Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events

The Festival of FlightGear - 2 & 3 May + 7 & 8 Nov 2015

Virtual fly-ins, fun flies, competitions, and other group events. Find out details of upcoming events, register for competitions, or organize your own tour of a favorite location.

Re: The Festival of FlightGear - 2 & 3 May + 7 & 8 Nov 2015

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri May 01, 2015 1:17 am

@Simbambin

I believe this is tied to "simgear", which was used to construct your Flightgear.
If that is the case, this problem is already solved in the following FG versions....

I can't make 100% ascertain on that statement, but I do believe that's the case.
For now the suggestion I offer is avoid the SBSP area

IH-COL
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it? Probably not, because if they don’t recognise their freedoms, they’ll let their freedoms fall
IAHM-COL
Retired

Callsign: HK-424D or ICAO4243
Version: 3.7-git

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri May 01, 2015 1:42 am

LesterBoffo wrote in Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:30 pm:I have no defined idea, I was just suggesting this, and thought I'd show up with it as an incentive. Probably at one of the smaller airfields nearby, and try to fly it as far as possible. Contestants have to post screenshots of the takeoff and crash-site with a GPS from the menu of the miles traveled.

Well.. I love the idea.
I know I wont get too far, but add me to the "competitors roster" :P

Thanks Lester
IH-COL
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it? Probably not, because if they don’t recognise their freedoms, they’ll let their freedoms fall
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri May 01, 2015 3:32 am

Groundnet available for SAEZ

@ALL

A groundnet with parking position for Buenos Aires' Ministro Pistarini International Airport (SAEZ) is now available in the Festival Github repository (elgaton's master)
https://github.com/ElGaton/festival-flightgear-may-2015

You can download the groundnet here:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ElGaton/festival-flightgear-may-2015/master/groundnets/SAEZ.groundnet.xml

Looking forward to the event, consider installing this groundnet in order to avoid the need to launch on active runways.
Best,

IH-COL

Positions Available

A total of 36 parking positions are available in the groundnet provided.
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby Omega » Fri May 01, 2015 9:53 am

BRAZILIAN ATC INFORMATIONAL POST

AVAILABILITY TIMES

The following is a timetable of availability for Rio Approach:

SATURDAY
0100 - 0700*
1400 - 2000

SUNDAY
0400 - 0800*
1400 - 2359

All of the above are UTC times.
During the hours marked with an asterisk (*), service will be provided only if there is traffic. Service during these hours is guaranteed if a pilot files a flightplan through http://flightgear-atc.alwaysdata.net/.

AIRPORT COVERAGE

Full service (Including Ground/Tower) will be provided for the following airports:

• SBGL
  • SBRJ
  • SBJR
  • SBSC
  • SBAF
  • SBCB
  • SBES

In the following airports, ONLY radar service will be provided (no Ground/Tower):

• SDAG
  • SDNY
  • SDMC

PROCEDURES

Departures: If you have filed a flightplan, call for clearance. Otherwise, send your flightplan first then call for clearance. The clearance will contain a runway, initial heading, initial altitude and squawk code. Readback the entire clearance and call for push and start when ready. After pushback is complete, call for taxi. Due to FlightGear's outdated waypoint database, aircraft filing a route will expect radar vectors to first waypoint; aircraft without a route, expect radar vectors to destination airport.

Arrivals: Due to FlightGear's outdated waypoint database, after crossing their last waypoint, aircraft shall fly direct to their destination airport and expect radar vectors for sequencing by Rio Approach. ILS approaches will be given by default, any other approach will be provided upon request.

Charts: Use this website for charts. To find charts for an airport, enter its ICAO code under "Indicadores de Localidade".

If you are flying into the smaller airports, expect to be vectored around SBGL and over the shoreline.

I will be also live-streaming so you can see yourself from the radar display's perspective. More details on that soon.

Post any questions here and I will answer them.
The engine is the heart of an aeroplane, but the pilot is its soul.
Omega

Callsign: Star,EHAA_CT,MIA0176
IRC name: Omega
Version: GIT

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri May 01, 2015 4:30 pm

One Word: AWESOME!

More than one word:
Dear ALL

Omega really is one of the best ATCs in the Flightgear multiplayer community. With lots of experience in virtual flying control environments. He is VATSIM trained, and have unbelievable track record in terms of hours of service experience.

His joining our event is an amazing news. I encourage everyone to give him a warm welcome in the form of traffic :D

Myself, although I will be ATCing with elgaton in Buenos Aires (representing the Argentinian side of this event), I will definitely take advantage of the extended hours by Omega

@Omega

I am planning a departure from SBGL -> SAEZ this morning (prob. around 0130Z); maybe using a B727, with my General Aviation callsign HK-424D
I will attempt at preparing a flight plan and posting it following.

Best,
IH-COL
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby legoboyvdlp » Fri May 01, 2015 4:37 pm

Good luck! Enjoy ;)
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby LesterBoffo » Fri May 01, 2015 5:50 pm

simbambim wrote in Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:13 pm:Just tried to land in SBSP. It seems to have serious scenery problems. Notice the framerate.

That's odd as my terrain for Sao Paulo isn't effected like this. :?
LesterBoffo

Callsign: LesBof
Version: 2018.3.2

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri May 01, 2015 5:53 pm

Flightplan :: @Omega

• Pilot Name: IH-COL
  • Aircraft: B722
  • Callsign : HK-424D
  • Departure: SBGL, Terminal 1
  • Arrival: SAEZ, Terminal
  • FL: 320
  • Cruise: 0.79 Ma
  • E.T.D: 0115Z
  • E.T.A: 0445Z
  • Route: ADA UM400 BITAK UN857 VUDAV Z4 AKNUB UN857 JUICE Z4 NELOX UM534 ISOBU UM788 BGE UN741 PAPIX
  • Fligth plan filed on http://flightgear-atc.alwaysdata.net/index.php5

This is IH-COL arriving to his post of service ;)

Thanks,
See you soon
IH-COL
Last edited by IAHM-COL on Fri May 01, 2015 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri May 01, 2015 5:54 pm

LesterBoffo wrote in Fri May 01, 2015 5:50 pm:
simbambim wrote in Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:13 pm:Just tried to land in SBSP. It seems to have serious scenery problems. Notice the framerate.

That's odd as my terrain for Sao Paulo isn't effected like this. :?

Mine is neither.
I believe this psadro corrected, by changing some core-code in simgear. Which means, currently really depend on what version of FG you've got installed.
Again, this is my heart beat, because I have no more information except that it works good for me here.

IH-COL
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby simbambim » Fri May 01, 2015 7:13 pm

The SAEZ groundnet doesn't work for me. It places me in the middle of nowhere.
Some of the SBGL positions place me in funny positions like on the roof of the terminal :mrgreen: but it's ok, 'cos some of them actually do work.
Fly on VATSIM and die.
simbambim

Version: 3.2

Postby elgaton » Fri May 01, 2015 8:07 pm

@IAHM-COL: I've just pushed the SAEZ OpenRadar file (including taxiways and parking positions) to the repository - could you please take a look and check if I left something out?
@simbambim: that happens because FlightGear seems not to discriminate between gates having the same name, but different numbers. I'm fixing the ground network right now.

EDIT: fixes pushed. For SAEZ, I had to redefine the start positions because fixing the gate name/number issue apparently was not enough; I used the "ramp starts" specified in apt.dat.
NIATCA 2nd admin, regular ATC at LIPX and creator of the LIPX custom scenery
elgaton

Callsign: I-ELGA/LIPX_TW
Version: Git

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri May 01, 2015 9:35 pm

@Elgaton
Thanks for correcting the groundnet

The major issue was I used South 58 West 34 , when really was West 58 South 34.
My mistake

BLUSHING
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby elgaton » Fri May 01, 2015 9:41 pm

Don't worry - it happens :wink:
NIATCA 2nd admin, regular ATC at LIPX and creator of the LIPX custom scenery
elgaton

Callsign: I-ELGA/LIPX_TW
Version: Git

Postby Jabberwocky » Fri May 01, 2015 9:59 pm

Can you, for a not so scenery savvy person, explain what I have to load and from where vefore I fly into Buenos Aires tomorrow?
Jabberwocky
Retired

Callsign: JWOCKY
Version: 3.0.0

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri May 01, 2015 10:12 pm

I think if you have terrasync working, you should be good to go.
Otherwise, just installing the scenery tile should suffice.

If you plan to "launch" on SAEZ instead of flying into, then I recommend you add the groundnet file:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ElGaton/festival-flightgear-may-2015/master/groundnets/SAEZ.groundnet.xml

A groundnet is installed it by copying it in the proper scenery directory
example

Code: Select all
Ground networks:

Put groundnets/SAEZ.groundnet.xml in $FG_SCENERY/Airports/S/A/E/SAEZ.groundnet.xml.
    Put groundnets/SBGL.groundnet.xml in $FG_SCENERY/Airports/S/B/G/SBGL.groundnet.xml.

IAHM-COL
Retired

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer events