Board index FlightGear Support Hardware

Extreme 3D Pro Button Assignment

Joysticks, pedals, monitors.

Extreme 3D Pro Button Assignment

Postby DAR870 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:22 pm

Hi everybody,

I know this problem has been asked before, but I have yet to find an answer I can use in the forums. I am hoping someone will recognize the problem and point me in the right direction.

This is the contents of $fgroot/joysticks.xml
<!--
<js-named include="Input/Joysticks/Local/X45-modified.xml"/>
-->
<js n="0" include="Input/Joysticks/Logitech/extreme-3d-pro.xml"/>

</Property List

Joystick information reports the name of joystick#0 as "Logitech Logitech Extreme 3D". The driver used is /usr/share/FlightGear/Input/Joysticks/Logitech/wingman-extreme-digital-3d.xml

The problem is my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick does not have the proper button assignment. Buttons 3 and 5 operate the mixture control !

I had this problem solved before I had to remove FlightGear because of a space issue and have been unable to resolve it again. I am using Ubuntu 10.4.

Can someone help me?

Thanks

DAR
DAR870

Re: Extreme 3D Pro Button Assignment

Postby sim » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:36 am

Can't help directly DAR870, as mine is AV8R and on windows. From what you say the problem is FG mis-identifies your stick so buttons are mis-numbered? Joystick XMLs are not too difficult to build yourself once you know what number FG allocates to each button, axis etc. Take a look at my AV8R tester in the recent post. You could rename it "default" for now and use it in place of the default joystick in FG. Whenever you press a button or use an axis it will tell you what button it "sees" by a GUI pop-up on your screen. If it gets the wrong number, correct it in the xml/page/view source/notepad ! Then go back to the joystick xml you wish to use (Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick?) and transfer the functions to the relevant buttons etc. NOTE axis 5 does not exist in my windows xml so first change axis 6 & 7 to 5 & 6.
Hope I'm not barking up the wrong tree or have got hold of the wrong end of the :lol: stick
sim

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11151437/Saitek%20AV8R%20TESTER.zip

Or if you don't enjoy messing about just rename xml of your Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick "default" !

PS have you checked js_demo to ensure you are naming correctly? Your Upper & Lower case letters are correct?
sim

Callsign: Fly4Fun
Version: 0.9.10 up

Re: Extreme 3D Pro Button Assignment

Postby DAR870 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:35 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,Sim. I went back and checked everything again and I found an error in the joysticks.xml file. The right driver is loaded now and everything is hunky-dory.

DAR
DAR870

Return to Hardware