Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

Runway skid marks

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

Re: Runway skid marks

Postby IceMan2 » Wed May 13, 2009 4:18 pm

here is a pic while i upload the video :D

Untitled 10-11-14.jpg
IceMan2

Postby Zan » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:39 am

Hi!

I remembered this old(?) topic and had to register, because few days ago I got this idea to overlay runways with skidmarks. Here is a screenshot of what I got (the texture is bad, but you should get the idea).

http://users.tkk.fi/~lapelto2/fgfs/fgfs-skidmarks.jpg (edit: the image was a bit too big, so here's the link instead)

It works by shifting the texture coordinates of the runway and then using an effect to overlay the skidmarks image. I used my blender importer&exporter to do the work, so that's why there is some gaps and errors. But the image spawns across multiple runway elements.

So + sides would be: Possible to have multiple different skid marks. Few or many, long or short etc.
and -: Needs modifications to genapt & rebuilding of the airports, might lose texture precision (but I don't think so). And needs the shader effect (without it the runway looks like it used to do).
Zan

Postby erik » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:43 am

Hey that's not bad at all. Good work!

Erik
Current: Parachutist, Paraglider, Pterosaur, Pilatus PC-9M and variants, ERCO Ercoupe, Fokker Dr.1, Fokker 50, Fokker 100
Less active: Cessna T-37, T-38, Santa Claus. Previous: General Dynamics F-16. Worked on: Wright Flyer
erik

Postby Liam » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:38 am

Thats a really simple but effective idea, with a small bit of work it would be awesome. Is there a way that this could be implements to automatically overlay on every runway in the scenery? or would they need to be added one by one in taxidraw/scenery models, or is it part of the shaders?.
Liam

Callsign: Liam
Version: GIT

Previous

Return to Scenery