Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events

FlightGear MP Event Calendar

Virtual fly-ins, fun flies, competitions, and other group events. Find out details of upcoming events, register for competitions, or organize your own tour of a favorite location.

FlightGear MP Event Calendar

Postby stuart » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:55 am

To make it easier to keep track of upcoming MP events, there is now a google calendar page on the FlightGear website:

http://www.flightgear.org/calendar.html

If you want to submit your MP event, contact Curt (email address on the website).

-Stuart
G-MWLX
stuart

Callsign: G-MWLX

Re: FlightGear MP Event Calendar

Postby paschauf » Tue May 26, 2009 7:22 am

Excellent idea the calendar, now it needs to be populated by many many MP events
paschauf

Postby ac001 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:38 pm

[Mod Note: This is a different calendar, and may contain different events. -Stuart (the mod) ]

Here's v2 to test

http://flightgear.freeflightsim.org/

regards
pete
ac001

Callsign: peteffs
Version: 2

Postby my callsign is bob » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:23 am

could they make like an "event server" so like regular servers don't get busy and stuff like that, PS how do i start to make a plane because i have an idea for a JOINT FIGHTER which is a highly maneuverable vtal plane but can go past sound and is more maneuverable than a harrier Boeing is making one
my callsign is bob

Callsign: bob

Postby Basher1 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:22 am

could they make like an "event server" so like regular servers don't get busy and stuff like that

There are actually multiple servers from 01 all the way to somewhere in the teen numbers.

how do i start to make a plane because i have an idea for a JOINT FIGHTER which is a highly maneuverable vtal plane but can go past sound and is more maneuverable than a harrier Boeing is making one

Making an aircraft for flightgear is no easy task, however you might start looking at the flightgear wiki. If you're thinking of making the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, it appears that this fighter has already been developed. http://www.flightgear.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2074&hilit=joint+strike+fighter

P.S. Incidentally, this topic is about the Mp Event Calendar, not developing aircraft ;)
~ Basher1
Aircraft: F-4D
Site: http://basher1.wordpress.com/
Basher1

Callsign: Basher1

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:29 am

stuart wrote in Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:55 am:To make it easier to keep track of upcoming MP events, there is now a google calendar page on the FlightGear website:

If you want to submit your MP event, contact Curt (email address on the website).

-Stuart

It says there that to add events to the calendar, its advised to e-mail Curtis Olson. But, unfortunately it does not seem to be an available email address.
Does anyone know howto contact Curtis, or how to access permissions to add events to this calendar?
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it? Probably not, because if they don’t recognise their freedoms, they’ll let their freedoms fall
IAHM-COL
Retired

Callsign: HK-424D or ICAO4243
Version: 3.7-git

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:39 am

Hi All,
I could never quite get access to this one calendar,
but I am doing some effort to keep the AirH5's calendar updated, including other multiplayer events such as I get notice of them

Feel free to visit us and check for calendar and cool multiplayer events (AirH5's and others) here
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it? Probably not, because if they don’t recognise their freedoms, they’ll let their freedoms fall
IAHM-COL
Retired

Callsign: HK-424D or ICAO4243
Version: 3.7-git

Postby ajaymittur28 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:56 pm

stuart wrote in Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:55 am:To make it easier to keep track of upcoming MP events, there is now a google calendar page on the FlightGear website:

-Stuart

There are no such events as of now in the upcoming months. So I would like to know how do we create a multiplayer event.
ajaymittur28

Postby Johan G » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:24 pm

Yo do not need to add events to the calendar. Many events, possibly with the exception of air traffic control (ATC) support in some areas, are usually announced by posting a new topic in the subforum Multiplayer events.

Usually a starting airport a route and a destination is posted important are of course also date, time (preferably in UTC/GMT/Zulu time) and the expected duration. Sometimes there also is a recommendation on what type of aircraft to use, usually to help the participants to be able to fly at the approximate same airspeed. Often they are announced about a week in advance.

Look around in that subforum. Often there are also links to a separate topic with screenshots from each event and sometimes videos.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby ScottLansky » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:24 pm

The URL mentioned in the first post in this thread returns a 404 not found error.
https://www.flightgear.org/calendar.html

Is anyone interested in starting up some flight events?
We could use TeamSpeak or Mumble to communicate and fly on the Frankfurt server.

Please let me know if anyone is interested. I am in TZ GMT+1
ScottLansky

Postby Ovazor » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:05 am

Flying the Dakota
Ovazor

Callsign: OH-OVA
Version: 2020.4.0

Return to Multiplayer events