Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events

FGRC Event #2

Virtual fly-ins, fun flies, competitions, and other group events. Find out details of upcoming events, register for competitions, or organize your own tour of a favorite location.

Re: FGRC Event #2

Postby Muffinman » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:01 pm

Sorry! It would have been come if I had remembered to download the relevant scenery tile! :oops: :( I did watch you guys fly around on the mpmap though! :D

EDIT: Change grammar error
EDIT 2: Change size of first EDIT text
Last edited by Muffinman on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My personal livery collection. Specializing in Star Alliance and oneworld airlines and logojets.
Muffinman

Callsign: N626CM
Version: 2020.1.3

Postby Johan G » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:31 pm

Muffinman wrote in Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:01 pm:...if I had remembered to download the relevant scenery tile! :oops: :(

Been there done that. :( Not as bad as getting there there one day late though... :oops: Shit happens! :wink:
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby redneck » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:53 pm

I forgot about this one. Sorry.
Call Signs: redneck, ATCredn (unspecified freq atc)
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
Model: Alienware M15x, OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, RAM: 3 GB, CPU: Intel i3 quad core at 2.4 GHz, GPU: Nvidea GeForce GTX 460M 1.5 GB GDDR5
redneck

Version: 240

Postby DutchPilotMitchell » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:42 am

Maybe you should change the monthly event to an event around 2 weeks. I think a month is a bit long
Proud to be Dutch.
DutchPilotMitchell

Callsign: mitchel
Version: 22

Postby Pat70 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:01 pm

Hi Guys,
Hi Mitchell,

Well first of all i took time before writing as i was like Jack a bit disgusted last saturday. Jack did a lot of efforts to release a new event and we were only 3 people (including Himself). The scenario was fun even if we did not complete it (too late for me, sorry, really sincerely sorry Jack). It was challenging to fly the UH1 there and try to follow the CH47.

Well, i am sad that we dont get more people , i know that the season (exams, vacations, Sun :) ) is may be not the best one.
What about an event every 2 weeks ?? i dont get it as a good idea. Many people are enthusiastic to come to event to fly Helis...but when the day approach there is nobody there !!
First FGRC event was made of 3 participants only,
Second FGRC was only 2 participants !!
so do you really think having 1 event every 2 weeks will help ? i guess no....
i dont really understand why people didnt came as the FGRotor Club got almost 22 members, and we have many replies at each post of a new event ? may be someone here has the answer ?
Also , These event are not only done of Flying from A to B....then people/participants need to do a bit of efforts :) , downloading the package, a bit of installation and so on. Each time we did our best to release the package soon enough, with really clear instructions, easy to install easy to remove :) but seems that people wait last second to download. Thats also a bit surprising.
Finally as its not only Flying from A to B (that you can do any day in MP mod) , we (so far Jack and I) spend some time to find the best place, locate all the stuff, create scenario, package and so on. I do not have personally the time nor the ideas to release a Scenario every 2 weeks !!
The next event FGRC3 is under heavy work, should be finished soon. It took me long time to prepare it, find good ideas, create some models, write a bit of Nasal....find some fun and challenging stuff to do for the participants and so on.
i Guess, it will be 2-3 participants again, well doesnt matter, i took pleasure to prepare FGRC1 and 3, and some people appreciate the scenario. This is the most important.
So, end of the post here as i am getting more and more acidic ...and probably too much sarcastic if i go on.
Cheers
Pat
Pat (Pat 70 on the forum...) sometimes as Pat2 on the Laptop
Member of the FG Rotor Flying Club http://fgrc.tk/
Pat70

Callsign: Pat
Version: 2

Postby redneck » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:42 pm

Well, for one thing, I couldn't find anywhere where the time the event was to be held was posted. So, even if I hadn't forgotten about it, I probably wouldn't have showed up anyway, simply b/c I had no idea when I was supposed to show up. I got the package at least two weeks before the day of the event, and started practicing in the UH-1 to make sure I could handle it okay for the event. I checked several times for a time, and found no post, no change in title, no indication at all as to when the event was to take place. The only thing I found that even came close was a 2 hour warning. By then, I had already stopped looking for when the event was to be held, and forgotten about it. I am certain that, had that not been the case, I would have remembered, and would have made it.
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
Model: Alienware M15x, OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, RAM: 3 GB, CPU: Intel i3 quad core at 2.4 GHz, GPU: Nvidea GeForce GTX 460M 1.5 GB GDDR5
redneck

Postby jack » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:31 pm

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12379&start=15#p128824

Well, I see the mistakes I made this time in the planning, but next time I won't mess up. I've worked out a whole procedure on announcing the events that I believe will be most effective and efficient.
For Military Aircraft, Scenery, and more, visit http://alphashangar.co.nr/

'Retired' from FlightGear as of July 2011. You can contact me via my website if you'd like to pick up any old projects.
jack
Retired

Callsign: Alpha-J, Rescue1
Version: GIT

Postby redneck » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:57 pm

That's a question. I was waiting for a solid confirmation of when it would be.
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
redneck

Previous

Return to Multiplayer events