Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events

EDDF-Triangle

Virtual fly-ins, fun flies, competitions, and other group events. Find out details of upcoming events, register for competitions, or organize your own tour of a favorite location.

Re: EDDF-Triangle

Postby Maerchenprinz » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:31 pm

I'm old enough to remember watching the news on TV which stated "Excessive protests against the STARTBAHN West", not the LANDEBAHN! :D
Ciao,
Adrian
Maerchenprinz

Callsign: Adrian

Postby jomo » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:41 pm

new GIT-scenery: https://github.com/FGMEMBERS-TERRAGIT/terraGIT
I just noticed that the Git-scenery (as used by me during the EDDF-events) was moved to the above Internet position.

So if you want to have a nice scenery as shown in the http://www.emmerich-j.de/EDDF/Films/films.html
then you can download it from there - a description on "HowTo" is there too!
jomo / ATCjomo + EDDFjo1 + EDDFjo2
ATC at EDDF Fr,Sa,Su,We from 20:00 to 24:00 CET/MEZ., see http://www.emmerich-j.de
jomo

Callsign: jomo jomoATC

Postby jomo » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:56 pm

excuse to EDDF event:
Some may have noticed that last Wednesday there was no session -- and we have and still may encounter some (minor) problems . e.g. my upload of films is still not working - but surely will be soon - at least the films mad are still save - and will be uploaded ASAP!

SORRY: My PC completely crashed - destroying all Disks (including BackUps).

All the major programs do work again - but we still may encounter a few problems in the next few sessions!
(Yes - I know: Backups should NOT be stored in the same area - pls forgive me!)
ATC at EDDF Fr,Sa,Su,We from 20:00 to 24:00 CET/MEZ., see http://www.emmerich-j.de
jomo

Postby AAL545 » Sat May 04, 2019 5:02 pm

(Yes - I know: Backups should NOT be stored in the same area - pls forgive me!)

TIMESHIFT, TIMESHIFT Jomo,
especially with all the files you've downloaded and the custom set up you have,
all you need is an external HD and before you make a major change, update or upgrade you save to your external HD using TIMESHIFT,
so if you don't like the new update or upgrade, you can restore using TIMESHIFT,
more importantly if your PC crashes all you have to do is reinstall the OS, (on the same or new HD) fire up the external HD and click restore using TIMESHIFT. note; no need to update or upgrade the system!!!!!!
Keep in mind Linux people this is different then the Linux backup Déjà Dup which doesn't take a snapshot of whatever you select.
With this Linux program you should be up and running again in 30 to 45 minutes unless you have to run to the local store for a new HD.
Think about it, (this is for all Linux people) all your installed Apps/programs and your saved browser links/ bookmarks are back, WOW. Note; you can select between home user files and root or just root,
so Jomo if you have all the airports and scenery and aircraft downloaded in your user/ downloads or whatever file then you would select home and root in TIMESHIFT.
Anyway that's my 2 cents worth of advice, all I know is I have lost a lot of time without it.

AAL4955
AAL545

Postby AAL545 » Sun May 05, 2019 3:42 am

Hi Jomo,

There is no audio in the films.

AAL4955
AAL545

Postby FED-EX » Mon May 06, 2019 11:18 am

What happened yesterday. I had to land on the EDFH, which has messed up the whole logistics.
FED-EX

Callsign: FDX-98
Version: 2018.3.2

Postby jomo » Tue May 07, 2019 5:22 am

FED-EX wrote in Mon May 06, 2019 11:18 am:What happened yesterday. I had to land on the EDFH, which has messed up the whole logistics.

Sorry
I try since 2 days to post about that mess -- but postings and messages are returned with the following:
-------------------------
Message-ID: <265f4e71e982aae80bab80230fcaa33373a4e4a1.camel@online.de>
Subject: Failed posting new msg into Forum "EDDF-Triangle"
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F6rg?= Emmerich <j-emmerich@online.de>
To: flightge@flightgear.org
Date: Mon, 06 May 2019 20:19:05 +0200
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
X-Mailer: Evolution 3.28.5-0ubuntu0.18.04.1
---------------------
I am still trying to get access to the supervisors - but seems the in Forum given address <flightge@flightgear.org> is not working.

I wonder if this test now is functioning - or somebody has an idea!
jomo

Postby jomo » Tue May 07, 2019 6:02 am

To All
seems the test did work - so I will try again with my post from Monday morning:
--------------
I am very sorry that we had to "block" our own EDDF-Triangle-Event on Sunday, due to the more and more aggressive takeover-attempts of someone using my UID (EDDFjom) for that. That guy is using that since several sessions (see the movies). Pls notice the following msg of that guy:
"SESSION IS BLOCKED DUE TO BAD LANGUAGE BY EDDF"
    * Obviously he is unable to notice that in our tech. environment the system shortens the ID "EDDFjomo" always to "EDDFjom". Thus he accuses himself! (Is that a laugh or a pity or purely idiotic..?)
    * Of course he is not able to give any references to those happenings - which should be documented all in our movies about the session.
    * By using a stolen UID he is not ashamed to charge all his own misbehaving to me (as the owner of that stolen UID)
And that was not just Sunday but he is trying that since weeks - thus I was sure it is time to clarify that! And after he left frustrated we continued normal (see movi http://www.emmerich-j.de/EDDF/Films/201 ... 18-114.mp4 at end)

Hopefully he learned and is old enough to show that he is able to build up something by himself - without the need to hide behind other people UID's.
jomo

Postby Johan G » Wed May 08, 2019 6:56 am

Some posts were split off to the new topic MP user authentication.

Sorry for bringing the discussion here off topic. :oops:
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.2

Postby jomo » Fri May 10, 2019 9:32 pm

I am deeply sorry that my mumble did not work today! I did service my 2 PC the last days - tonight I plugged my headset into the wrong PC! sorrysorrysorry... But it was so wonderful busy tonight - that there was no time for me to troubleshoot! Sorry! Sorry...

BTW: Seems I found a way to block our lovely little idiot from using my UIDs. So EDDFatc and EDDFjom are again trust-able my UIDs.
jomo

Postby FED-EX » Sat May 11, 2019 1:06 pm

This is also recognizable by the otherwise non-existent professionalism of the troll.
THE WORLD ON TIME.
FED-EX

Postby FED-EX » Sat May 11, 2019 6:23 pm

we should just ignore this idiot and continue under "difficult conditions."
THE WORLD ON TIME.
FED-EX

Postby jomo » Sun May 12, 2019 5:47 pm

Sorry - but yesterday this "Nobody hiding behind a stolen UID" found a new way to block my master-PC. So again it became a very bad event - especially bad for people that like FGFS.
For reality have a look into movie http://www.emmerich-j.de/EDDF/Films/201 ... 830-90.mp4:
    * at film 11:25 he allows a military-jet to land on same runway with wind on which a civilian plane just starts against wind! He means a military jet can/may do that So the jet (and the ATC?) found that funny! Later on there was a near crash - the civilian had to break direct to the left after wheels were off GND!
    * at film 18:08 he allows rw 36 to be used! At 19:15 that plane got into serious trouble over the hills. Obviously he believes an ATC has to be a nice guy! So many more planes did exactly that again and again.
    * at film 19:17 he pretends he must rescue the EDDF from that "old man just playing there with 2 friends". Obviously he means he needs my, over the years well known UID (ATCjom) to complete his task (of a nobody) - well - I will never again use that ID in my life (it became too dirty the last month!).

Let us try something different:
I will not set a fixed location any more, but use for every event a different location. To know which location it is a certain day you can look into the MPmap and search for jo.... (eg." jo1LSZH", "jo1EDDK", .. .). Of course he could now try to use similar IDs, so look for 2 IDs like e.g. jo1EDDF + jo2EDDF for my 2 PCs !

I know: All this sounds absolute stupid - but when criminals/cheaters are attacking -- then you better take some precautions. And in addition it may be fun to exercise/GetToKnow different locations - as well for you as also for me!
Of course he probably will try to continue interfering - let us hope one day even he might notice that EDDF and a stolen UID are not really that important.

I will not ATC today -- celebrating Mothers-Day may be more fun!
jomo

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sun May 12, 2019 5:59 pm

At this point why don't you ask the maintainer of the web server to find his IP address and block it? Is that an option? I realize it will only work until he changes his IP but may discourage him.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby FED-EX » Sun May 12, 2019 6:12 pm

Seriously, it's a perfect jerk. He believes that he can insult me first and later compliment me on his side. Then, when I read such things as mentioned by #TheRealJomo in his post, the hair on my neck balks. He said in the MP Chatdialog, he was the better ATC. I had to laugh. But I have to say too: I was too stupid on Friday or Wednesday (?) To just turn it off in the chat. I found that out yesterday. A click on ignore (unfortunately without visual or audio resonance) and it is silent.
THE WORLD ON TIME.
FED-EX

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer events