Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events

EDDF-Triangle

Virtual fly-ins, fun flies, competitions, and other group events. Find out details of upcoming events, register for competitions, or organize your own tour of a favorite location.

Re: EDDF-Triangle

Postby sgofferj » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:15 am

I did some further testing - it was the D-ABBA scenery that broke the Atlas maps. However, I can't open the hangar gates at any hangar ELLX. When I press Ctrl-C, I see the yeloow markings but there just doesn't happen anything if I click the gate. Do I need to do anything special to get this working?
FG 3.1 GIT / Opensuse 12.3 / Phenom II X4 / GForce GTX560
Stefan's little Flightgear corner | The Finnish Weather Center | Wolves in Finland

Working on: EFTP
COM: IAX2:home.gofferje.net/stefan (MO-FR 0700-2000 UTC, SA+SU 0900-2000 UTC)
sgofferj

Callsign: OH-SW
Version: 3.1 GIT

Postby D-EKEW » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:25 am

From https://gitorious.org/fg/flightgear/commits/next

13:31
Sunday January 08 2012
thorsten committed 59d400d
Temporarily disable Nasal callbacks in lazily loaded scenery models

That is the reason I guess. Do not know how long 'Temporarily' is.

Cheers,

Eric
D-EKEW

Callsign: D-EKEW, ELLX-TWR
Version: git

Postby jomo » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:37 pm

Eric did change the major signs on EDDF at the taxiways to reflect the new runway-markings - i.e. change the old 07L/25R to the new 07C/25C.

We know that not ALL new signs are yet placed and/or correct - and also some are half below the pavement -- but:
Sorry: Those have to wait till the change to the 850-scenery.

That changes are now in the http://www.emmerich-j.de/EDDF/EDDF-ELLX.zip dated 2012-01-26.
Hope that reduces some of the confusions.
joe
jomo / ATCjomo + EDDFjo + EDDFjo1 + EDDFjo2
ATC at EDDF Fr,Sa,Su,We from 20:00 to 24:00 CET/MEZ., see http://www.emmerich-j.de
jomo

Callsign: jomo EDDFjo1+2

Postby jomo » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:01 pm

Scenery Update
Please make sure your downloaded http://www.emmerich-j.de/EDDF/EDDF-ELLX.zip and/or the "EDDF-ELLX.html" inside that package are dated 6th Feb. 2012, or better.

Eric was so nice to rework the signs at the taxiways in EDDF to correct them to the newest actual layout and make them visible also at the western area (were they used to disappear into the ground). They should be all readable now! (And yes we know: some are still missing: At the new runway and at the southern border - but those are not considered to be "high priority").

So, more or less, I was forced to contribute with a new Layout - that one now shows also "what is what, and what may be what when..."!
It also lists my major ATC-checkpoints, so that our IFR-professionals can arrive prepared!
(Yes: Also VFR remains welcomed! Please only make sure you are able to maintain given altitudes, headings, and speed -- in those models you fly -- with and without AP!).
see http://www.emmerich-j.de/GND-tot.png
In addition all detailed ground-maps, SIDs, APARs, procedures, NOTAMS, etc. can be found on http://www.vacc-sag.org/airport/EDDF

Hope you have even more fun
joe
ATC at EDDF Fr,Sa,Su,We from 20:00 to 24:00 CET/MEZ., see http://www.emmerich-j.de
jomo

Postby D-EKEW » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:42 pm

To be fair and get our references correct: sign re-work for EDDF was done by D-ABBA! A big thanks to him!

Eric
D-EKEW

Postby D-EKEW » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:50 pm

Visitors and future visitors of EDDF and ELLX,

There has been a scenery update, this time for ELLX only adding more buildings and replacing generic ones with custom ones.
In addition the procedures file has been updated, which will allow you to fly SID-s and STAR-s using the Flightgear build-in route manager (GPS). If you want to fly one just let the ATC (me) know when filing your flight plan. Of course you can also fly these procedures using good-old conventional radio navigation (VOR/DME). Download ELLX charts here: http://beluxvacc.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=22:ellx-luxembourg&catid=15:charts&Itemid=12 and start tuning you NAV unit. Since Luxembourg is a small country and the airspace is accordingly small, some of them are very interesting!

Cheers,

Eric

PS Sadly the transitions from holding to final approach and final approaches seem not to be supported in the FG route-manager
D-EKEW

Postby Sky Flyer » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:27 am

COOL IDEA!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I've been ATCing Many times before as KSFOAPP I also want to join the EDDF triangle......
unfortunatly 1700 UTC is 11:00 in the philippines....... :(
Let me know if there are new Airliners coming up from pistons to jets!!!
Favorites: Jet Airliner:Any Easy to handle Jet :) Turboprop Airliner: ATR 42-500/600 Fighter Jet: F-14
looking for a ATC position
Sky Flyer

Callsign: MIA0360/or my plane
Version: 2016.1

Postby islandmonkey » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:06 am

Sky Flyer wrote in Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:27 am:COOL IDEA!!!!!! :mrgreen: I've been ATCing Many times before as KSFOAPP I also want to join the EDDF triangle......
unfortunatly 1700 UTC is 11:00 in the philippines....... :(

Well you can join in, but the ATC slots are all booked up... :|

But I know what can do for me, lure more people to EGKK. :wink: Such a detailed and modelled place needs to have more traffic...
They will see you on the mpmap and I'm sure they will be lured in by my master plan :twisted:
islandmonkey

Callsign: G-MNKY

Postby D-EKEW » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:58 pm

Dear visitors and future visitors of EDDF and ELLX!

By popular demand: EDDF has moved to 850 format!
http://www.emmerich-j.de/EDDF/EDDF-ELLX.zip

Due to the fact that parser for 850 format airport layouts is nearing perfection we now have again full excess to the wonderfull work of xplane scenery contributors. Quite recently mr. R. Peel and our own D-PAP teamed up and created EDDF in 850 format which is now available for all our valued FlightGear users.

In addition, a fix was commit to GIT for the somewhat dark taxiway lines of the 850 airports. As most of you will be using 2.6 and not the latest unstable, we included this fix in our package. Have a look in the readme how to apply.
Of course ELLX has some new buildings also...

Hope you enjoy it, be the first to land on the new layout tomorrow evening with jomo in the control tower.

Cheers,

Eric

PS for those who use an earlier FG version then 2.6, we suggest not to use the new package, but use the old one here:
http://www.emmerich-j.de/EDDF/EDDF-ELLX_prior850.zip
With the new package, the taxiway lines will show up, but look awfull.
D-EKEW

Postby Sky Flyer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:45 pm

can i be an approach on EDDF or depature...maybe ground controller i'll make a great approach or departure :mrgreen:
Let me know if there are new Airliners coming up from pistons to jets!!!
Favorites: Jet Airliner:Any Easy to handle Jet :) Turboprop Airliner: ATR 42-500/600 Fighter Jet: F-14
looking for a ATC position
Sky Flyer

Callsign: MIA0360/or my plane
Version: 2016.1

Postby jomo » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:46 pm

Sky Flyer wrote in Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:45 pm:can i be an approach on EDDF or depature...maybe ground controller i'll make a great approach or departure :mrgreen:

Do you use FGCOM ?
Are you familiar with ATC-ML ?
Do you know the communication phrases for ATC ?
Have you already flown a few times in EDDF under ATC-Ctrl?
What times are you available?
jomo

Postby DJFJ98 » Sat May 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Hey everyone. I just wanted to talk about a recent experience I had at EDDF. I was flying a 747 8i from Frankfurt to Heathrow. Shortly after takeoff I had engine failure in all four engines. I radioed in and said I had engine failure and needed to return to the airport. At the time Jomo was my air traffic controller. He replied "(call sign) theres plenty of woods to land in." I was absolutely bewildered. I simply said " Really?" He said " What do expect me to do" I replied " I expect you to react properly and guide me safely back to the airport or the nearest airport to me." Sounds like a pretty reasonable expectation right? I then crashed into a hillside about 5-10 miles from EDDF. HE THEN SAID: " (call sign) you are no longer allowed at EDDF fly out of (names nearby airport) from now on!" First of all I don't think I was being very rude. Second of all IM NOT ALLOWED?!?!?! are you kidding me?

Anyone wanna weigh in on this?
DJFJ98

Callsign: GVC0332
Version: 3.0

Postby Trennor_ » Sat May 12, 2012 8:50 pm

DJFJ98 wrote in Sat May 12, 2012 8:34 pm:Hey everyone. I just wanted to talk about a recent experience I had at EDDF. I was flying a 747 8i from Frankfurt to Heathrow. Shortly after takeoff I had engine failure in all four engines. I radioed in and said I had engine failure and needed to return to the airport. At the time Jomo was my air traffic controller. He replied "(call sign) theres plenty of woods to land in." I was absolutely bewildered. I simply said " Really?" He said " What do expect me to do" I replied " I expect you to react properly and guide me safely back to the airport or the nearest airport to me." Sounds like a pretty reasonable expectation right? I then crashed into a hillside about 5-10 miles from EDDF. HE THEN SAID: " (call sign) you are no longer allowed at EDDF fly out of (names nearby airport) from now on!" First of all I don't think I was being very rude. Second of all IM NOT ALLOWED?!?!?! are you kidding me?

Anyone wanna weigh in on this?

I've always felt ATC at EDDF was wanting for formal knowledge of proper procedures. This seems to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. Any reasonable response would have been to do just as you requested; not total abandonment. I don't feel there's any excuse for either of those behaviors, first in attempting to abandon you with flamed out engines, and secondly, attempting to ban you from EDDF. Jomo doesn't own EDDF, even though he's been "controlling" there for a long time, and you're perfectly free to fly out of wherever, whenever you like in the FG world. That said, it is common courtesy to respect the controllers, but respect goes both ways. The controllers have to respect (and have the respect of) the pilots as well. My personal opinion would be to ignore EDDF and fly VATSIM, where at least controllers are trained.
Trennor_

Callsign: C-TREN, CHT0004
IRC name: trennor
Version: 2016.3.1

Postby polly » Sat May 12, 2012 10:36 pm

Your call, Capn, depending what you're in it for. If you're trying to keep it real then, whether or not you get help from ATC, planning for alternate landings in an emergency is your responsibility; with five miles glide maybe a 180 to return was not such a good idea and you should have been declaring a Miracle on the Rhine anyway. Probably doing ATC for a bunch of simmers is like trying to herd cats and is tough enough; you might want to cut them all some slack and pre-arrange if you want to practise pan pan events in company. Best.
polly

Postby DJFJ98 » Sun May 13, 2012 3:05 am

polly wrote in Sat May 12, 2012 10:36 pm:Your call, Capn, depending what you're in it for. If you're trying to keep it real then, whether or not you get help from ATC, planning for alternate landings in an emergency is your responsibility; with five miles glide maybe a 180 to return was not such a good idea and you should have been declaring a Miracle on the Rhine anyway. Probably doing ATC for a bunch of simmers is like trying to herd cats and is tough enough; you might want to cut them all some slack and pre-arrange if you want to practise pan pan events in company. Best.

You DO prove a valid point. I should have planned it a little better. But still to say "Theres plenty of woods to land in" OR "You're no longer allowed at EDDF" is just wrong.
DJFJ98

Callsign: GVC0332
Version: 3.0

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer events