Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events

EDDF-Triangle

Virtual fly-ins, fun flies, competitions, and other group events. Find out details of upcoming events, register for competitions, or organize your own tour of a favorite location.

Re: EDDF-Triangle

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:49 pm

@jomo, i don' t know what you ran into but it sounds like the PPA (saircot's?) wasn't fully updated and ready to deliver 2018.2.2...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby AAL545 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:01 pm

Jomo; recent films that were posted aren't available anymore including yesterday May 8th - 2018, unless there is something wrong on my end!
Just thought I'd let you know.

AAL4955
AAL545

Postby jomo » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:04 pm

AAL545 wrote in Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:01 pm:Jomo; recent films that were posted aren't available anymore including yesterday May 8th - 2018, unless there is something wrong on my end!
Just thought I'd let you know.AAL4955

It would help if you tell which ones are missing. I usually keep those files only about 14 days - if somebody needs them longer he may download them and keep them as long as possible. But I do not see a reason to pay for more storage.

The ones from yesterday are there - but probably you cannot download/view them. With the new installation something went wrong - I am still debugging. I hope I get them fixed before tomorrow evening.
jomo / ATCjomo + EDDFjo + EDDFjo1 + EDDFjo2
ATC at EDDF Fr,Sa,Su,We from 20:00 to 24:00 CET/MEZ., see http://www.emmerich-j.de
jomo

Callsign: jomo EDDFjo1+2

Postby AAL545 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:30 pm

It would help if you tell which ones are missing. I usually keep those files only about 14 days - if somebody needs them longer he may download them and keep them as long as possible. But I do not see a reason to pay for more storage.

The films from last Sunday May 3 2018 and this past Wednesday May 6 2018 were available but not anymore.
I have downloaded the ones that I liked in the past, thanks - good idea.

The ones from yesterday are there - but probably you cannot download/view them. With the new installation something went wrong - I am still debugging. I hope I get them fixed before tomorrow evening.

Question; I have used the similar program you are using, do you convert/ save on the go or at the end of the filming.
Just wondering if it's an issue with a big file?

AAL4955
AAL545

Postby jomo » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:25 pm

AAL545 wrote in Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:30 pm:The films from last Sunday May 3 2018 and this past Wednesday May 6 2018 were available but not anymore.
I have downloaded the ones that I liked in the past, thanks - good idea.
Both those were uploaded for longer than 2 weeks - so I do not know what the problem is.
AAL545 wrote in Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:30 pm:Question; I have used the similar program you are using, do you convert/ save on the go or at the end of the filming.
Just wondering if it's an issue with a big file?
Again I am not sure what you mean: As I posted more often I am using "vokoscreen" for the filming - that directly gives me direct mp4-files --- so I do not have to convert. But handling them I made a mistake (with the new installed PC) and had to repair - not convert.

Those 2 from yesterday are now uploaded - seems to work.
ATC at EDDF Fr,Sa,Su,We from 20:00 to 24:00 CET/MEZ., see http://www.emmerich-j.de
jomo

Postby AAL545 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:42 pm

Again I am not sure what you mean: As I posted more often I am using "vokoscreen" for the filming - that directly gives me direct mp4-files --- so I do not have to convert. But handling them I made a mistake (with the new installed PC) and had to repair - not convert.

My error I didn't mean convert I was referring to save.
There was a program with the option to save on the go or save at the end of the recording, sorry seems Vokoscreen doesn't have that option.

Those 2 from yesterday are now uploaded - seems to work.

Yes I see that now thanks.

AAL4955
AAL545

Postby jomo » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:57 am

AAL545 wrote in Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:42 pm:My error I didn't mean convert I was referring to save.
There was a program with the option to save on the go or save at the end of the recording, sorry seems Vokoscreen doesn't have that option.

Just in case you are trying to do something similar like me: Of course vokoscreen does direct save whatever it's "filming" (for me onto the local disk). But if you see my http://www.emmerich-j.de/EDDF/Films/films.html You may noticed that there is a Register out of which you can select which movie you want and which "actors play the leading roles". That is not done by vokoscreen - but is a very costly/time-consuming manual work! Only after that the films + texts are uploaded with "FileZilla".
This later part is the reason why the films are not directly available on any public Internet-space provider.
jomo

Postby AAL545 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:04 pm

right... and this problem has been with FG for a long time... craft are sending more and more data over the protocol... the craft have to be updated to work with the new fixes to the protocol or there will be problems... i seem to remember some group talking about having all the craft somewhere so it would be easier for craft developers to maintain them and fix the bugs in them... somehow, that doesn't seem to be happening as described...

It seems the latest FG version (2018.2.1) has fixed a lot of these problems but not all, now in the past I was asked by the ATC from where and what model I have installed
and that worked but only for a short time, so it was obviously an FG/MP problem and thanks to the developers for getting this fixed.

It seems the latest FG version (2018.2.1) has fixed a lot of these problems but not all,

Not complaining here but I think we might always have an issue with MP not sending all of the info ( flaps/landing gear position/ speed brakes/ thrust reversers, etc, etc)
if FG and the model aircraft being used aren't updated side by side. My latest test shows there is one piece of info not being sent, but still a major improvement.

Now this message is more for the Github developers,
I really like your B777 because it's more advanced then the one from FG (altitude 2500, 1000) and low speed warnings,
but the aircraft needs to comply with the latest FG and MP version protocol and that is why I mentioned that all the parts used in FG, MP/ and the model aircraft being used
should be integrated, but as long as the developers can make the model work on FG then we should be fine.
Unless of course Github aircraft is also being used on a different sim but I don't know that.

AAL4955
AAL545

Postby V12 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:32 pm

For me, Triple Seven is OK :

Please ignore bad scenery.
FG 2018.2.1, LUbuntu 18.04 LTS 64 bit
Fly high, fly fast - fly Concorde !
V12

Callsign: BAWV12

Postby Isaak » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:47 pm

AAL545 wrote in Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:04 pm:Now this message is more for the Github developers,
I really like your B777 because it's more advanced then the one from FG (altitude 2500, 1000) and low speed warnings,
but the aircraft needs to comply with the latest FG and MP version protocol and that is why I mentioned that all the parts used in FG, MP/ and the model aircraft being used
should be integrated, but as long as the developers can make the model work on FG then we should be fine.
Unless of course Github aircraft is also being used on a different sim but I don't know that.
AAL4955

Can you point me to the repo you are referring to? In 2 weeks I might have some spare time for the 777 and I would like to start merging the different forks that have come into play over the last year into the official hangar. I 'll take a look at the mp protocol too.
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Pronouns: he, him
Callsign: OO-ISA
Version: next

Postby AAL545 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:09 am

Hi Bel

Can you point me to the repo you are referring to? In 2 weeks I might have some spare time for the 777 and I would like to start merging the different forks that have come into play over the last year into the official hangar. I 'll take a look at the mp protocol too.

Fact; using FG 2018.2.1, using B777-200LR or B777-300ER from http://www.github.com/FGMEMBERS/777.git, using Terragit scenery.
As I mentioned the FG 2018.2.1 fixed a lot of the issues (landing gear, livery) but if you are willing and have the time I might as well give you as much info as I can.
Fact; prior to October 2017 everything worked 100% (livery, thrust reverser, speedbrakes, flaps, and the B777 rear landing flattening on touchdown.
Note; at the time I was using B777-300ER from FG.
So everything is working now over MP except the speedbrakes and the landing gear not flattening out at touchdown.

AAL4955
AAL545

Postby AAL545 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:30 pm

Fact; using FG 2018.2.1, using B777-200LR or B777-300ER from http://www.github.com/FGMEMBERS/777.git, using Terragit scenery.
As I mentioned the FG 2018.2.1 fixed a lot of the issues (landing gear, livery) but if you are willing and have the time I might as well give you as much info as I can.
Fact; prior to October 2017 everything worked 100% (livery, thrust reverser, speedbrakes, flaps, and the B777 rear landing flattening on touchdown.
Note; at the time I was using B777-300ER from FG.
So everything is working now over MP except the speedbrakes and the landing gear not flattening out at touchdown.

How can I verify that that my Sim/MP is looking at the correct scenery if I have custom scenery installed in the home directory?
I highly doubt this is the issue regarding the landing gear not flattening out since it worked fine prior to October 2017 when this issue started
but still worth checking!

AAL4955
AAL545

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:59 pm

if you increase your --log-level, you will get more detail... then look in your ~/.fgfs/fgfs.log file... fgfs_0.log is the previous execution and only those two logs are kept and cycled by FG... the paths should be shown for the files used... ALL the files used...

--log-level=debug
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby jomo » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:18 pm

To all customers of the EDDF-Triangel:
Just about all MP-servers are not working today - we right now use server3 .

You can set it in your FGFS-Menue-Bar at multiplayer -> multiplayer-settings
jomo

Postby jomo » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:50 pm

To all customers of the EDDF-Triangel: MP down again
The usual MP-servers are not working again!

We will use http://mpmap03.flightgear.org/

You can also set it in your FGFS-Menue-Bar at multiplayer -> multiplayer-settings
jomo

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer events