Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events

EDDF-Triangle

Virtual fly-ins, fun flies, competitions, and other group events. Find out details of upcoming events, register for competitions, or organize your own tour of a favorite location.

EDDF-Triangle

Postby jomo » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:40 am

yesterday it just happened that 4 ATCs arranged in one area - and those ATCs agreed it might be a good idea to offer that arrangement on a regular base, most probable on Sundays, 17:00 to 21:00 UTC. We are still in a process of defining it. At least we now have a place (here) to discuss with you guys/girls, the interested "customers". Let us hear from you:

The biggest problem (besides the ones talked about in viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6388 (Multiplayer booking) was already the name:
it started off by saying: it is a "Rhombus"
while actually/mathematically it probably should be a "Trapeze"
and jomo always happened to say "Triangle"

have a look and decide:
I personally vote for "EDDF-Triangle" because it just sounds better, many plans/targets just disappear like in the famous "Bermuda-Triangle" :mrgreen: , and I am sure: Not all 4 ATC-locations will always be available (or sometimes even more!), AND: There are 8 Triangles and only 1 Trapeze! :shock: (count above!)

Also it would be nice to hear if we should keep this as a (to be defined) weekly "open event" (?) as open as it happened yesterday, or put restrictions on it? Like e.g.:
- needed pilot skills (VFR/IFR, ILS, VOR, SID, Stars, Membership, etc. etc. etc. pp). I vote for: None, except being capable of controlling altitude, speed, heading, perform a decent landing, and be able to communicate with ATC :evil: !
- FGCOM, MPchat, Mumble. My opinion: Yesterday it proved that MPchat was heavily overloaded with those 4 locations! FGcom was fine (1 unique freq. for each airport). Mumble probably would be even worse overloaded than MPchat -- so I vote for: None -- but pushing people to install/use FGcom!
- we know the time is not ideal worldwide - but I do not know of any ideal time! I hope some of the "real" pilots get taken by visiting the old central military base "Ramstein" (ETAR) and surroundings. And of course this whole area is just over the vineyards of the best German Wines - just stop and pick a few grapes! :D (But watch out that ATC does not report you to FAA!)

This now is just a Kickoff - we will start to organize a little more. Let us hear your thoughts!
joe (right now I signing for it - because I am not sure all ATC's want to be known by name (yet?)
jomo / ATCjomo + EDDFjo + EDDFjo1 + EDDFjo2
ATC at EDDF Fr,Sa,Su,We from 20:00 to 24:00 CET/MEZ., see http://www.emmerich-j.de
jomo

Callsign: jomo EDDFjo1+2

Re: EDDF-Triangle

Postby LEEKEYS » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:24 pm

"EDDF-Triangle/Rhombus/Trapeze" all would sound fine. I also think "EDDF-Triangle" is the best fit since there are, in fact 8 triangular routes. I believe the hours worked out great since we (ATCs) all happened to arrive in the same time frame. 17:00 - 21:00 looks like it's a suitable time to service around that area. Hopefully everyone (All pilots) will understand that ATCs cannot respond to all of you in a matter of seconds. If most people would agree to use FGCOM, MPchat wouldn't get heavily overloaded and cause problems like it did. Keep in mind that we are still in a process of defining the details, so be patient and stay tuned for more. :D

As we organize and plan a little more, everything should fall into place. Let us hear your thoughts!
Jordan (ETAR Control)
Last edited by LEEKEYS on Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
ATC
Advocate for:
TGA l VSA l MIA

Air Traffic Manager
Virtual Star Alliance
LEEKEYS

Callsign: LEEKEYS, ATCkeys
Version: Stable

Postby Trez » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:40 pm

hi

lol this event was very fun i enjoyed it maybe i could ATC some time

maybe we could make a prize next time for the winner instead of a lolipop :) i was thinking of a Cessna livery as collectibles

COMMENTS: lol as much as i wanted to win i think icecode deserved it. jomo was a little to happy yesterday :D .

i will check if i can ATC (as atcTREZ) today and make a small cessna prize
Trez

Callsign: Trez
Version: 2.8 GIT

Postby AJC » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:02 pm

It is all a very good idea when the traffic is there. Yesterday was a slow start with a ratio of 5:1 ATC:aircraft and later picked up to perhaps 4:6/7. Hopefully this will attract the attention the rhombus should get and the event itself was very good although i hate towers with spinning lights!!

Hope to see you all soon,
ATC_AJC

(EDDF_GND)
Last edited by AJC on Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ATC_AJC
DH-1748
TSA004
Proud member of Tristar Airlines, the leading airline in connecting the Caribbean...
AJC

Callsign: TSA004

Postby AJC » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:04 pm

Or the alternate segment theorem as a name?
ATC_AJC
DH-1748
TSA004
Proud member of Tristar Airlines, the leading airline in connecting the Caribbean...
AJC

Postby icecode » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:09 pm

I personally prefer EDDF Triangle. I will maybe be ATCing in EDFH as EDFH_TW. 5 ATCers would be nice :)
icecode

Version: next

Postby Trez » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:20 pm

i will be at maastricht ehbk
Trez

Callsign: Trez
Version: 2.8 GIT

Postby kyokoyama » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:21 pm

Looks like it'll be a great place to fly!

I'd go for "Triangle" despite its misleading name... Or "Trapezoid", if that's what you meant by the "Trapeze".
What about a 'kite''?
Look for "B-BIRD" "N127KY" or "AVA0004" -that's me.

Despite having over 1700 posts here, I am not even close to being the most skilled guy here... I'm just words and bad drawing, not experience. :P
kyokoyama

Callsign: B-BIRD, N127KY
Version: 2.12.1

Postby Omega » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:38 pm

I had a lot of fun yesterday atcing the aircrafts in EDDK, and we SHOULD do that every weekend :mrgreen:

Here're a few things i want the pilots that flying to or from Koln Bonn follow when i'm atcing in EDDK:
1st. follow instructions (that's the most important)
2nd. when inbound at least 50-60nm out request approach clearence and at the end of it say if you're inbound for ILS approach or visual.
3rd. readback, A LOT of pilots just say a "roger" and they go to heading 330 instead of 130, i don't care that much if they don't readback instructions like a landing clearence (cause it's almost impossible to do while on final).
4th. if you want to start on EDDK, you can start on a runway too, because EDDK doesn't have any parking positions you can start at, but before you start on a runway check the mpmap if any plane is approaching that runway, if yes then spawn to another runway. If you just spawned on a runway and you don't want to depart yet (to file a flightplan, checklists etc.) then just vacate runway and request clearence from me to taxi to the terminal.

And also I'm going to repeat what ATCKeys said. Hopefully everyone (All pilots) will understand that ATCs cannot respond to all of you in a matter of seconds,
and that's because we're all humans and not robots :P .

Cheers,
EDDK_CT.
The engine is the heart of an aeroplane, but the pilot is its soul.
Omega

Callsign: Star,EHAA_CT,MIA0176
IRC name: Omega
Version: GIT

Postby jomo » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:04 am

As discussed here we are now actually announcing the first EDDF-Triangle's event for next Sunday 14 Aug. 2011!

For details see our new homepage: http://www.emmerich-j.de/EDDF/

(The usual EDDF-hours on Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays will continue as usual.)

You are welcome to chase 4 ATC's in close distance and try to do all 4 legs at one day.
joe
jomo / ATCjomo + EDDFjo + EDDFjo1 + EDDFjo2
ATC at EDDF Fr,Sa,Su,We from 20:00 to 24:00 CET/MEZ., see http://www.emmerich-j.de
jomo

Callsign: jomo EDDFjo1+2

Postby Ernest1984 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:26 pm

Nice event. Tell me how can i install FGCOM, i have a mac osx 10.6?
EPWA-hub: ERJ-195 clsgn: ERNIE
-----------------------------------
Around The World with B1900D!
callsign: AROUNDw - currently suspended till the FG will have a proper look on different locations
Ernest1984

Callsign: ERNIE
Version: 2.10

Postby icecode » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:48 pm

http://wiki.flightgear.org/FGCom#Install_on_Mac

FGCom comes with Mac as I can see.
icecode

Version: next

Postby AJC » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:08 pm

Ernest1984 wrote in Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:26 pm:Nice event. Tell me how can i install FGCOM, i have a mac osx 10.6?

Yes agreeing with Icecode the mac should come with the FGcom if you have the right version of FG on the mac. However you may need the address for the server and i believe that if your MP works anyway, by leaving this box blank the system fills it in for you after starting. To use FGcom, hold down 'space' to talk.
Hope this helps a little more :)
ATC_AJC
DH-1748
TSA004
AJC

Postby Arthur Maiden » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:56 am

This sounds like a hell of a good time, especialy as it sounds like a good place and time to practice ATC - Pilot co-operation. and of course for ATC's to brush up their skills.

If this is going to be a regular thing i'll try and make as many flights in the region as i can and maybe bring a few friends along :wink:
FGUK - A FlightGear community in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland
Callsign: G-PHEN
AVA Callsign: AVA0016 - RETIRED
The development of the S92 has infected my Avatar...
Arthur Maiden

Callsign: G-PHEN
Version: GIT

Postby Lukosius » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:41 pm

Great idea for an event Jomo.

Unfortunately though 17:00UTC is 1.00am for me so a little late.

If it started at around 15:00UTC (11pm), I would be a regular.
Callsign: Lukosius (or Lukosiu if you only see 7 characters)
Preferred Aircraft: 777-200ER, 787, IL-96, MD-81, Citation X, B1900d, DHC6, Seneca II
Physical Location: Kalgoorlie, Western Australia
Lukosius

Callsign: Lukosiu, AVA0017
Version: 2_4

Next

Return to Multiplayer events