Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events

EDDF-Triangle

Virtual fly-ins, fun flies, competitions, and other group events. Find out details of upcoming events, register for competitions, or organize your own tour of a favorite location.

Re: EDDF-Triangle

Postby AAL545 » Wed May 30, 2018 6:09 am

Hi Jomo,
On one of your posts you recommended I contact the developer of the aircraft model I'm using, well on the Flightgear website I can't find the developer, it points me to the forum if I can't find what I'm looking for.
If you can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

AAL4955
AAL545

Postby Isaak » Wed May 30, 2018 8:19 am

Hyde is the developer of the 777, but he hasn't been active since september, so currently there's no one actively developing the 777. I did a few efforts to improve the craft myself, let them review and commit by Hyde, but I lack the coding skills to name myself a developer. So I 'm afraid that there's no active developer available to look into this.
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Pronouns: he, him
Callsign: OO-ISA
Version: next

Postby AAL545 » Wed May 30, 2018 4:03 pm

Hyde is the developer of the 777, but he hasn't been active since september, so currently there's no one actively developing the 777.

When the development of an aircraft has stalled does that mean we should have this issue ? (no landing gear or wrong livery)
What I would like Jomo to do if he's willing/ has the time or even possible is to confirm from where he has download the B777.
My aircraft is from "http://www.github.com/FGMEMBERS/777.git" and I have also installed the B777 directly from the FG launcher.
If we can pin this down that we have exactly the same model from the same source and if that doesn't work then I have no idea what to do next.

AAL4955
AAL545

Postby AAL545 » Wed May 30, 2018 5:21 pm

When the development of an aircraft has stalled does that mean we should have this issue ? (no landing gear or wrong livery)
What I would like Jomo to do if he's willing/ has the time or even possible is to confirm from where he has download the B777.
My aircraft is from "http://www.github.com/FGMEMBERS/777.git" and I have also installed the B777 directly from the FG launcher.
If we can pin this down that we have exactly the same model from the same source and if that doesn't work then I have no idea what to do next.

One more thing,
what we should do including myself is keep notes when we make a change that way we'll know what works and what doesn't!

AAL4955
AAL545

Postby PINTO » Wed May 30, 2018 5:44 pm

AAL545 wrote in Wed May 30, 2018 4:03 pm:If we can pin this down that we have exactly the same model from the same source and if that doesn't work then I have no idea what to do next.

It's probably incompatible mp protocol versions.

If one of you is using the old mp protocol, and the other is using the 2017.2+ mp protocol, then you'll see weird things like you've mentioned. This can be set in the mp connect dialogue in-sim.
Actively developing the MiG-21bis (github repo) (forum thread) (dev discord) (fg wiki)

http://opredflag.com is an active flightgear dogfighting community (using a system that isn’t bombable)
PINTO

Callsign: pinto
Version: stable

Postby AAL545 » Wed May 30, 2018 7:40 pm

If one of you is using the old mp protocol, and the other is using the 2017.2+ mp protocol, then you'll see weird things like you've mentioned. This can be set in the mp connect dialogue in-sim.

You'll have to explain in more detail how to set this because I can't find it!!!

AAL4955
AAL545

Postby PINTO » Wed May 30, 2018 8:03 pm

If you're using FlightGear 2017.2.1 or greater, open the MP connect menu.

If it looks exactly like this, then you're using an older version and will need to upgrade your FG:

If it has an additional drop down option for protocol version, then you're set. Both you and Jomo (or whoever) will have to match up protocols.

For more info, check:
http://wiki.flightgear.org/Multiplayer_protocol
http://wiki.flightgear.org/Howto:Transm ... es_over_MP
Actively developing the MiG-21bis (github repo) (forum thread) (dev discord) (fg wiki)

http://opredflag.com is an active flightgear dogfighting community (using a system that isn’t bombable)
PINTO

Callsign: pinto
Version: stable

Postby AAL545 » Wed May 30, 2018 8:13 pm

Dumb me, just found it and I never touch it so it was set as "Visible to all"
Also I'm on FG 2018.1.1 and my drop down looks exactly like your's.

AAL4955
AAL545

Postby AAL545 » Wed May 30, 2018 8:27 pm

Dumb me, just found it and I never touch it so it was set as "Visible to all"
Also I'm on FG 2018.1.1 and my drop down looks exactly like your's.

Dumb me again, it doesn't look like your's, it has the "Compatibility" drop down.
So I'll try 2017+

AAL4955
AAL545

Postby AAL545 » Thu May 31, 2018 2:06 am

I have tried both mp protocol versions on May 30th 2018 and according to Jomo it's still "weird" (Landing gear not right and wrong livery).
I would say its because of different FG versions but this issue happened when I had the same version as Jomo, so that's not it either.
Sorry guys, but I have to say you are wrong regarding MP version. This may show on the film of May 30th 2018 when I selected MP version 2 Jomo didn't even see me,
when I selected MP version 1 Jomo saw me but landing gear not right and wrong livery.
HELP

AAL4955
AAL545

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu May 31, 2018 10:25 am

OpenRadar, last I checked, is not compatible with MP Protocol v2.
Thanks,
Jonathan
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby wkitty42 » Thu May 31, 2018 2:04 pm

AAL545 wrote in Thu May 31, 2018 2:06 am:Sorry guys, but I have to say you are wrong regarding MP version. This may show on the film of May 30th 2018 when I selected MP version 2 Jomo didn't even see me,

that means he's using the old defunct protocol... that means the problem is on his end, not yours... apparently wagnerw hasn't implemented the new protocol in OR yet...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby AAL545 » Thu May 31, 2018 3:17 pm

that means he's using the old defunct protocol... that means the problem is on his end, not yours... apparently wagnerw hasn't implemented the new protocol in OR yet...

I don't follow the version upgrades on MP or Openradar but only FG, all I know is this started happening in February or March shortly after the weather/ openradar and the baby idiot issue.
Not sure if this is related but that's when it started. As I said before this issue was before the release of FG version 2018.1.1.
I also know that it doesn't make a difference from where I download my aircraft or where I install it, the only other thing I can do is do a clean install of FG vs an upgrade.

AAL4955
AAL545

Postby wkitty42 » Thu May 31, 2018 3:31 pm

the MP protocol was modified back in 2017... then a few updates were made to it to fix a couple of problems...

speaking of those problems, it almost sounds like the one where the one craft with multiple noses was being displayed with no nose... this was because they were not defaulting that property to false... since the property was not being sent to the remote, it was defaulting to false over there and they were not seeing the nose at all... once the craft was fixed, the nose reappeared and things have been fine ever since... so where's this going? it is possible that the logic in your craft is backwards for your landing gear and livery selection stuff... i dunno...

remember, the MP protocol has fixed sized packets it sends... if a craft tries to send to much, the packets will be truncated... that could easily lead to problems like this...

as i understand it, craft should be being switched to using Emesary so the problems of the old format may be avoided...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby AAL545 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:53 am

remember, the MP protocol has fixed sized packets it sends... if a craft tries to send to much, the packets will be truncated... that could easily lead to problems like this...

There is a lot of technical info in the previous post and not sure what I'm supposed to do with it.
I guess my question is what can I do about this?
I have written a small simple python script but that's about it, all I can do is keep my system up to date.
Is there a way to control how many packets an aircraft sends over MP, this is over my head so not sure what I can do!

AAL4955
AAL545

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer events