and monitor allow it, I'll provide Easy ATC progressively along the route - maybe. That's if I can do it at all.

Also note that if you're not using the FGADDON repository we need to know how to get your aircraft, too... :D

One goes up... one goes down... ;)
KB7

Callsign: KB7
Version: 2017.3.1

Postby V12 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:33 pm

Hello gentlemans, I'm planning next leg of the World challengest approaches and don't want to collide with this flight. When in June will be this adventure ?
Fly high, fly fast - fly Concorde !
V12

Callsign: BAWV12

Postby RJ5576 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:29 am

At 1800 UTC on the 24th from PAHO to PAYA.
RJ5576

Callsign: RJ5576
Version: 2018.1.1

Postby KB7 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:16 pm

And it has been yet another week for me.... And I now know that I won't know for sure until about two hours before the event, sorry! For me it is likely but not absolutely positive.
I'm also going to pull a plane change and roll in a Twin Otter if I'm there, but will plan speed to do 4 hours. It's not the most current version anywhere AFAIK, hopefully it represents to everyone well.

So the plan is:
Date: 24 June
Speed basis: 120. (Don't care if you roll faster so long as you don't hit nobody, this speed calculated for times below....)
Expect VFR conditions with possible Ground / Tower control at the three airports enroute; altitude selectable at pilot discretion (fly too low and you'll be late... :) )
Intended Arrival: 2200, PAYA (Yakutat).
Takeoff Time: 1800 UTC if Takeoff from PAHO (Homer). 2000 UTC if Takeoff from PAVD.
ATC Services.... Maybe; if so expect services at 1730 from PAHO until all have taken off, 1930 at PAVD until any joiners have taken off, 2145(ish) at PAYA until roughly 22:45 minimum for late arrivers. Vectoring enroute is iffy at best - please expect to know how to navigate the route. And while I'll do my best, don't automatically expect vatsim quality.
Be prepared to just fly without control.

As to updating the top post, I didn't start the thread and am providing minimal coordination at best so can't edit it... Swamp can amend any of the above if desired - can't quite tell if he can be there or not.
KB7

Callsign: KB7
Version: 2017.3.1

Postby tdammers » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:09 pm

Sounds awesome. Not sure if I can make it, but if so, I'll be flying a DHC-6. Anyone who wants to enjoy my questionable custom livery is welcome to download my fork from https://github.com/tdammers/dhc6.
tdammers

Callsign: NL256
IRC name: nl256

Postby Oswald » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:08 pm

I'd like to come, if so I take the Cessna 337 Skymaster. Not sure though if I can make it.
Oswald

Postby swampthing » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:11 am

I will be there in either the P47-D-30 or the Sepecat Jaguar. There are some capitalization problem with the Jag that cause people using Linux not to be able to see the model and other things. If I don't get this all sorted out by tonight I will Fly the P47. Here is a link to the Jag https://github.com/swampmo/Jaguar . I would wait until tomorrow to git clone or download the zip if you are a Linux user due to reason I stated before. Here is the link for the P-47 https://github.com/swampmo/P47 . If you don't download this and only have the old FGaddon version you will see a plane on fire most likely. There have been a lot of changes and its converted to JSBsim. The P47 is good to go now for Linux and Windows users. Hope to see you there.
www.opredflag.com
swampthing

Postby swampthing » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:28 am

I also advise loading up the airports start, midway and final due to terrasync seeming to be acting up the last few weeks. This could only be for 2018.1.1 I don't know but I can be sitting on 26 meg but still have tiles not loading. Possibly a server problem but I've ruled out it being on my end. Hopefully we don't have problems because part of the point is flying through the mountains. ')
www.opredflag.com
swampthing

Postby BlockAviators » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:25 am

I’ll Probably be in a C208 which is custom
BlockAviators

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer events