Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

F5E Tiger II All New Update  Topic is solved

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: F5E Tiger II All New Update

Postby Zexe » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:48 am

isix wrote:Who make the splashscreen, Zexe? Very nice!!!

Michat! :D :D :D :D
Zexe
AIRPORTS: CYYJ, KHAF, RJTT, KEYW
PLANES: m33, grob115, pa22, Goose, MD-81, Velocity-XL, Rallye, F-5E Tiger II, Bocian,
Zexe

Postby Jetman. » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:55 pm

This thing flies nicely! And I love the new HUD! Very impressive. Im using 1.9.1, and no problems here! :)
Favorite Aircraft: Pretty much all military aircraft.

FG videos on YouTube! Choose the FlightGear playlist!
http://www.youtube.com/user/ParasiteQueen1

SPECS
8GB RAM 1600Mhz DDR3
AMD A8-5500 Quad @ 3.2Ghz Turbo 3.7Ghz
Zotac GTX 750Ti 2GB GDDR5
Jetman.

Callsign: Jetman
Version: 3.2

Postby Zexe » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:12 pm

The new HUD, might be overkill, but quite handy and great for planes that lack certain cockpit features. The bar on the left is actually the elevator trim, and the bar on the bottom is the rudder slider. "T" stands for Throttle, "G" gload, "A" for Angle of Attack. Other things should be straight forward. What you don't see is the warning indicators. So far the warnings are , Terrain, Low Fuel, and AoA. Sound warnings are , gear not down.
Zexe
PLANES: m33, grob115, pa22, Goose, MD-81, Velocity-XL, Rallye, F-5E Tiger II, Bocian,
Zexe

Postby isix » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:08 pm

Bahhhhh! Muito tri!! (as is common to say here in Rio Grande do Sul). Very nice! Great job, Zexe! The F-5E is so happy now with you :D
===========================================================================
PRESTES Hangar - http://presteshangar.wikidot.com - http://presteshangar.blogspot.com
PORTO ALEGRE - BRAZIL
MP Callsign: PR-PRE - "In Thrust We Trust...."
isix

Postby Zexe » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:02 pm

isix wrote:Bahhhhh! Muito tri!! (as is common to say here in Rio Grande do Sul). Very nice! Great job, Zexe! The F-5E is so happy now with you :D

Well, I should be thanking you and Dave for the original! :D Demo video up. It's raw footage no editing.

There is a mistake in the HUD. BRG is frozen because it indicates the desired leg and not the magnetic bearing. I fixed it, but will release the fix in the next update....maybe tomorrow? :P
Zexe
Zexe

Postby Zexe » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:22 pm

Anyone know how I might be able to get in touch with Lee Elliot?
Zexe
Zexe

Postby Zexe » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:16 am

Zexe
Zexe

Postby Farmboy » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:56 am

Zexe,

Great video's. Make sure you post them up on the FlightGear Facebook page, so that everyone gets a good idea of the capabilities of both FlightGear, and your new F-5!

Thanks,
Peter
Horsepower is just an illusion. Torque is the true answer.
Farmboy

Location: NorthEast New York State, and the rest of New England....

Postby redneck » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:04 am

Funny you should add a display in the HUD for the AP settings considering nearly all the pitch control functions are broken. The only one that works is pitch hold/speed hold with pitch. Are you going to tune the AP?
Btw, I LOVE the heavy breathing stuff. Makes it so much more interesting.
Call Signs: redneck, ATCredn (unspecified freq atc)
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
Model: Alienware M15x, OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, RAM: 3 GB, CPU: Intel i3 quad core at 2.4 GHz, GPU: Nvidea GeForce GTX 460M 1.5 GB GDDR5
redneck

Version: 240

Postby Zexe » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:05 am

Farmboy wrote:Zexe,

Great video's. Make sure you post them up on the FlightGear Facebook page, so that everyone gets a good idea of the capabilities of both FlightGear, and your new F-5!

Thanks,
Peter

I do put them up on the FG FB page. Just haven't gotten around doing this video yet. :D
Zexe
Zexe

Postby Zexe » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:19 am

redneck wrote:Funny you should add a display in the HUD for the AP settings considering nearly all the pitch control functions are broken. The only one that works is pitch hold/speed hold with pitch. Are you going to tune the AP?
Btw, I LOVE the heavy breathing stuff. Makes it so much more interesting.

Hmm....weird....did I mention this is for FG 2.0? All my testers haven't had any problems with the AP function (FG 2.0), everything from vertical-hold down to glideslope functions quite well. Everything else works well also. Indeed it would have been weird to add AP display in the HUD if it didn't work, but it does work (well at least on my system), which is why I implemented it on the HUD. :) I'll post the my latest version soon, but I dunno if that'll fix anything since I haven't touched the AP file yet. Maybe I'll do that next. :) Ohh...i think I know what you mean....in my experience, the vertical , alt hold AP functions quite poorly, it needs a lot of 'guidance' before you can turn it on or else AP will always over-steer/over-compensate the pitch and or turn. But it does work, just need practice. Best speed for AP is around 250 ~ 300kts. Above 400kts you'll get mad oscillation, below 250kts, well you'll be more busy sweating while checking your AoA doesn't exceed the limit with AP on.

redneck wrote:Btw, I LOVE the heavy breathing stuff. Makes it so much more interesting.

I was considering using a female voice for the breathing, but the closest thing I got wasn't the thing I wanted. It ended up sounding like a squirrel choking on a nut. Plus, a female heavy breathing might sound like something else... :P ...just a little fun.

**EDIT the F-5E uses the generic autopilot, and I guess that was meant for slower planes. I'll study the AP syntax and see what I can tweak to make it work better. -Zexe
Zexe
Zexe

Postby redneck » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:56 pm

Ah, the generic AP. No wonder :lol: See, I haven't done my loop test to find best maneuvering speed for this aircraft, and I simply assumed it would be about 400 kts. Obviously, the AP can't handle that speed, and now I know why. I think all of Dave's planes use the generic AP. Like he's concerned only with getting the FDM just right, which isn't wrong. It just leaves the plane ever so slightly incomplete IMO.
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
Model: Alienware M15x, OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, RAM: 3 GB, CPU: Intel i3 quad core at 2.4 GHz, GPU: Nvidea GeForce GTX 460M 1.5 GB GDDR5
redneck

Postby Ernest1984 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:42 pm

Zexe wrote:Plus, a female heavy breathing might sound like something else... :P

And that's great! ;)
EPWA-hub: ERJ-195 clsgn: ERNIE
-----------------------------------
Around The World with B1900D!
callsign: AROUNDw - currently suspended till the FG will have a proper look on different locations
Ernest1984

Callsign: ERNIE
Version: 2.10

Postby Zexe » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:34 pm

A quick fix for the AP, still not perfect but better than before. As speed increases, AP will compensate for the rate of climb, so the faster you go, the slower it may seem that you are climbing. I found that a good solid ascending speed is around 300 ~350kts. Vertical hold is a bit better however I do encourage handling the stick at all times. :wink:
Install in the F-5E Systems folder and then you must edit the path in all the -set.xml files, which can be found in the main F-5E folder.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16442048/F-5EAP.xml
Zexe
Zexe

Postby redneck » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:37 pm

Thanks. It works a little better now. Still oscillates at speeds of at least 400 KIAS, however, but great for a long, slow approach.
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
redneck

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft