Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events

The Festival of FlightGear - 2 & 3 May + 7 & 8 Nov 2015

Virtual fly-ins, fun flies, competitions, and other group events. Find out details of upcoming events, register for competitions, or organize your own tour of a favorite location.

Re: The Festival of FlightGear - 2 & 3 May + 7 & 8 Nov 2015

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:32 pm

daweed wrote in Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:41 pm:Hello evryone,

if u are agree to open more your area, i can open a tower in LFLL (Lyon Saint Exupery - France), closed to LSGG

Best regards

Well. the idea is to populate Austria - Switzerland, so you can open a place in France, but you are quite "outside".
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it? Probably not, because if they don’t recognise their freedoms, they’ll let their freedoms fall
IAHM-COL
Retired

Callsign: HK-424D or ICAO4243
Version: 3.7-git

Postby daweed » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:39 pm

Hello,

No pb, as i said, "if u are agree to open more the area" :)

i don't know as well Austria & Switzerland airport, controlling an area in an airspace i don't know seem to be difficult and could lead to give bad order to pilotes :)

Maybe next time

Best regards
Windows 10 / Linux Mint 20
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X |32 Go RAM GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 Go
FG Interface
Lyon Saint Exupery Scenery

ATC on LFLL on Friday 19:00 UTC => 22:00 UTC
daweed

Callsign: daweed

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:39 pm

I don't know where the Festival will be held next times (spring and fall), but probably a poll for two locations will be made shortly after this year's festivals conclude.

France can definitely be a possible ballot in the range of options. It was last time.

The locations of the festival were and will probably be chosen by polls in this forum.

Crossing fingers (I guess)

IH-COL

PS:
On the other hand, nothing and nobody will prevent you to open a close tower to the event during the event hours :D
Probably pilots will be happy to fly from the festival to your post as well :)

If I were you, I would just open the position you want, and that's that.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it? Probably not, because if they don’t recognise their freedoms, they’ll let their freedoms fall
IAHM-COL
Retired

Callsign: HK-424D or ICAO4243
Version: 3.7-git

Postby daweed » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:08 pm

Hello IH-COL

Well even if it's not in France, i am not against opening a tower out of France, just this time it's too short for me to acquire correctly layout and procedures (in my mind) of an new airport .

And surely, my tower will be open this we , and probably earlier than i use to and will follow the event with pleasure :)
Windows 10 / Linux Mint 20
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X |32 Go RAM GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 Go
FG Interface
Lyon Saint Exupery Scenery

ATC on LFLL on Friday 19:00 UTC => 22:00 UTC
daweed

Callsign: daweed

Postby J Maverick 16 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:47 pm

Depending on my free times, I'll controll "my home base" airport: LIPA - Aviano Air Base, Italy which isn't so far from Innsbruck Airport.
Please read http://wiki.flightgear.org/Aviano_Air_Base before visiting it during my ATC sessions.

I don't know if a first beta version will be available by that date, even if many updates have been made during this summer, regarding both 2D and 3D.
I hope to release at least the 2D with some models. ;) Anyway, more updates to come in future.
Cheers, Maverick
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (KC-137R, F-16, A330, C-32J, MH-60)
Flying with Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar
Aviation media on IG at: @j_maverick16.aviation
J Maverick 16

Callsign: J-Mav16
Version: 2020.3.19

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:39 pm

I do plan to control LSZS is all goes as planned. It is a FIS, that is you don't get clearance to land, but land at your doscretion. Basically I am there for traffic separation and weather.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby Jabberwocky » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:05 am

Well, chances are, I will just fly in with my big plane and get controlled down somewhere ...
Jabberwocky
Retired

Callsign: JWOCKY
Version: 3.0.0

Postby KIWI34 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:20 am

I will Provide ATC services as "LOVV_CTR" or Centre to control/provide Radar coverage between Airports. ( 0800 - 1300 UTC most likely ) The airport i will be based at ( LOVV Vienna ) is well in range of the few airports listed in the confirmed controlled areas, with one or two exemptions . I will have mumble set up, and like LEGO my job will just to provide coverage between airports and give information/weather etc.

Please note :

In mumble ( pilots that use it ) , please join the channel and state your intentions ( Alt, Destination, remarks etc ) , I'm very friendly so do not be nervous or just join the channel and not say a word, I like to talk and meet new people .

Via Text ( Pilots not using mumble ) , same thing, just type up your intentions so i know whats happening, it just makes it easier for me and a little more realistic.

EG. "LOVV_CTR good morning/evening, KIWI34 outbound LOWI passing through FL180 climbing for FL330 , destination LSZH , with ATIS info Delta "

" KIWI34 identified, continue climb to FL330, ATIS info Delta is current , cleared to LSZH @ FL330, let me know if you need anything. "

Its quite simple and no answer is wrong , its all fun while learning too.
Remember, ATC is there to help you with whatever you need, not to yell at you :wink:

Hope to heaps of new pilots there :)
KIWI34
Last edited by KIWI34 on Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Callsigns : KIWI34 , CHT0054 ( seasonal )
Aircraft : ANZ 777-200ER ( South Pacific ) ANZ A320-214 ( Europe )
Want to know where I'm flying ? i always file a flight plan for every flight on :
http://flightgear-atc.alwaysdata.net/index.php5
KIWI34

Callsign: KIWI34
Version: 2019 1.1

Postby aiannuzzi99 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:00 pm

What is this festival is it just a bunch of people flying in a certain area or is it a formation flight?
aiannuzzi99

Version: 3.4

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:02 pm

*sigh*
It is a festival.
Do you get it?
Like mardi gras in new orleans?
Like, an ATC festival in France and Switzerland?
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby simbambim » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:04 pm

Kiwi, are you sure "EU_CTR" is a realistic position? I know there's LSAS_CTR (Swiss Center), and in Austria LOVV_CTR (Vienna Center), but EU_CTR? :?

Last year the ATCs did some quite serious preparation in advance, including practice sessions. Is it happening this year?
Fly on VATSIM and die.
simbambim

Version: 3.2

Postby KIWI34 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:59 am

well @simbambim i wasn't aware of those centers as I'm from new zealand , but sure i will move/be based in LOVV as center. I just assumed that there would be a huge Europe-center but i was wrong. Yes i am aware of the preparation before the Event ( i dont just rock up and set up for the day ) and ill contact those other confirmed ATC's if there is a practice session. I haven't heard anything on it at the current time.
Callsigns : KIWI34 , CHT0054 ( seasonal )
Aircraft : ANZ 777-200ER ( South Pacific ) ANZ A320-214 ( Europe )
Want to know where I'm flying ? i always file a flight plan for every flight on :
http://flightgear-atc.alwaysdata.net/index.php5
KIWI34

Callsign: KIWI34
Version: 2019 1.1

Postby elgaton » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:45 am

@aiannuzzi99: it will be an event, lasting 48 h (from 00:00 UTC on November 7th to 24:00 UTC on November 8th), where some airports in a given area (see below) will be controlled.
@KIWI34: nice to hear you'll be providing center services in Austria!

Regarding the practice session, so far none has been announced - it was done only on the first Festival because there were three controllers manning the same airport (LEBL) and we needed to practice coordination/flight plan exchanges. It was omitted on the second one as me and IAHM-COL were the only controllers sharing a position (Rio) - we were quite experienced at that point - and the other manned airports were out of our range.
Since this is your/legoboyvdlp/daweed's first time as ATCs at the Festival, I think a practice session is more than warranted - could mid-October be acceptable? I'll relay this information to the other controllers.
-----
So far, the confirmed airports are:
  1. elgaton - LOWW (Wien Schwechat - ground + tower)
  2. KIWI34 - LOWW/Austria (Wien Center)
  3. legoboyvdlp - LSZS (Samedan)
  4. IH-COL - LSGG (Geneva)
plus two airports outside the Festival area:
  • daweed - LFLL (Lyon Saint Exupery)
  • J Maverick 16 - LIPA (Aviano Air Force Base - military aircraft only)

I'm creating - as I type - the Git repository for ground networks/OpenRadar files/route manager routes:
https://github.com/ElGaton/festival-fli ... ember-2015
Contributions are accepted and will be, as has been done so far (*), submitted for official inclusion in the relevant repositories, so that our work won't be lost.

I'm also searching for official, up-to-date, freely available charts - expect an update today.

(*) I confess I forgot to submit pull requests for the files created for the May 2015 edition - I'm doing it right now.
Last edited by elgaton on Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NIATCA 2nd admin, regular ATC at LIPX and creator of the LIPX custom scenery
elgaton

Callsign: I-ELGA/LIPX_TW
Version: Git

Postby elgaton » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:08 am

I've done a quick search for charts:
  • Austria: official, up-to-date charts are available from the Austro Control eAIP site (choose "Actual version" -> "Part III - AD" -> "AD 2")
  • Switzerland: official, up-to-date charts available from Eurocontrol (free registration required). If you don't want to register, vACC Switzerland has an old version.
For additional ATCs outside the Austria/Switzerland area:
  • France: official, up-to-date charts available from SIA (choose the version of the AIP currently in force -> Part 3/Aerodromes -> Section AD2).
  • Italy - Aviano: see SkyVector.

Here's a list of the files that need to be prepared:
  • LOWW - OpenRadar file, Route Manager file, ground network - I'm working on them
  • LSZS - OpenRadar file, ground network - legoboyvdlp is working on them
  • LSGG - OpenRadar file, Route Manager file, ground network - simbambim is working on the route file
  • LFLL (additional ATCs) - OpenRadar file, Route Manager file, ground network
  • LIPA (additional ATCs) - OpenRadar file, Route Manager file, ground network
Should anyone wish to contribute, please state so (so that I can update this list), then submit a pull request when ready.
Last edited by elgaton on Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NIATCA 2nd admin, regular ATC at LIPX and creator of the LIPX custom scenery
elgaton

Callsign: I-ELGA/LIPX_TW
Version: Git

Postby simbambim » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:01 am

What do you mean by Route manager file? Is it for pilots?
Fly on VATSIM and die.
simbambim

Version: 3.2

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer events