Board index FlightGear Support Tools Atlas

New Allas cvs build to FG V2 build has lost palette ??

Atlas is an addon that lets FlightGear users display a real-time "moving-map" of their flight.

New Allas cvs build to FG V2 build has lost palette ??

Postby hca » Thu May 27, 2010 5:26 am

HI,

I have just updated onto a fresh suse11.1 with FG and SG V2 git from a few days ago.
Also 2 new scenery files.

Whilst it bulds ok have an issue with Map and Atlas from the 0.4.2 CVS (current head)

I last built last build 0.3.1 from cvs with FG 1.9.1 jan last year on the same OS with out issue, but i see the verion has moved on.

So to install Atlas its the normal buld sequence, autogen, configure, make, make install. All goes good.

But to generate the map these are the responses:

Map:
Map: Failed to read palette file 'NONE/lib/FlightGear/Atlas/Palettes/default.ap'

OR
Map --atlas=/usr/local/share/FlightGear/data/Atlas
Map: Failed to read palette file 'NONE/lib/FlightGear/Atlas/Palettes/default.ap'

Atlas does the same type of thing.

So i have a dig and have these observations:

The Atlas dir in FG data not is not created after the make install.
Nor is there anything new in /user/local/lib or include.
The binaries are in /usr/local/bin however.

But after runing map it hass created the Atlas dir in FG/data with a few empty numbered dirs in it.

Even if I copy the palette and font dirs from the install src in to data/Atlas I get:

Map --atlas=usr/local/share/FlightGear/data/Atlas --fg-root=usr/local/share/FlightGear/data --fg-scenery=usr/local/share/FlightGear/scenery
Map: Failed to read palette file 'usr/local/share/FlightGear/data/Atlas/Palettes/default.ap'

During compile i notice "NONE" as in this line:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I/usr/local//include -g -O2 -DFGBASE_DIR='"NONE/lib/FlightGear"' -MT Palette.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/Palette.Tpo -c -o Palette.o Palette.cxx

Then make install does not write any thing at all in the /usr/local/include dir as i expected.

but if you look close again at the line option g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I/usr/local//include , I dont think the // is correct?

I dont know where this came from, its in the make files on this line CPPFLAGS = -I/usr/local//include
and in the configure .log file.

A quick look at the FG2 buld and CPPPLAGS has omly 1 / in the make files

If i run ./configure then check the out put half way through it has although it exits normally

Plib not specified
libcurl not specified
SimGear not specified
OpenSceneGraph not specified
FlightGear base package location not specified
Default NONE/lib/FlightGear

Again I am not sure what to make of these lines, but these progas are all installed and work fine. I guess the "NONE" is relevant to the preceding line?

This is makefile creation area a out off my depth, and also I am not sure if its a problem of compatibility between the 2 current cvs heads?

Hopefully I have given enough info the someone can please help out?

Harry
hca

Re: New Allas cvs build to FG V2 build has lost palette ??

Postby hca » Thu May 27, 2010 6:29 am

All,

Problem solved

I have rerun the set environmentals, at least I think I ran them after the FG install, but maybe as root, not a user.

It all checks out hooked up to FG.

export FG_ROOT=/usr/local/share/FlightGear/data
export FG_SCENERY=/usr/local/share/FlightGear/scenery

Harry
hca

Return to Atlas