Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events

Now That We're Masters World Tour 2017

Virtual fly-ins, fun flies, competitions, and other group events. Find out details of upcoming events, register for competitions, or organize your own tour of a favorite location.

Re: Now That We're Masters World Tour 2017

Postby PavlinSierra » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:17 pm

it0uchpods wrote in Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:06 pm:What?
Do you mean "visual approach"? VFR is a different type of flying.

Kind Regards,
Josh

PS: What are "primary AP settings"?

@it0uchpods, there is a 3 ways to land on an airport - ILS landing, primary A/p and manually. The second , witch is " primary autopilot settings" is mean that you are still using A/p during your landing. This time is different - If you are turn off the A/p and do not use even F/D you have to do entirely manual visual approuche. The primary A/p settings are in 2 variants - Engage F/d with ILS settings or on LNAV/ HDG and V/s, VNAv or FLCH and an second way - A/p engaged, with / in most cases / HDG and V/s or VNAV. Now, When I perform for example a landing on an airport without ILS usually I remote and controll with A/p and HDG with V/s. This is the most nearest way to land without ILS. But on 500 I took over manually controll, because V/s down this alt is rapidly dangeourus. Like for example yesterday on VTSP I perform the landing like this, I was thinking to repeat, because I land on the grass , not the centerline of the RWY. Unfortuanately even on LNAV you are not perfectly allined, ususally, LNAV does not follow the course properly after you starting final approuche, so I use HDG hold for that purpose. But there is a complication - The complication is that even than you are not pefectly allined with the RWY. So, unfortuanately it will be hard to do primary A/p settings landing. But that's the situation now.
PavlinSierra
Retired

Callsign: PavlinS
Version: 2016 4.4

Postby Octal450 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:56 pm

Just do visual approach?

Kind Regards,
Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411
Version: next

Postby PavlinSierra » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:14 am

Yup. If I can, with the tricky mountains around VTSP. Now I land at WASK on primary A/p settings. It was a disaster..... Now I am on WABI. I will try to do landing next time here. So......
PavlinSierra
Retired

Callsign: PavlinS
Version: 2016 4.4

Postby J Maverick 16 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:12 am

We were again a few lot two days ago en route to Phuket (5 or 6) but it was again fun, especially with the tricky approach to VTSP ;) . Thanks to those who attended and to the ATC who helped us at Phuket.

TODAY IT'S THE TIME FOR THE GRAND FINALE!

Or, the last chance to show yourself at one of the greatest MP events in a long time in terms of attendance.

The last leg will start from VTSP (Phuket) at 1715z and we will fly to the last destination which is Singapore Chagi (WSSS), ETA 1h 20 mins more or less with a distance of about 530NM.

This time I managed to make even a gpx route with SkyVector (hope it works), in addition to the usual route manager xml version, available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n3y3itdoorfx8 ... S.gpx?dl=0
Otherwise, here's the written one:

Code: Select all
VTSP - ROMBO - VPL - VIH - DAMAL - WSSS

As it's the last flight, we'll cruise at M0.81 or even lower at FL350. Someone might do ATC at WSSS or maybe not, we'll see.
I expect to do a low fly over at Singapore before we start the approach procedures.

Try your best to be there, at least the last day ;) .
Cheers, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (KC-137R, F-16, A330, C-32J, MH-60)
Flying with Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar
Aviation media on IG at: @j_maverick16.aviation
J Maverick 16

Callsign: J-Mav16
Version: 2020.3.19

Postby J Maverick 16 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:44 am

IMPORTANT:
The FlightGear Mumble server is offline since yesterday, so we either find another Mumble server where we can host the event in case it doesn't get repaired in time or we will use the FlightGear Discord server for that purpose: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31449 .
Please feel free to post any suggestions fro Mumble servers available.
I will post here if to notify you all where we will host comms or if the server will get back to life in time.
Regards, Mav

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (KC-137R, F-16, A330, C-32J, MH-60)
J Maverick 16

Postby J Maverick 16 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:57 pm

We are working on an alternative Mumble server for the event where we can all connect to. Stand-by for more information.
Cheers, Mav

J Maverick 16

Postby Octal450 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:25 pm

Hi
I've make a Mumble temporarily so we can all chat nicely on request of JMav16

IP: itpns.ddns.net
Port: 64738 (default)

Kind Regards,
Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations

Octal450

Postby V12 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:58 am

Again next very difficult flight for me, but not for failed aircraft's systems. Weather in south Slovakia was damn hot. Temperature in the room (sorry, cockpit) was over 32 degree with 56% humidity, wife watched on TV dressed in very light dress. I didn't know, where I should watch - on monitor, or her. 5 minutes before descent I ordered glass of something cold to the cockpit. Wife as real stewardess leaved room and in minute was back with beer, alcohol free, ofcourse :) But dressed only in her original British Airways scarf. I thought about 7700 or even better 7500 transponder code :)
I landed on WSSS 20R as fast as possible...

JMav, very big thanks for absolutly perfect series of flight over all world.
Fly high, fly fast - fly Concorde !
V12

Callsign: BAWV12

Postby Octal450 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:20 am

xD
Wife or Concorde...

Octal450

Postby GinGin » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:17 pm

Screens from Concorde are nice.
This world tour looks amazing in a piece of machinery like Concorde :)

V12, if you have the time during your next flight, I will be very interested by some interior screenshot of differents systems of the cockpit :)
GinGin

Callsign: Gingin

Postby V12 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:21 am

GinGin :
look here - https://s10.postimg.org/7p4yw3tpl/fgfs-screen-002.png - full cockpit in the day light
or here - http://i68.tinypic.com/2d78oic.png - engineer's panel, focused on fuel management system
http://i68.tinypic.com/2cyml3o.png - full engineer's panel with part of the galley (opened door to the cockpit)
http://i64.tinypic.com/n66fyh.png - observer seat
And here is landing and take off from Paro (VQPR) - viewtopic.php?p=314496#p314496

Concorde interior is very very old and not extra nice. But this plane born, when computers was very weak in comparision with today's machines. This famous plane needs complet interior redesign to full 3D dashboards, but I don't know how to do it :(
V12

Postby GinGin » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:34 pm

Very nice Beast, I love those analogics gauges.
It must have been tight in Paro, what an amazing approach in Bouthan :)

Indeed this flying legend would deserve a refreshment ahah.
Do you have to manage the flight engineer panels, with fuel balancing, Elec, Hydraulics etc ?
GinGin

Callsign: Gingin

Postby V12 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:12 am

Fuel balancing is very important, without it You never reach M2.0. I don't use electric panel, except cold start of the engines before take off from airport with ATC on tower. Startup procedure is described very well on http://wiki.flightgear.org/Concorde#Col ... the_ground.

With Concorde I landed at Paro rwy 33 7 times (my flight logs are on fgtracker), it is difficult, but not impossible. Main problem is very high landing speed around 200 kts, because final descent is steep and in low speed delta wing doesn't provide sufficient lift for smooth transition from descent to horizontal flight. With FOB more than 20 tons and approach speed 180 knots You probably will stall and crash on runway treshold.
In the reality, Concorde can't land at Paro, because in the walley is speed limit 160 knots and that speed too low for that plane. Standard landing on rwy 15 with Concorde is almost impossible, You need minimum 200 knots for transition from steep descent to leveled flight, then You must make sharp left turn for line up with rwy 15 and land as near as possible to the treshold for safe braking. I tried this madness 5 times, all attempts ended with touchdown somewhere in the middle of the runway and cancelled landings, then emergency climb to 14000 feets on afterburner, turn back over TAKTI and succesfull landing on rwy 33. That attempts are not logged in fgtracker.

But talk about Paro is off-topic, we should continue in the other thread.
V12

Previous

Return to Multiplayer events