Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events

EDDF-Triangle

Virtual fly-ins, fun flies, competitions, and other group events. Find out details of upcoming events, register for competitions, or organize your own tour of a favorite location.

Re: EDDF-Triangle

Postby D-ECHO » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:40 pm

Disclosing private information about anybody on the internet is to be considered highly problematic - if not a no-go. On the other hand, I'd argue than an IP-ban from the used mumble server would be appropriate in this case - which mumble server are you using and (I'm not that familiar with mumble technicalities) is it possible to check e.g. in a log the IP adress of a specific username and then ban said address?
D-ECHO

Postby D-ECHO » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:43 pm

For reference, also see this and the following posts: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=33344&start=90#p369358
D-ECHO

Postby LH-1701 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:59 pm

Hi,

a few days ago i was flying EGBB-EDDF with nearly full ATC coverage, and i heard this idiot on nearly every ATC channel.

What you can do to avoid this person will use your ID on mumble: You can register your ID on mumble, so only you can use it.

AS D-ECHO said, disclosing private infos on internet is highly restricted and so can be really problematic.
Also the IP address would only be useful to block him for one session. Usually the provider changes a client's IP address min. once in 24hrs and on every re-login to internet.

What all of you can do when he's there: just mute him and ignore him.

reguards,

tobias.
#ISupportJomo
LH-1701

Callsign: LH-1701
Version: 2018.3.2

Previous

Return to Multiplayer events