Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events

WW2 warbird meeting

Virtual fly-ins, fun flies, competitions, and other group events. Find out details of upcoming events, register for competitions, or organize your own tour of a favorite location.

Re: WW2 warbird meeting in Southampton 5th of March 15:00 UT

Postby F-VEBR » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:20 pm

Video if the Day...

Should come closer and steady guys :lol:
A good pilot is an alive pilot. -> Building the On This Day in Aviation History <-
F-VEBR

Callsign: F-VEBR
Version: 2_8_0_5

Postby redneck » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:46 pm

If it's not a problem, I'll pop in with the F4U Corsair. I'm not sure how easily I can reach 270 kts at 10,000, though. Will definitely need to use the blower to up my power. I'll try my best to keep up, and it shouldn't be too hard as long as you guys can fly within realistic limits. I'm not gonna trash an engine over this. Oh, and my callsign will be redneck, as usual. For FGCom, make sure you are connecting to mpserver13.flightgear.org as the FGCom server.

Btw, I have the Spit IX and the Zero. What other planes do I need? I looked through the forum, and it looks like there is going to be a bomber as well, but it seems there was a good amount of indecisiveness. Also, I plan to take video as usual, so try to put me in a good spot for capturing other planes.
Call Signs: redneck, ATCredn (unspecified freq atc)
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
Model: Alienware M15x, OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, RAM: 3 GB, CPU: Intel i3 quad core at 2.4 GHz, GPU: Nvidea GeForce GTX 460M 1.5 GB GDDR5
redneck

Version: 240

Postby Jester » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:39 pm

FGCom DNS is back online, by the way.
Jester

Callsign: BA996,Rescue1
IRC name: Jester01
Version: GIT

Postby F-VEBR » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:58 pm

Absolutely no problem...

supposed to be Spit II & IX, Zero, F4-U, P-51... maybe a KI-84 .... if Bomber then it will be me with the Lancaster...

If the LANC is in, the Speed will be at 210 IAS ... Otherwise we'll stick at 230 IAS that's pretty enough i guess .... Don't worry the Corsair will hold that... :D
And i suggest to keep quite low... also for making a low pass over the RW.... sould be a nice shot from TWR...
A good pilot is an alive pilot. -> Building the On This Day in Aviation History <-
F-VEBR

Postby Pat70 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:05 pm

Hi Guys ,

Waouu great and long Vid F-VEBR, Thx a lot it was really fun.
well dunno if i can come closer ! have a look on the pics ! obviously we dont see the same thing on each side, and that is going with the indication of pilot list, i was often at 0.02-0.01 nm while you saw me mostly around 0.04-0.06.
Anyway it was a great time.
Redneck, i am sure F4U will be fine, i dunno for others but with F-VEBR , Palo and Johan we fly around 200 knots . I havnt done my choice of aircraft, i love F4U and Zero but as it supposed to be the Spitfire birthday ... The problem for me with the Spit IX is the landing ! that one is really hard to land except may be on a very very long RW ! so i will decide a bit later..or i will let our dear Wingtipped decide for me :mrgreen: (if he has any preferences).
Pic 1: ready to Take Off (small spit compare to the Lanc.)
Yes, in MP only one propeller is animated !! what a pity for such a great plane ...could someone fix it ??
Adjusting speed and altitude (no AutoPilot used)
Well i dunno who cleaned the rear glass but he used a lot of polish !! its a real mirror
The nose just between the 2 tail Stabs !! oups gonna land on his back
Trying to see my smile in the mirror..is that a piece of salad between my front teeth ?
No gunner at the rear..must be sleeping somewhere
Eh, i can see F-VEBR doing his movie !!
Of Course this one is for Wingtipped !! i think it wont be serious to come closer !
Or just a little little bit for the fun
Everybody turn left !!
Palo coming on the right side of F-VEBR and Johan (SE-JG) protecting our 6 !
Pat (Pat 70 on the forum...) sometimes as Pat2 on the Laptop
Member of the FG Rotor Flying Club http://fgrc.tk/
Pat70

Callsign: Pat
Version: 2

Postby redneck » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:53 pm

Got a problem. For some reason, I get less than 5 fps at that airport. I'm used to getting 30 at most places, and 60 at some if I get lucky. I've done a fresh restart with minimal extra applications open. The problem persists. It looks like I may not be able to join this one.

Maybe some other time....
Call Signs: redneck, ATCredn (unspecified freq atc)
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
Model: Alienware M15x, OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, RAM: 3 GB, CPU: Intel i3 quad core at 2.4 GHz, GPU: Nvidea GeForce GTX 460M 1.5 GB GDDR5
redneck

Version: 240

Postby Sweetgrapes » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:50 pm

But if you can, don`t forget to post your aircraft and youra callsign. and Pat70, that was a nice pic. I`m happy with that distance, and I agree that it`s not too serious to go closer, but we don`t wanna crash into each other, or do we? A challenge for you, try how close you can get to the Lancaster without hitting it.
"A bird can`t damage an engine, but an engine can damage a bird."
Sweetgrapes

Callsign: Wingtip or MIA0049

Postby F-VEBR » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:56 pm

redneck wrote in Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:53 pm:Got a problem. For some reason, I get less than 5 fps at that airport. I'm used to getting 30 at most places, and 60 at some if I get lucky. I've done a fresh restart with minimal extra applications open. The problem persists. It looks like I may not be able to join this one.

Maybe some other time....

Well EGHI is the main point.... But (at least for me) ... i would like to celebrate that with a flight around some great names... as said before there are duxford, biggin hill, manston .... excuse me if i don't list ALL the big names of south east england.... So there might be some other places wher you can join in ???
F-VEBR

Postby Kaptain Krunch » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:16 pm

I am gonna be brave and throw my hat in the ring, just because this is something that's been near and dear to my heart since I was about 7 years old.
My computer tends to crash a lot in MP, but if I play my cards right, sometimes it behaves. I need to get some experience flying around other people anyway.

IF I can be there, I'll be there in a Spitfire IIa. I get a good frame rate with it, and it handles like a dream.
And, just so you know, the vid and the pics above have played no small part in my decision to stop waffling and go for it.
My callsign is KRUNCH.
"You can fool some of the people all of the time, or all of the people some of time, and usually that's good enough."
Kaptain Krunch

Callsign: Krunch
Version: v2

Postby F-VEBR » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:27 pm

welcome on board captain..... I'm around EGHI everyday 11.15 UTC
F-VEBR

Postby Sweetgrapes » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:03 pm

That`s bad news for me because I`m away everyday at 11:15 UTC, exept this Saturday.
"A bird can`t damage an engine, but an engine can damage a bird."
Sweetgrapes

Callsign: Wingtip or MIA0049

Postby Kaptain Krunch » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:13 pm

F-VEBR wrote in Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:27 pm:welcome on board captain..... I'm around EGHI everyday 11.15 UTC

Ah ha! This is good news indeed... I shall try to meet up and see if my system can handle some quality company.
"You can fool some of the people all of the time, or all of the people some of time, and usually that's good enough."
Kaptain Krunch

Callsign: Krunch
Version: v2

Postby F-VEBR » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:56 am

Wingtipped wrote in Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:03 pm:That`s bad news for me because I`m away everyday at 11:15 UTC, exept this Saturday.

otherwise every day for an +/- 1 hour around 16.00 Utc

Until saturday... i'll try to leave the Lanc Flying around (not easy with the laptop) EGHI around 20.00/21.00 Utc

May i suggest this ?
F-VEBR

Postby Johan G » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:06 am

Pat70, Me and someone with the callsign "woddy" and Captain Krunch did some flying a couple of hours ago. Krunch had some problems catching up. Very familiar to me... :wink:

Here's a few screen shots:
Me, Pat and woddy in formation by Johan G, on Flickr

Me and Pat in formation by Johan G, on Flickr

Me and Pat in tight formation by Johan G, on Flickr (Did not last long :wink: )

I'm a bit more busy then usual the rest of the week, so I can't attend the 11:15Z flight today or tomorrow, possibly even friday, but ill be around as much as I can. Practice makes perfect, they say... :wink:
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby F-VEBR » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:15 am

WOW that's really close... :shock: :P

Not sure ..... but did you you try to modify the Mk IX in a Mk V :roll:

like this one
F-VEBR

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer events