Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events

EDDF-Triangle

Virtual fly-ins, fun flies, competitions, and other group events. Find out details of upcoming events, register for competitions, or organize your own tour of a favorite location.

Re: FGExtend precisions.

Postby wkitty42 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:13 pm

icare38 wrote in Fri May 17, 2019 5:50 pm:PS
To FGFS developers:
Ill' be very happy when ai(?)/mp related big memory leak will be fixed.

what memory leak?
what version of FG?
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Re: EDDF-Triangle

Postby Octal450 » Fri May 17, 2019 9:43 pm

The last time you said I should prove my point I did, and you ignored a lot of it and then the moderators removed all of those posts. This is great for you because now you get to tell me to prove my point again while you know very well that the moderators will remove those posts if I prove it for like a third time.

From everything I read, nothing proved your point. If you posted something that was removed by moderators before I saw it maybe? I don't really check that much.

So stop talking about or to me then.

Hard to do when you keep attacking me. I don't sit and take shit from people, sorry.

Kind Regards,
Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411
Version: next

Postby jomo » Sat May 18, 2019 8:55 am

mumble at EDDF
There seems to be rising a new dispute about which radio to use.
After the catastrophic dead of FGCOM (development) several years ago we at EDDF changed to mumble and found a real god functionality and especially also an outstanding fast and responsible service using josh's server itpns.ddns.net port 64738 . Especially based on the outstanding service and availability given every time over many years now, I will decide for MY EDDF-Triangle events that we stay with that server. I would appreciate if those outreaching radio-discussions could be transferred to another Topic.
BTW: The signature "ATCjomo" below is from the real one - not from the faked nobody - you may check the memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2110
jomo / ATCjomo + EDDFjo + EDDFjo1 + EDDFjo2
ATC at EDDF Fr,Sa,Su,We from 20:00 to 24:00 CET/MEZ., see http://www.emmerich-j.de
jomo

Callsign: jomo EDDFjo1+2

Postby Lydiot » Sat May 18, 2019 4:42 pm

Octal450 wrote in Fri May 17, 2019 9:43 pm:
So stop talking about or to me then.

Hard to do when you keep attacking me. I don't sit and take shit from people, sorry.

Kind Regards,
Josh

Thanks for showing exactly why you are a dishonest person.

Thu May 16, 2019 9:47 am I responded to someone else, I was NOT talking to or about you.

THEN, Thu May 16, 2019 3:32 pm , YOU wrote about me:

Octal450 wrote in Thu May 16, 2019 9:32 pm:Lydiot just likes to whine about how bad jomo is constantly. I just ignore him now as arguing with him is mostly pointless.

See? I wasn't talking to you, and you started this when you attacked me.

You're a dishonest person. If you don't like being called out for it then just stop being dishonest.
Lydiot

Postby Octal450 » Sat May 18, 2019 5:23 pm

Point taken. That specific time, I started it, fine. I never denied that. I am getting a bit tired of your whining whenever someone has even a minor complaint.

I don't really think its worth it to respond to the rest. Anyone who knows me here in the community knows I am not a dishonest person, and I don't care enough to prove it to you.

Send me a PM of your evidence of bad-jomo, so I can actually see it un-moderated. If not, then I see no reason to respond to you further.

Kind Regards,
Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations

Octal450

Postby Lydiot » Sat May 18, 2019 6:17 pm

You can put me on ignore for all I care.

You were absolutely aware of all the evidence I posted here before, and you are aware it was deleted. If you don't... "remember" it, then whatever. You can bring that up with the moderators.

My only point is that Jomo's behavior makes some people really upset, and people like you keep defending him yet act shocked or are irritated when people then complain or even come back to troll him. Trolls are a problem, Jomo's behavior is sometimes a problem as well.

This is about the Flightgear community. To people like you it seems like you can't tell Jomo to change so you argue about what to do with trolls. Trolls won't change and there's no way to get rid of them if they really want to troll. But Jomo could be nicer. But you won't tell him to, and you won't even admit the problems with his behavior.

So here we are. Another year, another set of complaints.

Repeating the same mistake but expecting different results is...
Lydiot

Postby LH-1701 » Sat May 18, 2019 8:59 pm

Hi Jomo,

thanks for answers!

As an alternative to your approach variant you can also ask the pilot to use a transition as they do in real life at EDDF.
At EDDF we use SID/STARS as seen on the Radar/Screen-films - and it did cost me a lot of time to put them onto the screen - in order to be able to supervise traffic! And even for these (more easy) procedures there are only very few (1% ?) pilots using them. To add other procedures to it (which most pilots will not even know what that is) would be a lot of more burden for the single ATC. But I would appreciate if more pilots would use the STAR/SIDs.

Ok.
As far as i remember you ask unknown pilots if they are able to use VOR/ILS. May just "extend" it and ask them if they want to have a STAR asigned when on approach.

as far as i know the procedures in EDDF in real life are a bit different, for ex they use 25c/07c also for approaches and the usage of taxiways is different.
That is correct. I changed that to help beginners: i.e. nobody gets delayed if a beginner needs 10 sec or 10 min to get ready to start. And it is easy to remember "use tw L for incoming - N for outgoing". To force every plane to a unique parking-position requires a lot more ATC work - i.e. would need a GND-ATC for a 4h job for each session if he may sit there for many hours without work! I tried that several times - but none ever tried it a second time! So again: That is done to ease this so (even new-bee) pilots can do that themselves! It really always became very confusing if a GND-ctrl is assigned but not available when needed! That happened every time I tried - so I do not accept GND or other support-ATCs any more!

Ok, thats understandable.

switch virtually between positions(delivery,ground,approach/depart, center)
I am not sure how that should work: Using 5 different FGFS-IDs (as well on typing as on mumble!) instead of the one we use today? No - I would not like that additional burden for a single ATC! That may be ok if only 1 plane arrives - but sometimes there are 5 same time - I am afraid that would lead to a lot confusion (and my brain may explode!). e.g. how would you know/remember with what ID you were just talking to what pilot - and reverse.

Dont use different IDs. At the end its just adding the sentences. EGKK_JON for example does it. He use only one ID, but tells you to contact ground/departure/center and so on on same mumble Channel or text chat.

why not also assigning an approaching plane a gate or stand after vacating the runway and give taxi instructions?
We tried that - but most pilots do not know were that stand is or do not like it! And ATC must know all Airplane sizes and company area etc. (Gate, Lot, e.t.c) or pilots would just like to discuss why this and not that. Again: I am afraid that would be nice if you have may ATCs that have learned to work in a team. And be aware: How to remember which Pilot has a unique parkinglot (like e.g.LH-1701).

Did i ever pay my parking-lot ;) ?
In case a pilot dont know where a stand is, he/she should ask for progressive taxi.
I wouldnt make it complicated.
For ex. nearly every airplane fits at the Lufthansa Stands at T1. So just use this terminal and the cargo area for cargo planes like i fly.

reguards,

tobias
#ISupportJomo
LH-1701

Callsign: LH-1701
Version: 2018.3.2

Postby FED-EX » Thu May 23, 2019 5:55 am

Yesterday it was a very nice trip from EDDL to EDDF. Both ATCs friendly, competent and reliable. Thank you both.
THE WORLD ON TIME.
FED-EX

Callsign: FDX-98

Postby FED-EX » Thu May 23, 2019 12:29 pm

@Jomo: How do I get the scenery visible at your movie 20190522wed1756-105 at 25:30 - 26:45?

My scenery is better than the original from flight gear, but yours is quite better. More little objects like cargo things, vehicles and so on.
THE WORLD ON TIME.
FED-EX

Postby tdammers » Thu May 23, 2019 12:32 pm

IIRC he uses terragit.
tdammers

Callsign: NL256
IRC name: nl256

Postby Octal450 » Thu May 23, 2019 2:16 pm

I stopped using that EDDF scenery because it was kill my frames. The version of his website is almost same quality but with better frames.

Josh

Octal450

Postby jomo » Fri May 24, 2019 4:30 pm

FED-EX wrote in Thu May 23, 2019 12:29 pm:@Jomo: How do I get the scenery visible at your movie 20190522wed1756-105 at 25:30 - 26:45? .

If you look above the table with the films you see some hints - also one where you get the GIT-scenery.
(BTW: I added on may page some more AI-planes).
ATC at EDDF Fr,Sa,Su,We from 20:00 to 24:00 CET/MEZ., see http://www.emmerich-j.de
jomo

Postby jomo » Sun May 26, 2019 5:53 am

Sorry - no ATC service today: election-service
jomo

Postby FED-EX » Mon May 27, 2019 6:35 am

Just a note:

ImageMy position when I was told I was on a road for cars was between L3 and N1 at V120. In my opinion this is the taxiway "L-North". Incidentally downloaded and printed by emmerich-j.de. So I say in the words of the ATC, "I really do not care" about how up-to-date a website is with its content. I simply assume that the supporting content of an ATC's website is consistent with its processes and behaviors.

No matter if that was the arranged taxiway or I should have driven on L (not L-north) to claim that a road is simply wrong and leaves me confused. Incidentally, I am forbidding this snotty sound. Everyone makes mistakes.
THE WORLD ON TIME.
FED-EX

Postby LH-1701 » Mon May 27, 2019 8:17 am

@FED-EX: What has happened? Do you have a date and time frame so i may have a look in the movie?

Sometimes FG doesn't exactly put you on the position you entered on startup.
For example: I had it once when departing from KSFO. I entered a parking lot but it dropped me out too close to a taxi way so my tail was blocking the taxiway.
Maybe this was the problem?
For Cargo (like FED-EX) positions F220-229 are doing fine (but if you use F224 you have to pay rent to me, thats my place *g*)

reguards,

tobias
#ISupportJomo
LH-1701

Callsign: LH-1701

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer events