Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events

The Festival of Flightgear-1&2 Nov, 2014

Virtual fly-ins, fun flies, competitions, and other group events. Find out details of upcoming events, register for competitions, or organize your own tour of a favorite location.

Re: The Ultimate MP Fly-in

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue May 13, 2014 2:47 pm

Seeing the ATC scheduling in Lenny's Website

Hi All.
You probably are aware we are motivating the community to use Lenny's website for ATC scheduling and Pilot flight Planning coordination.

Everyone can now schedule using the website
http://flightgear-atc.alwaysdata.net/V4/index.php5

But as you may notice, there is no way to have information as far as November :|

In private communication with Lenny, he instructed me he has coded a daysToShow internal variable that allows expanding how many days of the calendar are visible. Modifying this variable as 180 allow now to see the events in November.

See:
http://flightgear-atc.alwaysdata.net/V4 ... ToShow=180

And now you can see the events occurring on Nov 1 and 2 :D
Also you can file plans or schedule more event to occur

IHCOL
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it? Probably not, because if they don’t recognise their freedoms, they’ll let their freedoms fall
IAHM-COL
Retired

Callsign: HK-424D or ICAO4243
Version: 3.7-git

Postby Lydiot » Tue May 13, 2014 3:27 pm

Where should the ATCs decide on who does what? That needs to be clarified as well I think.

Also; what time zone is the schedule referring to? +/- 0 hrs?
Lydiot

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue May 13, 2014 3:34 pm

Im writing a Wike update for that.
Schedule is UTC
Last edited by IAHM-COL on Tue May 13, 2014 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it? Probably not, because if they don’t recognise their freedoms, they’ll let their freedoms fall
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby Lydiot » Tue May 13, 2014 3:42 pm

IAHM-COL wrote in Tue May 13, 2014 3:34 pm:Im writing a Wike update for that.
Schedule is ATC

I googled "ATC", do you mean "AST"? So UTC minus 4 hours?
Lydiot

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue May 13, 2014 3:53 pm

Hi All
I wrote a wiki update to standardize our management of multiple ATC in one aerodrome.

@elgaton
Hi elgaton :D I dont have a wiki account. Would you mind update the Wiki with this documentation for us?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4krvi ... sp=sharing

@everyone
Feel free to comment, suggest or edit, as expected.

Thanks
IHCOL

Disclaimer: I am neither a pilot, nor a person with academic training in aviation. Use this manual with reserve, and ONLY for simulation purposes.
Last edited by IAHM-COL on Tue May 13, 2014 4:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue May 13, 2014 3:55 pm

Lydiot wrote in Tue May 13, 2014 3:42 pm:So UTC minus 4 hours?

No. It is a typo.
Schedule on Lenny's page follows UTC or zulu time

So UTC plus 0 hours

IHCOL
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby Jabberwocky » Tue May 13, 2014 4:04 pm

Perosnally, I have no problem if an ATC asks me wherther I'm inbound because I'm at for example FL280 only instead of FL340 or 350. As long as the chat isn't flooded, the "Are you inbound" and the "no, just cruising to XXXX, have a nice night" or something is not that much of a bother. That is, if we can rely on the common sense and don't have twenty people chatting at once.
Jabberwocky
Retired

Callsign: JWOCKY
Version: 3.0.0

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue May 13, 2014 4:06 pm

I dont have a problem with that either :)
I like it. I fly multiplaying to interact with others, so when these interactions occur I am more than happy
On the other hand sometimes the question is rather out of place, unless tower wants me to missile down to earth :D
Last edited by IAHM-COL on Tue May 13, 2014 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby Lydiot » Tue May 13, 2014 4:10 pm

Jabberwocky wrote in Tue May 13, 2014 4:04 pm:Perosnally, I have no problem if an ATC asks me wherther I'm inbound because I'm at for example FL280 only instead of FL340 or 350. As long as the chat isn't flooded, the "Are you inbound" and the "no, just cruising to XXXX, have a nice night" or something is not that much of a bother.

Agree.

Jabberwocky wrote in Tue May 13, 2014 4:04 pm:That is, if we can rely on the common sense and don't have twenty people chatting at once.

Unfortunately if the event is successful with a lot of people we're bound to see a lot of irrelevant chatting. Just look at KSFO. Just last night there was one kid that just couldn't shut up for more than roughly 2 minutes. And I'm not joking by the way. It was like the little kid that just loooooooooooooooooooooooooves attention. Yap yap yap yap yap.

And I think that's one of the key difference in approach to MP in FG; some want realism others just want the chat/MP experience as a "social platform", for lack of better terminology.

So I think we might see a lot of chatting going on with the potential of messages getting lost. Fortunately I think many of those who will want to fly into controlled space will have mumble enabled for this so contacting them via mumble should be an option.
Lydiot

Postby Jabberwocky » Tue May 13, 2014 4:17 pm

Now I hope, I get at least a little bit of hardware upgrade done till Fall or no mumble and no FGCom for me.
Just an idea, maybe a stupid one, but we could mark some uncontrolled air space as "chat area" for the social-interaction oriented pilots? Kind fo flying playground?
Jabberwocky
Retired

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue May 13, 2014 4:22 pm

Jabberwocky wrote in Tue May 13, 2014 4:17 pm:Now I hope, I get at least a little bit of hardware upgrade done till Fall or no mumble and no FGCom for me.
Just an idea, maybe a stupid one, but we could mark some uncontrolled air space as "chat area" for the social-interaction oriented pilots? Kind fo flying playground?

Actually good point Jabber
How about having a "Ultimate_Lobby" in mumble too?
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby Lydiot » Tue May 13, 2014 4:25 pm

Jabberwocky wrote in Tue May 13, 2014 4:17 pm:Now I hope, I get at least a little bit of hardware upgrade done till Fall or no mumble and no FGCom for me.

That would have to be range dependent though, right?
Lydiot

Postby Jabberwocky » Tue May 13, 2014 4:28 pm

I never tried mumble because I'm a poor writer and my headset doesn't work (I don't know why actually). But a "Ultimate Lobby" sounds very good.
On an unrelated my issue, my wife (she is not flying till we get the co-pilot thing running) actually ponders about adequate inflight snacks. Something Spanish she says ;-). So, it seems, we come overly prepared, as usual.
Jabberwocky
Retired

Postby Lydiot » Tue May 13, 2014 5:16 pm

How long does it take to get a confirmation email for the wiki account?
Lydiot

Postby elgaton » Tue May 13, 2014 7:37 pm

IAHM-COL wrote in Tue May 13, 2014 3:53 pm:@elgaton
Hi elgaton :D I dont have a wiki account. Would you mind update the Wiki with this documentation for us?

I'm doing it now (merging the text with the existing article - will take a bit).

EDIT: actually, I think it will take a day or two (I'm reformatting the text and am, unfortunately, quite busy with real life duties - please be patient).
NIATCA 2nd admin, regular ATC at LIPX and creator of the LIPX custom scenery
elgaton

Callsign: I-ELGA/LIPX_TW
Version: Git

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer events