Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events

USA TOUR event | SAT MAY 10TH 17:00 - 22:30 UTC

Virtual fly-ins, fun flies, competitions, and other group events. Find out details of upcoming events, register for competitions, or organize your own tour of a favorite location.

USA TOUR event | SAT MAY 10TH 17:00 - 22:30 UTC

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:11 pm

USA TOUR event | 20th Leg: Las Vegas - Nevada | Airbus A3xx Series | SAT MAY 10TH 17:00 - 22:30 UTC

TWENTIETH TRIP
Departing Ted Stevens International Airport, (PANC): Anchorage - Alaska
Arriving McCarran International Airport, (KLAS): Las Vegas - Nevada

Leg Distance: approx 2000 nm
Competing Aircraft: All Airbus A3xx Series Aircrafts
Expected Cruising Speed: 0.78 Ma | 258 KIAS | 445 KTAS
Expected Cruising Altitude: FL360
Expected Duration (en route): 4h30min

Flightgear's USA Tour 20th: What Happens in FG, Stays in FG

Forum topic of the Vegas Sign

Our recent arrival to the largest city of Alaska took us to the northernmost destination of the Tour: Anchorage. After our escapade to far pacific territory of Guam and Alaska, the Tour now returns to the continental USA, and lands in Sin-City LAS VEGAS. Time to play! :)
I mean, really guys, time to play! I hope I will see you using your fanciest Airbus, ready to depart PANC, for really awesome 5 hours of group flying with direction to the vibrant city of Nevada.

CA1012 (Century Airlines) receiving the Tour in Anchorage, ready to depart with a concorde

Route
SKYVECTOR:
Code: Select all
ANC6.JOH BODLE SNRIS V319 JOH J133 HUMPY WOXOX LAIRE BKA J195 FLIPS UDENE ANN J502 DUGGS PRYCE YZT J523 INHAM TOU ARRIE SEA J5 SUMMA POWEL LKV BAARB HARTT FMG J92 RYANN BABIT OAL LIDAT BTY BTY.SUNST3 MYCAL FUZZY TRAGR IPUMY BLD PRINO

The GCMAP

PROCEDURES

The following are important proccedure information.

SID

PANC chart here.

* RWY 33:TURNAGAN5 chart here
* ALL OTHER RWYS:ANCHORAGE6 chart here

ARRIVAL

KLAS chart here

* BTY.SUNST3 chart here

Aircrafts

A few month ago, the USA tour featured planes manufactured by the American Giant Boeing, and its very succesful 7x7 airliner series, in the trip via Boise:

USA Tour KBHM -> KBOI

Now it is the opportunity for the European Airlines manufacturing House (Airbus) eventl; We will feature the Airbus 3xx very succesful series.
Therefore, to participate, simply choose any of these airliners, and come to PANC for some group flying fun!

Communications

Sincere thanks to Michat for offering the intercom room for this event. This will be located in the FG mumble server:

Code: Select all
server: mumble.allfex.org
Room: USA Tour

To install and prepare the mumble (any OS), see here:
http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Main_Page
Last edited by IAHM-COL on Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it? Probably not, because if they don’t recognise their freedoms, they’ll let their freedoms fall
IAHM-COL
Retired

Callsign: HK-424D or ICAO4243
Version: 3.7-git

Re: USA TOUR event | SAT MAY 10TH 17:00 - 22:30 UTC

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:40 am

Some of you may think....

Mmmm.... USA Tour seems nice, but the length of each route is way to much :(

Well, let me tell you, those lengths were the result of randomization of all destinations, and last 2 events were among the longest of the whole Tour.
See a chart of length distributions to better follow this point. On this chart, I colored any trip already completed that is 2000 nm or longer.
Notice that PANC->KLAS is one out of only 2 flights that are longer than 2000 nm but shorter than 2500nm

I hope this helps to lift the mood of some potential pilots to join us ...

If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it? Probably not, because if they don’t recognise their freedoms, they’ll let their freedoms fall
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri May 02, 2014 4:08 pm

Registered Planes

Hey All

The Next USA TOUR is getting here. One week to go.

I will use this space to update for participant planes that are confirmed to the event, so all of you can install on time and avoid yellow gliders

Two participants (including myself) will be flying this really awesome airliner, very nicely modelled for FG
A MUST TRY OUT :D ... I love it so far!

A nice tutorial of how to handle this craft including manual start up procedures, fligth Management Computer and other hints here:
http://wiki.flightgear.org/Airbus_A330-200_Series

See you all soon
Remember to let me know on time if you plan to come with an Airbus 3xx to the event, so I can update this list
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon May 05, 2014 3:05 am

Parking Positions

Hey All! :)
USA TOUR leg 20th (What happens in FG) will begin in a week.

This time both airports are modelled in terrasync :) and the route seems very interesting to me, let aside the planes for choice.
I hope to count with some company :)

As important notification; Terrasync distributes a groudnet for PANC, and we will be using this one. It is unfortunately not very accurate, but we can do with it.
Use any terminal D apron (D1 - D8) to begin in the terminal area, close to the control tower location. From there it is really easy to taxi to a gate, just a few feet ahead.
I expect participant pilots to come by at least 10 minutes before 1700Z, so we can proceed with our flight on time. Remember that it is a long haul of about 5 hours.

For those that dont use terrasync, you can still get the groundnet here

See you soon, my friends,
IHCOL
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby BIZX » Mon May 05, 2014 7:10 pm

Since I'm quite familiar with the area...do you guys have any need for an ATC at PANC? I can't fly the A330s, but I can definitely get them where they need to go. :)

And, just to drop this here...I wouldn't use the D parking if I were you. Those positions are a little, shall we say, strange. If it were me, I'd go with the B parking.
It's been way too long, but I'm back...and plan to stay that way. I hope.
BIZX

Callsign: BIZX
Version: Git

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon May 05, 2014 8:21 pm

BIZX wrote in Mon May 05, 2014 7:10 pm:Since I'm quite familiar with the area...do you guys have any need for an ATC at PANC? I can't fly the A330s, but I can definitely get them where they need to go. :)

And, just to drop this here...I wouldn't use the D parking if I were you. Those positions are a little, shall we say, strange. If it were me, I'd go with the B parking.

If you want to participate as ATC at PANC, that will be really awesome. That'll help us keep safe from the high terrain east.
As ATC make sure to be prepared plenty of time before the event started (ie, like launching an hour before or so, and have clear idea of the airspace, as you said)

[Although it would be much better if you fly along :D. You do not have to bring the A330. Any airbus A3xx will belong to participant players. A300, A310, A319, A320's and all its family, A380?
Furthermore, if you definitely cant or wont fly any of these, feel free to accompany. That is fly along any plane of your choice that can keep up with flying conditions proposed. ]

I will test the parking B, and probably change the start pos then

Have you considered also receiving us in KLAS?

See you soon,
IAHMCOL

PS: Keep always in mind that everyone is invited to USA Tour regardless of skill level. So be patient if a pilot shows up with no major understanding of phraseology, proccedures, or anything else for that matter. USA Tour aims to be inclusive rather, I hope you understand.
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat May 10, 2014 2:05 pm

03 Hours to departure, the weather in PANC could not be any better, and I'm hoping will stay:

PANC 101253Z 36006KT 10SM CLR 08/M03 A3015 RMK AO2 SLP210 T00831033
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat May 10, 2014 4:55 pm

10 minutes to departure.
METAR still indicates good weather in Alaska.
we will use RWY 33 to depart

PANC 101553Z 02004KT 10SM CLR 10/M04 A3017 RMK AO2 SLP218 T01001039
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat May 10, 2014 11:32 pm

And the USA tour arrives to Las Vegas

It was really a fun-packed event today, with lots of skilled pilots joining in...

My computer was possessed thou
(or was it how heavy the A330 is, I dont know)

Well a myriad of crashings, but I could record the flight in 3 segmets

http://mpserver12.flightgear.org/tracke ... ht/238538/
http://mpserver12.flightgear.org/tracke ... ht/238610/
http://mpserver12.flightgear.org/tracke ... ht/238624/

I will be narrating the events when I have a minute, but also, I would be happy to see your screenshots of today event and any comment below.

I will be posting the Next USA tour event soon too,

SEE YOU SOON,
IHCOL
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby Rick Ace » Sun May 11, 2014 12:11 am

Do you think that KSFO was the most active part of the USA? Think again. :twisted:

http://www.imagebam.com/image/0ab72d325898023
Rick Ace

Callsign: rickace
Version: 2.6.0

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun May 11, 2014 1:46 am

Today USA Tour had a really nice show-up list.
Thanks to all that came. Many of which new pilots on the USA Tour Rosters.

So, also, what was goin' on there may be some sort of a "?". Well, USA Tour is an event that tries to be a very inclusive multiplayer game in FG that experiences the simulator to the fullest.
It has a structure in terms of destinations, planes of usage and others. And basically it has been figure out from day one, more than 2 year ago.

Rick Ace asked me if I know where I will take the Tour next, so I will quote my answer below, since It may be of general interest (or at least to the interest of anyone looking forward to join us in the skies)

IAHM-COL wrote:Hi Rick

The USA tour is all organized from day 0 (2 years ago)

Let me try to explain it to you here, briefly.

I listed all states and territories of the USA. Then I searched for the main city, defining main as the largest city by population in the 2010 census. That is a USA Tour hub.
On the main city, I located the major airport. Few cities have more than one airport, so in general it is THE AIRPORT of the main city. But when in doubt, the major airport is such with the major number of enplanements per year.

So all airports are SET. Basically one airport for every State or Territory.

Second was the order. Which airport visit next?
I decided for a Random approach. I used a randomization software against the destination list. I did the randomization only once. And that give me a random list. It happened to begin in Philadelphia, KPHL.

From there on, the next destination has always been set. That is, as an example, after arriving to Anchorage, I knew on day 1, that I will be flying to Las Vegas. And that never changed.

Twist number 0
One state is visited twice. California.
We already arrived to KLAX in an event I named "The hollywood magnates". We completed KBOI-KLAX in private small jets, (think Citations).
But after all states had been arrived, our last leg goes to KSFO, to finish the Tour in FG home base. :P

Twist Number 1

Nobody knows the list, but me
Only I know which city comes next. The next city is only revealed to the FG community after the last destination is arrived, ie, you could not have known where we were heading from Anchorage, until we did arrive to anchorage and I release the forum post. Yes, I knew. But no=one else.

Twist Number 2
The topic:
Since destinations are random, one thing is forget about guessing where we going next, its basically not possible to get it rite.
But also, forget about knowing how long the trip is. You can know that the longest trip is 6500nm and the shortest is 21 nm. It could be anything in between.
But would you fly 6500 in a seneca? NO!! or 21 nm in a concorde!? NO!!
So that is the origin of the topic.

The topic I choose, it s strictly related to the conditions of the flight. A long haul, such as my recently finished KABQ-PGUM was done with long range airliners, but other events have occurred with GA planes, or bimotors, etc, etc,
Its all related on how far its the trip.
I try to keep the event in 3-4 hours. but When the range is too much, that goes as impossible. Going to PGUM took an insane 15 hours *and its not the longest route*

Everytime I release next destination I release
1) Topic
2) Route
3 ) And other details. SIDs STARs PARKPOSES, etc.

Why bother?
Cause is DAMN fun, Rick. Only single one reason.
I ve flow alone many years, and never have the blast of fun I have of flying with ppl. All levels. All inclusion. You missed the mumble comunication today, but it really sounded so on the spot. every aviation related stuff was nicely done with good phraseology. But I relay all important information on text for you, and it all fall back pretty neat.

So you asked
Rick Ace wrote in Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:01 pm:And have you decided where the next tour will be?

And the answer is,: Yes, Rick from day 1
The thing I figure out as I go is the topic :P

Some pilots come with planes Not in topic. That is ok. The way I see it is, like when you get invited to a costume party.
If you go without costume you still can have, and all other also will.
But its like company, not participation.

Best,
IHCOL
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby themadgreek » Sun May 11, 2014 12:03 pm

Pictures from yesterday:

Holding near PANC while waiting for IAHM-COL

The group early into the flight. Michat joined from Vancouver

Slowly making our way down the coast - Turbo and NWA joined

Look closely and you can see rickace in the back... Separation was an issue at some points :P All good in the end, though

Nearing KLAS

Interesting and sometimes steep descent into KLAS via sunset three

The group at various stages of final and approach

On final with interesting crosswinds

A group picture with some people missing and apologies to Michat for the glider because I don't have a 727 model. Turbo in the 777 and NWA in the 747, rickace in the back with an A330.

Thanks for a nice flight everyone, hope to see you guys in the skies again soon!
Phil -- MD-GRK
themadgreek

Callsign: MD-GRK

Postby Rick Ace » Sun May 11, 2014 2:29 pm

These are great pictures MD-GRK. :) The MP Map was the only screenshot I had. It was an awesome flight. :D

And also MD-GRK, thanks for holding at PANC. I had FMC issues, and had to rely on the GPS (which didn't really help at first). :)

I'll see you in the free flightgear skies again soon!
Rick Ace

Callsign: rickace
Version: 2.6.0

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun May 11, 2014 2:35 pm

Really! Nice Pics GRK.
Mine are really not many cause my computer was having issues handling not only my model of A332 but anyother I could have come Across.
I will place them below soon thou, for everyone's to see.

Preparing Trying to prepare at PANC
Fully intercepted KLAS RWY25L. We just came flying above those mountains on the horizon :)
Last edited by IAHM-COL on Sun May 11, 2014 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun May 11, 2014 2:36 pm

USA TOUR, A comprehensive Summary of previous events

For those willing to know a bit about the events already finished in USA tour (like those new to
these events), you may see the following summary

USA Tour began on August 12 2012.

On early August 2012 I offered the USA Tour to the community. I did not receive much reply
on the forums.

Route 1
  • City_1: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
  • City_2: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
  • Route: KPHL-KOKC
  • Topic: None
  • Plane Featured: Citation X
  • Date: 08/26/2012
  • Pilots: IH-COL
  • Company: None
  • Forum:http://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17225

Route 2
  • City_3: Houston, Texas
  • Route: KOKC - KIAH - KHOU
  • Plane Featured: Piper Seneca II
  • Date: 09/02/2012
  • Company: Star (ATC-ML at KIAH)
  • Forum: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17364

After 2 routes with no participant pilots I was thinking to give up.
I decided to give a last flight (a farewell) and posted the 3rd invitation.
About 15 minutes to depart, LesBof showed up with a Zero :D
He was the first participant of the USA Tour ever! Thanks!

Route 3
  • City_3: Columbia, South Carolina
  • Route: KHOU - KCAE
  • Plane Featured: Mitsubishi Zero (A6M2)
  • Date: 09/16/2012
  • Pilots: LesBof, and IH-COL
  • Company: None
  • Forum: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17511

Route 4
  • City_4: Fargo, North Dakota
  • Route: KCAE - KFAR
  • Topic: Canadian Regional Jet CRJ Family (CRJ700 and CRJ900, all variants)
  • Plane Featured: CRJ700
  • Date: 09/30/2012
  • Pilots: IH-COL (CRJ700)
  • Company: Star. (ATC-ML in KFAR)
  • Forum: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17641

Route 5
  • City_5: Salt Lake City, Utah
  • Route: KFAR - KSLC
  • Plane Featured: Fokker 50
  • Date: 10/21/2012
  • Company: Star. (B1900D), Lesbof (Nene Vickers), Eylon (Boeing 777)
  • Forum: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17810

Route 6
  • City_6: Cheyenne, Wyoming
  • Route: KSLC - KCYS
  • Plane Featured: Cessna Skymaster C337
  • Date: 11/11/2012
  • Pilots: IH-COL, M-J4MC
  • Company: Star. (DHC-2), Lesbof (Percival Petrel)
  • Forum: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18203

Route 7
  • City_7: Indianapolis, Indiana
  • Route: KCYS - KIND
  • Topic: Twin engine airliners, rear fuselage mounted
  • Plane Featured: Several
  • Date: 11/18/2012
  • Pilots: IH-COL (Boeing 717-200), Lesbof (Fokker 70), Star (CRJ700), LV-EPM (Fokker 70), A-BODY (Fokker 100)
  • Company:
  • Forum: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18307

Route 8
  • City_8: Jackson, Florida
  • Route: KIND - KJAX
  • Topic: Twin engine airliners, Wings mounted
  • Date: 12/02/2012
  • Pilots: IH-COL (A320neo), Star (A320neo), LV-EPM (ERJ190)
  • Company: Side (DC-8)
  • Forum: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18356

Route 9
  • City_9: Minneapolis, Minessota
  • Route: KJAX - KMSP
  • Topic: Historic Jet Airliners (no longer in service)
  • Date: 01/06/2013
  • Pilots: IH-COL (DC9), LV-EPM (DH106), A-BODY (Concorde), Sbyx (DC9), CC-DLV (DC9), Side (DC8)
  • Company:
  • Forum: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18558

Route 10
  • City_10: Wichita, Kansas
  • Route: KMSP - KICT
  • Topic: Civilian Multipropeller Airliners (200KIAS or more)
  • Date: 01/27/2013
  • Pilots: IH-COL (EMB120), Side (DC6B), LV-EPM (B1900D), Sbyx (B1900D), PH-ETE (Lockheed1049h)
  • Company:
  • Forum: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18802

Route 11
  • City_11: Sioux Falls, South Dakota
  • Route: KICT - KFSD
  • Topic: WWII Warbirds
  • Date: 02/17/2013
  • Pilots: IH-COL (F6F Hellcat), Side (A6M2_bombable), LV-EPM (p39 Sea Hurricane), PH-ETE(Spitfire V, then IAR80), PALO (i16)
  • Company:
  • Forum: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19009

Route 12
  • City_12: Jackson, Mississippi
  • Route: KFSD - KJAN
  • Topic: Plan R: Cold War Bombers
  • Date: 03/10/2013
  • Pilots: IH-COL (B-52F), Side (Handely Page Victor), LV-EPM (F100D-Supersabre), LesBof (B36d), PH-ETE (Vulcan B2), Sbyx (B-52F)
  • Company:
  • Forum: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19249

Route 13
  • City_13: Seattle, Washington
  • Route: KJAN - KSEA
  • Topic: Supersonic Civilian Transport
  • Plane Featured: Concorde
  • Date: 04/14/2013
  • Company: Star (F-16)
  • Forum: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19619

Route 14
  • City_14: Birmingham, Alabama
  • Route: KSEA - KBHM
  • Topic: Russian Airliners
  • Date: 05/19/2013
  • Pilots: IH-COL (Tu-154B), Side (IL-96-400)
  • Company: BIXZ (F5E), Star (777-200ER)
  • Forum: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19883

Route 15
  • City_15: Boise, Idaho
  • Route: KBHM - KBOI
  • Topic: Boeing 7xx Series
  • Date: 06/09/2013
  • Pilots: IH-COL (727_230 tribute), Side (Mark Kraus' 707), PH-ETE (747-200)
  • Company: LesBof (Tu-104), Star (F-16), BIXZ (m2000-5), D-HF47 (Typhoon), D-Laser(F-16; UFO)
  • Forum: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20051

Route 16
  • City_16: Los Angeles, California
  • Route: KBOI - KLAX
  • Topic: The Hollywood Magnates: Small private Jets
  • Date: 06/30/2013
  • Pilots: IH-COL (Falcon 50), D-Laser (Citation X), LesBof (Citation X) OOZVY (Falcon 50), Sbyx (Citation X), Side (Bravo)
  • Company: Michat (OpenRadar at KLAX)
  • Forum: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20215

Route 17
  • City_17: Alburquerque, New Mexico
  • Route: KLAX - Area51 (KXTA) - KROW - KABQ
  • Topic: Is it Superman?!: Prototypes, Unmmanned, UFOS, and Fictional Aircrafts
  • Date: 07/21/2013
  • Pilots: IH-COL (Horten IX - UFO - Carreidas), LesBof (Horten IX - Daedalus - Orca Jet), D-Laser (Horten IX - UFO - Carreidas), Side (Horten IX - UFO - Carreidas)
  • Company:
  • Forum: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20406

Route 18
  • City_18: Hagatna, Guam
  • Route: KABQ - PGUM
  • Topic: Civilian Long Range Airliners
  • Date: 04/05/2014
  • Pilots: IH-COL (A318), LV-EPM (777-200ER), CA-ASC (777-300ER)
  • Company: Side (OpenRadar - KABQ), D-Laser (777-300ER in Anchorage), Star (777-200LR in Alaska)
  • Forum: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22434

Route 19
  • City_19: Anchorage, Alaska
  • Route: PGUA - PAED
  • Topic: Porge and Besss, The Fighters of the Pacific
  • Plane Featured: Supersonic Fighters and Nimitz Carrier
  • Date: 04/26/2014
  • Pilots: IH-COL (FGUK's F18D Hornet), LV-EPM (FGUK's F18D Hornet)
  • Company: Rick Ace (777-200), Michat (727_230), ACJZA (F-14b, arrival only), CA1012 (Concorde)
  • Forum: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22626

Route 20
  • City_20: Las Vegas, Nevada
  • Route: PANC - KLAS
  • Topic: What Happens in FG Stays in FG
  • Plane Featured: Airbus A3xx Series
  • Date: 05/10/2014
  • Pilots: IH-COL (A330-243 - A320neo), MD-GRK (A330-243), Rick Ace (A330-243)
  • Company: Michat (727-230), Turbo (777-300ER), NWA111 (747-400), CA-ASC(777-300ER), Lydiot (OpenRadar - KLAS), BIXZ (OpenRadar - KLAS)
  • Forum: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22868
Last edited by IAHM-COL on Sun May 11, 2014 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IAHM-COL
Retired

Next

Return to Multiplayer events