Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events

EDDF-Triangle

Virtual fly-ins, fun flies, competitions, and other group events. Find out details of upcoming events, register for competitions, or organize your own tour of a favorite location.

Re: EDDF-Triangle

Postby AAL545 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:27 pm

No, that is not the actual link from FGMEMBERS.

I know, you misunderstood me.

Here is what's strange though, if I down load from http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/flightgear/f ... aft-trunk/ and put this model in my custom folder,
now when I put this model in /user/.fgfs/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/Aircraft it gets reverted to an older version, strange!!!!
What would you suggest I do here Josh?

AAL4955
AAL545

Postby legoboyvdlp » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:07 pm

Put it in a custom scenery folder, and add it on the add-ons tab of the launcher under additional aircraft folders.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:40 pm

don't put things in the FG maintained directories is the first bit of assistance... FG will maintain those files and remove those that do not match what is available on the servers... this is why you have the ability to have custom scenery and craft...

as for the one getting reverted, that depends on your FG version... FG will try to maintain what you have access to based on what is available for your FG version... if you have 2018.3.1 and you put in a craft that only properly works with FG 2019.1.1 and newer, then it will be reverted... it should be because the newer version of the craft isn't in the 2018.3.1 repo... this stops erroneous issue reports of craft not working because they are using newer capabilities in FG than in the old FG version the user has installed...

you get the same if you try to run older craft, too... many of them won't work because the procedures have changed or been removed in newer FG versions...

the key takeaway here is to use the craft that are valid for your FG...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby AAL545 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:09 pm

Put it in a custom scenery folder, and add it on the add-ons tab of the launcher under additional aircraft folders.

That is exactly the way I do it..

Thanks
AAL4955
AAL545

Postby legoboyvdlp » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:58 pm

Yes, but you put it in a folder Flightgear controls - where it puts aircraft that are in your hangar -- ie that you download in the launcher. Put it elsewhere as wkitty said.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO

Postby WoodSTokk » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:46 pm

You can also add a new hangar in the launcher with the catalog http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/flightgear/ftp/Aircraft-trunk/catalog.xml.
You will than have the official 'stable-2018' hangar and the official 'trunk' hangar (where updates will be pushed from developers).
If a aircraft from the 'trunk' hangar doesn't work well, then it may be that the aircraft need a newer version. In this case, you can install the same (but older) aircraft from the 'stable-2018' hangar.

Hint: to see where a aircraft coming from, hold 'shift' and click on the aircraft. You will see the URL of the hangar.
WoodSTokk

Callsign: SX-W57
IRC name: WoodSTokk
Version: 2020.4.0

Postby Octal450 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:37 pm

Well -- seems the coo-coo can't stop trying to compensate for something...

He now is appearing as EDDFjo2 and basically causing shit for people - as neglecting someone for not saying please - however I have verified that this was the fake jomo, and not the real one.

Hence - please ignore anyone claiming to be jomo who is actually not. Maybe check for the mumble - and also if he is there on days that he should not - like today - Monday!

We also KNOW he is on the FG discord.

Kind Regards,
Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411

Postby AAL545 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:09 pm

I added this as you suggested but it failed, unless it just takes a long time?

AAL4955
AAL545

Postby jomo » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:21 pm

Pls watch out for a new trick of those little idiots - only being able to cheat and lie!

They now start to place ATC-comments into the Flight-Strips and tell that was from jomo! But those idiotic comments are in the line "public comments" , being accessible from every ATC..

My comments are written into the "privat comments" - only readable when I ATC! .

I do not feel sorry for those idiots - but for you - that become cheated in all ways all times!!!
jomo / ATCjomo + EDDFjo + EDDFjo1 + EDDFjo2
ATC at EDDF Fr,Sa,Su,We from 20:00 to 24:00 CET/MEZ., see http://www.emmerich-j.de
jomo

Callsign: jomo EDDFjo1+2

Postby Octal450 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:35 pm

Jesus - whoever this is truly mental problems! Hope he will go to the crazy-house soon!

Kind Regards,
Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411

Postby Kafovofa » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:58 pm

Ugh... Yeah, EDDF was a mess today. I don't know if I was interacting with the real jomo or not, but I do hope I get to see my takeoff next Saturday. Anyway, I've found the active dispatchers around this triangle friendly and convenient in the past well before I bothered to join the forums. That generally makes up for the occasional troll in my book.
-Kafovofa
Kafovofa

Callsign: D-MVXB
Version: Stable

Postby jomo » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:48 am

Pls use mumble:
* it helps to differentiate by voice between me and those idiotic trolls! They usually are cowards and afraid of being recognized!
* it supports you a lot when trying to type and fly the same time
* and it helps me a lot if it becomes crowded and I have to type long text's
--> Try to guide 5 targets same time and explain them what to do and how -- and watch if anyone of those others will be mad because he has to wait for his answers very long.
--> And notice: Non-Mumble users will not notice how crowded (on MP + mumble!) it may be right then!
AND anyhow: It is much more modern e.g. closer to reality (and ATC has a lot more time for you personally!)
jomo / ATCjomo + EDDFjo + EDDFjo1 + EDDFjo2
ATC at EDDF Fr,Sa,Su,We from 20:00 to 24:00 CET/MEZ., see http://www.emmerich-j.de
jomo

Callsign: jomo EDDFjo1+2

Postby Kafovofa » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:31 pm

@jomo:

Ah, yes. I saw that on your website when I glanced at it. I'm glad you bothered to make that, because it should have all the information I need to get that set up sometime soon. Sounds like it's convenient too.
-Kafovofa
Kafovofa

Callsign: D-MVXB
Version: Stable

Postby FED-EX » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:02 pm

Even if you do not agree with the way Jomo behaves, you should not bother a planned and scheduled ATC service like a complete idiot. EDDF is Jomos Airport. You just do not fly to EDDF anymore and good, if you dont like his "service".
But what this guy or guys are doing is just ridiculous and testifies that the guy has no real life. Poor guy!
THE WORLD ON TIME.
FED-EX

Callsign: FDX-98
Version: 2018.3.2

Postby AAL545 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:48 am

But what this guy or guys are doing is just ridiculous and testifies that the guy has no real life. Poor guy!

This is obvious in my mind and why pick EDDF when there are other really nice airports that never have an ATC!!!!!
On the other hand, I don't think this person is capable......

AAL4955
AAL545

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer events