Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events

EDDF-Triangle

Virtual fly-ins, fun flies, competitions, and other group events. Find out details of upcoming events, register for competitions, or organize your own tour of a favorite location.

Re: EDDF-Triangle

Postby jomo » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:54 am

jomo wrote in Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:29 am:Mumble ALLFEX / ZENSERV
So I am not sure if we should go back to "ALLFEX" or now stay with "ZENSERV". Switching back and forth obviously did not cause any bigger problems.
Does anybody have founded thoughts about that, pro or con?

Well - no other comments - so starting tonight
we will be using again
mumble.allfex.org port 64738

(and keep in mind mumble.zenserv.fr port 60303)
jomo / ATCjomo + EDDFjo + EDDFjo1 + EDDFjo2
ATC at EDDF Fr,Sa,Su,We from 20:00 to 24:00 CET/MEZ., see http://www.emmerich-j.de
jomo

Callsign: jomo EDDFjo1+2

Postby Lincoln » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:29 pm

@jomo this is the plane i was on about http://imgur.com/a/E6ccw
Currently flying the 737-800YV / MD-11-GE / 747-400

GE90-115B for life!

Follow me to the sun on SXS98X!

LincolnWorks discord!
Lincoln

Callsign: ATC_Lcn/RM01/SXS98X

Postby J Maverick 16 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:52 pm

https://fgtracker.ml/modules/fgtracker/ ... ID=6934348

Had a nice flight today from my home base Aviano AB to Frankfurt airport with the RC-137R Rivet Joint.
First I did the usual take off procedure from rwy 05 done by aircrafts flying north, then followed some kind of route to Ramstein AB where I flew over, did a Visual Run In And Break (VRIAB) military approach procedure and a successive touch n go before heading to EDDF controlled by Jomo. Since I saw there wasn't traffic, I decided to ask to perform a VRIAB also there before landing on runway 25L. I got clearance so after intercepting ILS I descended to 1000ft and kept 200kts till the end of the rwy where I made a 180 degree turn to the left, climbed to 1500ft and got back to a good point for breaking again to the left and do the final approach. Had some trouble intercepting ILS, especially because I was overwhelming the AP with inputs and stuff so (as it's done IRL) I switched to manual control and managed to land the plane safely anyways. Parked on the southern apron of EDDF, as always when I take a military plane there.
Thanks again to Jomo for letting me try that today, and I'm looking forward to watch the movie of that ;)

A shot while cruising to ETAR:

Cheers, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (KC-137R, F-16, A330, C-32J, MH-60)
Flying with Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar
Aviation media on IG at: @j_maverick16.aviation
J Maverick 16

Callsign: J-Mav16
Version: 2020.3.19

Postby jomo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:21 pm

Sorry NO ATC TODAY (Wednesday 25.10.2017)
My PC still does not like me - hope I get that solved prior the weekend.
sorry jomo
ATC at EDDF Fr,Sa,Su,We from 20:00 to 24:00 CET/MEZ., see http://www.emmerich-j.de
jomo

Postby jomo » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:38 am

ATCing at EDDF
I am very sorry, but I will not serve as ATC at EDDF any more.
I am just not willing any more to deal all the time with
* absolute idiots,
* people that even use Hittler's ideas and wordings and songs etc.
* that do now extend their already very infantile behavior even to actual, verbal and technical cyber-crimes
* and only feel well when they can destroy whatever others (not only me!) had built up over a long period of time
etc.

I guess my finishing ATCing will not cause any harm to the standard nice guests of the EDDF-Triangle, because there were many others who were sure they know exactly how to do a better job than I did (if they just could use EDDF as a base) - some of them even tried already several unfriendly takeovers. So let's give them a chance to show how good they are, and how long they can keep that event functioning - I started it "Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:40 am" - let's see who of those eager "wanttobeATCs" will be capable of even trying!

I always supported the free (without LoginUID + PassWord) access to the FlightGear environment. But that growing amount of anonymous idiots, may force us to use Login+PWD at least for MP and mumble - so everybody can use FGFS - but enable some controls for the multi-player environment! The now used individual controls do not help against idiots - that very willingly just want to destroy!

I will keep basic docs available:
* http://www.emmerich-j.de/FGFS
* http://www.emmerich-j.de/EDDF
+ and there are lots of docs in FGFS-wiki and wikipedia.

Thanks to all my customers that enjoyed visiting EDDF - I enjoyed serving you!
jomo

Postby Octal450 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Hi jomo,
I'm sorry to see you go. I for one, enjoyed your service, and will miss it in future flights.

I'm still remembering the first time I flew in MP +Mumble was to EDDF with Vincent and jwocky during the festival. It was a very nice experience. Since then I've returned hundreds of times and have managed not to be neglected ;)

Thanks for everything and I hope one day you return.

Kind Regards,
Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411
Version: next

Postby J Maverick 16 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:11 pm

Not even time to make one more flight and say goodbye :cry:
Regards, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (KC-137R, F-16, A330, C-32J, MH-60)
Flying with Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar
Aviation media on IG at: @j_maverick16.aviation
J Maverick 16

Callsign: J-Mav16
Version: 2020.3.19

Postby primtala2 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:14 pm

Well, this is an end of an era.

Thanx for all your services jomo !. It's been totally awesome.
See you around.

Regards

D-73
primtala2

Callsign: D-73
Version: git

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:24 am

this is why we can't have nice things :(
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby AAL545 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:37 pm

Hi Jomo,

Sorry to see you go, I've only been flying for a little over a year therefore I appreciated it flying multiplayer into EDDF
to get even just a small taste of what it's like in the real world, no room for error. When I wan't to practice or just fool
around I don't fly multiplayer and I think other pilots should do the same. Thanks for your service.
Formerly AAL545
Now AAL4955
AAL545

Postby jomo » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:28 pm

On Sunday 2017-11-05 we celebrated a test-resurrection!
The event worked perfect - not a single coo-coo or idiot or similar showed up - and most visitors were on MUMBLE (even so you may notice in the films that my mumble-settings were not yet perfect - see http://www.emmerich-j.de --> EDDF- Triangle Movies ).

But I had big problems with the recording - after I upgraded the last days to linux-Ubuntu 17.10. That Version has changed drastically after it is now based on a GNOME-Shell. If you have Ubuntu and want to Upgrade to 17.10: Plan for a lot of time to get all unique special applications working again! My biggest problems were: RecordMyDesktup, Mumble, and lots of problems with compic! That compic used already about 30% of my CPU-power (you can see in the move some pictures of it, e.g. http://www.emmerich-j.de/EDDF/Films/201 ... 039-37.ogv at film-time 3:17). That meant the CPU was constantly on it's limits - so there were lots of delays, some functions were sometimes not even started, etc.

Also all targets were blue/yellows only - because I had to download all models again from GIT and forgot to remove the "master". Sorry - I will never forget that again - but I was under time-stress while trying to get that PC working for this special event.

The event (http://www.emmerich-j.de/EDDF) itself was very fine - so I am planning to continue with those events again - and see if those "idiots" will return en-Mass.
jomo
jomo

Postby Octal450 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:38 pm

Hi jomo,
Was alot of fun to have you back Yesterday and hope to see you soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

And if those idiots and coo-coos come, just ignore them, and don't say anything. They won't stop, whatever you talk. If you ignore them and don't get upset, they will not have fun, and go away.

Kind Regards,
Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411

Postby V12 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:21 am

Welcome back, Jomo !

If You have trouble with Gnome desktop (imho, pretty heavyweight), You should try X-Ubuntu, or even lighter L-Ubuntu. User interface is very very simple, but unbelievable fast, memory consumption less than 0.5 GB on my machine. What graphics card is in Your system ? Badly optimised drivers should be responsible for large CPU load. And all opensource drivers for nVidia (Noveau) and AMD (gallium) are optimised very poor.
Fly high, fly fast - fly Concorde !
V12

Callsign: BAWV12

Postby jomo » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:25 pm

V12 wrote in Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:21 am:If You have trouble with Gnome desktop (imho, pretty heavyweight), You should try X-Ubuntu, or even lighter L-Ubuntu. User interface is very very simple, but unbelievable fast, memory consumption less than 0.5 GB on my machine. What graphics card is in Your system ? Badly optimised drivers should be responsible for large CPU load. And all opensource drivers for Nvidia (Noveau) and AMD (gallium) are optimised very poor.

well I use an "EVGA NIVIDIA GTX 1050" driving 2 screens "BENQ 24 1920/1080" - I have no problems with that! Also the Problem with the "compic" is gone - after I threw it out! Looking on the System Load there is no Problem any more. Even the actual recordmydesktup- program works - just the frontend-GUI does not work anymore! All that worked fine till 16.10. But I guess I need my UBUNTU as is for running ATC with: OpenRadar + Flightgear(for ORCAM) + Firefox(for MP, Git, etc) + Mumble + 2 Textscreens constantly displayed + the new GITscenery + some intermittent APPs.
I hope I find something for the recordmydesktop till tomorrow evening - otherwise the movies may not be available (for tomorrow!)
In case you are a programming guy. here is the problem-report:
Code: Select all
  gtk-recordmydesktop
/usr/share/themes/Ambiance/gtk-2.0/apps/mate-panel.rc:30: error: invalid string constant "murrine-scrollbar", expected valid string constant
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/gtk-recordmydesktop", line 43, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/bin/gtk-recordmydesktop", line 40, in main
    tr=rmdSimple.simpleWidget()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/recordMyDesktop/rmdSimple.py", line 509, in __init__
    self.__subWidgets__()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/recordMyDesktop/rmdSimple.py", line 88, in __subWidgets__
    self.image=sT.GtkThumbSelector(self,self.values[5],self.hidden,2000)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/recordMyDesktop/rmdSelectThumb.py", line 69, in __init__
    self.__subsample__(sroot,self.wwidth,self.wheight,self.root,self.factor)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/recordMyDesktop/rmdSelectThumb.py", line 79, in __subsample__
    im2.put_pixel(k/stride,i/stride,im1.get_pixel(k,i))
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_pixel'

Thanks for your trying to help
jomo
jomo

Postby bugman » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:02 pm

Here is a "partly" upstream bug report that seems to be the same:

Regards,
Edward

Edit: RecordMyDesktop has been abandoned since 2010. I would nevertheless suggest you file a Ubuntu bug report pointing to the Debian bug report so that something might be done.
bugman

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer events