Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events

EDDF-Triangle

Virtual fly-ins, fun flies, competitions, and other group events. Find out details of upcoming events, register for competitions, or organize your own tour of a favorite location.

Re: EDDF-Triangle

Postby Johan G » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:43 pm

Omega wrote in Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:34 pm:...an online service to make this video where you can make your own Hitler video by adding fake subtitles...

:shock: That explains the absolutely hilarious number of bunker scenes. :wink:
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 3.0.0

Postby D-EKEW » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:26 am

Dear FG pilots,

Time for an update to our EDDF-ELLX scenery package.

Changes incorporate a whole lot of new buildings on ELLX, now every major structure is represented! Also some small improvements on existing buildings.

Download it here: http://www.emmerich-j.de/EDDF/EDDF-ELLX.zip, install instructions are within.

Enjoy and hope to see you soon!

Eric
D-EKEW

Callsign: D-EKEW, ELLX-TWR
Version: git

Postby Figaro » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:20 am

Marvelous work once again Eric! You've certainly made Luxembourg one of my favourite places to fly. :mrgreen:

Thankyou!

Cheers,
Sam.
Figaro

Callsign: 4L-FIG

Postby omega95 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:58 pm

I'd like to thank Omega (the other one - Chris) and Jomo very much for great Air Traffic Control Services at all the airports I visited today. (EIDW --> EGKK --> EDDF --> LFMN) It was truly one of the most realistic control experiences I had in FlightGear. There were a few pilots just playing around and then a very minor FGCom communication error but that was overcome very quickly. I'll be sure to visit the EDDF-Triangle events more often.

Cheers! :D
Merlion Virtual Airlines - the experience of a flight time...
Get high quality aircraft, airports, video tutorials or development tools from my hangar.
omega95

Callsign: MIA0001, OM-EGA
IRC name: omega95
Version: 2.12 git

Postby LEEKEYS » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:35 pm

Pilots,

Stop by and visit EDDS today. Stuttgart is back!

ATCkeys
ATC
Advocate for:
TGA l VSA l MIA

Air Traffic Manager
Virtual Star Alliance
LEEKEYS

Callsign: LEEKEYS, ATCkeys
Version: Stable

Postby jomo » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:26 am

Hallelujahhhh
yesterday we tested the new FGCOM-Server (by D-LEON) at EDDF-ELLX-Triangle - and it worked great!
The voices come over even stronger and much more clearly. (And it did not breack down for over 3h!)

So now there are 2 FGCOM-servers:
1) The original: fgcom.flightgear.org.uk
2) The new one: delta384.server4you.de

To switch your installation to use the new server, you need to:

If you start FGCOM by the original command, replace the server within the commandline (or icon, or whatever). e.g.:
- original startcommand: fgcom -Sfgcom.flightgear.org.uk -f910
- new startcommand: fgcom -Sdelta384.server4you.de -f910

if you start with the FGCOM-GUI
Start FGCOM-GUI as usuall
Stop the Program with the Stop-button
then open from Program Menu-bar --> Settings --> Configure...
change the line "Server" from the old to the new server

For the EDDF-ELLX-Triangle we will be using the new one, because the "original" is still not reliable.
thank you D-Leon - great work /relief
joe
jomo / ATCjomo + EDDFjo1 + EDDFjo2
ATC at EDDF Fr,Sa,Su,We from 20:00 to 24:00 CET/MEZ., see http://www.emmerich-j.de
jomo

Callsign: jomo jomoATC

Postby D-EKEW » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:43 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen!

Another EDDF-ELLX scenery update. As this one incorporates a terrible elevation error fix you are encouraged to update. Just to avoid one airplane being stuck in the tarmac and the other floating above it (so to say).

Thus:
- All Terrain has been rebuild fixing an elevation error
- Bridges to 07L/25R at EDDF realigned to taxiways
- ELLX is flattened more so the taxiway lines are closer to the surface (and smaller aircraft don't get their gear broken in front of terminal A)
- added more park positions to ELLX, adjusted groundnet
- small cosmetic changes to ELLX buildings

Download at the usual link:
http://www.emmerich-j.de/EDDF/EDDF-ELLX.zip
or for those feeling gitty:
Code: Select all
git clone git://gitorious.org/flightgear-custom-scenery/eddf-ellx.git

The git repo will be kept up to date from now on. Note that you still need to copy some files by hand as in the README.html file.

Have fun and see you Luxembourg / Frankfurt / Stutgart airspace (with permission that is)

Eric

PS Which reminds me. If you are want to know how our Airspaces are structured, have a look at: http://skyvector.com/?ll=49.873397706010884,7.162719719912837&chart=301&zoom=5. And if there is some crack-web-programmer person reading this and would make a mpmap with this background he or she would never ever have to pay landing fees at ELLX again, independent of how many runway lights are destroyed.
D-EKEW

Postby de profundis » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:54 pm

This is very nice !
The scenery is amazing!!
ATCing in EDDF was perfect tonight. Thanks Jomo. It was the first time I used FGcom and all went smooth.
Great job in Leipzig also. Scenery is outstanding there too. ATC service at EDDP is top-class.

Thank you
Cross Country Tutorial II - a VFR guide all that's VFR and more...!
de profundis

Callsign: SX-ATM M-J4MC
Version: 3.4

Postby D-EKEW » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:12 pm

Dear Professional pilots,

The keyword is shadows...and lights.

Yes, EDDF and ELLX have been converted for Rembrand use! So if your system is powerfull enough you will take full advantage. Shadows in the day and lightposts at night. It's like the real thing.
For those not using Rembrand there are some other changes also. Some fixes to EDDF 4th runway bridges. In some cases you could fall through, now you'll have to taxi over the side for your insurence to pay up. Right, and for those not using Rembrand performance at EDDF at night is be considerably better.
ELLX has some minor improvements, largely ground stripes etc.

Download as usual:
http://www.emmerich-j.de/EDDF/EDDF-ELLX.zip

or
Code: Select all
git clone git://gitorious.org/flightgear-custom-scenery/eddf-ellx.git

Cheers,

Eric
D-EKEW

Postby jomo » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:02 am

I have created a little leaflet relative to the FGCOM problems/misunderstandings etc.
See http://www.emmerich-j.de/FGCOM-Leaflet.pdf

Pls tell me if you see anything how I could improve it!
joe
ATC at EDDF Fr,Sa,Su,We from 20:00 to 24:00 CET/MEZ., see http://www.emmerich-j.de
jomo

Postby Pablun » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:20 am

Hello my friends
Let me tell you an interesting detail: i'm a member of the European Air Force (virtual military airline), which have taken ETAR as It's main base. This is a good thing, because the EAF would not only control airspace over Ramstein air base, but also would act as a security entity, patrolling the triangle area and intercepting aircrafts if needed. Actually, ALL members of the Air Force spawn at Raimstein.
Personally I can be an ATC there, representing our organization. I can't ensure any time dispositional,but i live in Argentina and my UTC is -3 so from 17:00 to 21:00 is evening for me.
Anyway, i'm just suggesting some help. I can also contact my team mates, and see if ATCing can be one of our "stable operations"
Pablun

Postby StuartC » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:00 am

Hopefully your ATC will understand Military aircraft and their requirements then.
After hearing a rather funny exchange ( or rather reading it ) between a Military pilot and one of the ATC's where the ATC guy told the Pilot that he knows for a fact, because hes a real pilot, that aircraft such as Tornados, Typhoons and F-15 are all Carrier capable aircraft therefore can all fly and manouver at slow speeds......... Errr, ok then......
If the ATC zone wants to be taken and treated seriously, the Guys doing it need to refrane from talking utter tosh and they need to be aware of different types of traffic that may visit them. Spouting rubbish at a Pilot ( and one who is actually a Real RAF ATC controller ) is not helping the reputation of the ATC zone, especially when the ATC guy told the Pilot that his real RAF experiences ( dealing with fast jest all the time ) were rubbish and he knows best.

Get a grip on it.
StuartC

Callsign: WF01
Version: 2019.1

Postby jomo » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:08 pm

StuartC wrote in Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:00 am:Hopefully your ATC will understand Military aircraft and their requirements then.
After hearing a rather funny exchange ( or rather reading it ) between a Military pilot and one of the ATC's where the ATC guy told the Pilot that he knows for a fact, because hes a real pilot, that aircraft such as Tornados, Typhoons and F-15 are all Carrier capable aircraft therefore can all fly and manouver at slow speeds

Well I do NOT agree that this represents word by word the real discussion- but for sure it describes the problem that arose: I advised the pilot to reduce to 220kn (because an airliner was in short distance ahead on final) - and the pilot responded "cannot do that". So I told him that I am sure that his jet can do that and much less! And I asked him what his Stall-Speed is -- he did not know!

For a fact you cannot expect from anybody on earth to know all critical speeds of all planes that fly in the world (or even in FGFS) - including all fighters in all configuration and all Passenger-Aircrafts under all loads! You surely are not saying that you expect that from any ATC inside FGFS - I would not even expect that from an English payed for ATC!! But for sure I expect from a pilot flying a plane, that HE (as pilot) knows the limitations of his plane (even though the pilot may be a payed for ATC!!!). From an unpayed ATC (like me) I expect that he knows the general limitations for different types of aircrafts (not for each individual one - but by categories). And of course each pilot has the right (he even must do so if it is a Safty-matter - the last responibility rests on the pilot!) to request from ATC to change any advise - if he has a good reason for it! But just calling "I cannot comply" is not really a good argument - at least he should state his limitations!

I would suggest that each pilot (not each ATC!) reads the available informations about his plane - especially if he believes it does not comply with standard procedures (e.g. at big commercial airports approaches between max 220 and max 180 kn).

Because of the above happening I searched and found a rather good description of how to land such a baby: See http://www.warbirdalley.com/articles/t38pr.htm (Final at 200kn, Short Final 155kn (with max load 170)). That fits pretty good the standard procedures at EDDF!!.

So I do not see what we should change at the Triangle -- but would wish some pilots would inform themselves about the flying characteristics of their planes - prior to starting it!

Of course I am eager to learn more and more and try to provide an always better service at the Triangle - so please let us discuss here if you have a better solution for that problem!
joe
jomo

Postby StuartC » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:57 pm

Thats a good article for the T-38 Jomo. As our version actually has most of the character traits described in the article I have linked it in the T-38 download page as study material for Pilots who download it.
StuartC

Callsign: WF01
Version: 2019.1

Postby jomo » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:28 pm

StuartC wrote in Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:57 pm:Thats a good article for the T-38 Jomo. As our version actually has most of the character traits described in the article I have linked it in the T-38 download page as study material for Pilots who download it.

Thanks Stuart
it's a pleasure to see that we still understand each other.
joe
jomo

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer events