Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

Scenery webtools (adding, editing, deleting objects&models).

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

Re: Scenery webtools (adding, editing, deleting objects&mode

Postby VicMar » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:46 pm

Hi All Model Makers and Placers,

I'd just like to remind you that:
1. When placing some shared models, you can include them all on 1 Massive Import form up to a maximum of 100 items. Using a separate input for each item makes more work for you and the validator.

2. When submitting a new model, there is no need to include an .xml file unless it is needed to animate, switch-texture, or light up the model. Some modellers are including an .xml file which only gives 'Range", This is NOT needed.

Cheers,

Vic.
Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana
VicMar

Callsign: VicMar
Version: 2018.3.1

Postby ludomotico » Tue May 27, 2014 5:06 pm

Is the "massive upload" working? I know it worked yesterday, but today I cannot go further than the last step.

In the last page, when objects have been checked and the message "No errors have been found in your submission, all fields have been checked and seem to be OK to be proceeded. Press to button below to finish your submission." appears, if I click on "submit objects" , instead of the usual confirmation page a degenerated table showing only a row with the first object appears.

I prefer not doing more tests in case the data is correctly submitted and the same objects are inserted several times into the database :)

Browsers: Iceweasel 24 and Google Chrome 34.
ludomotico

Version: nightly

Postby flyingfisch » Tue May 27, 2014 6:34 pm

Don't know if the host is the issue, but I run PHP/SQL apps using openshift's hosting (by Red Hat), and they have been pretty reliable. ;)
Beechcraft A35 Bonanza
Wiki Page
GitHub Repo
Improving the 737-300
Forum Thread
All my projects
flyingfisch

IRC name: ffisch
Version: 3.0

Postby f-ojac » Tue May 27, 2014 6:52 pm

It's not only PHP and SQL behind, there's much more hosted there (mapserver, terragear and fgelev tools, geodata, etc...).
f-ojac

Version: GIT

Postby JVC » Tue May 27, 2014 8:54 pm

ludomotico wrote in Tue May 27, 2014 5:06 pm:Is the "massive upload" working? I know it worked yesterday, but today I cannot go further than the last step.

In the last page, when objects have been checked and the message "No errors have been found in your submission, all fields have been checked and seem to be OK to be proceeded. Press to button below to finish your submission." appears, if I click on "submit objects" , instead of the usual confirmation page a degenerated table showing only a row with the first object appears.

I prefer not doing more tests in case the data is correctly submitted and the same objects are inserted several times into the database :)

Browsers: Iceweasel 24 and Google Chrome 34.

Hi Ludomotico,

Thank you very much for reporting this bug. I indeed made a mistake in my commit yesterday. It is now fixed but unfortunately, your submission was stopped because of my bug so we haven't received it. I really apologize for this inconvenience, really sorry, Hoping that it won't stop you from submitting again!

Cheers,

Julien
JVC

Postby ludomotico » Tue May 27, 2014 11:09 pm

JVC wrote in Tue May 27, 2014 8:54 pm:Hoping that it won't stop you from submitting again

Certainly not!

Thank you very much for the quick fix!
ludomotico

Version: nightly

Postby D-ABBA » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:48 pm

Hi architects of FGFS Scenery,

I am very happy about the possibility to create the scenery of FlightGear. No online game have so options to form the game world as FGFS.

You are know that I am active in creating buildings for airports. I using google sketchup for creating 3-D models..

How can me tell me a tool to recreate an .ac file in google sketchup readable format? This addon is fundamental for me. In my custom scenery are
the airport LSZH and EDDN too. But no able to set as static model for terrasync, while multi-models (exp.: more as one buildings for an whole terrain).
So I am able to split the multimodels in single models to take this at terrasync.

Best wishes to Martin Spott for his support in the past.

D-ABBA with his strange english

(Visit my airports: EDXW,EDGS,EDFQ,ED03,EDFE,EDFH and last but not least ELLX.EDFL are my nexts single engine airfield)
D-ABBA

Callsign: D-ABBA

Postby VicMar » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:20 am

Hi D-ABBA,

There is a SketchUp to .ac exporter.

If you go to my Weebly web site (see signature) you can download it from the 'Download' page.

It needs to be placed in the SketchUp add-ons directory/folder.

HTH

Vic
Time flies like an arrow
VicMar

Postby D-ABBA » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:37 pm

Hi Vic,

thanks for your responce.

I mean an tool or addon :

buildingname.ac -----> in a Sketchup readable file -----> buildingname.skp

D-ABBA
D-ABBA

Callsign: D-ABBA

Postby VicMar » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:19 am

Hi D_ABBA,

There isn't a tool to convert a .ac file into a .skp file, but you can do it as reverse engineering through Blender.

You need to import the .ac file into Blender, then export it from Blender as a file type SketchUp can import.

The resulting .skp file is often reduced to 10% size, so you need to scale it back up to work on it.

Vic
Time flies like an arrow
VicMar

Postby spencer.james » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:31 pm

I have been populating my local airport with some of the local landmarks that are generic (hangars, runway warning lights etc) before attempting to model the terminal building for inclusion - but that is another day!

I have loaded for instance, some runway warning lights at the end of the taxiway onto the main runway. However I had to reposition them as they were slightly off point. So moved to the right position, however I can see the new ones in the right place, and also the old ones in the old position.

Any ideas how to update the scenery with the correct placements, rather than seeing both?

ErinAir

Project Ireland - Republic of and Northern Ireland Airports - http://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26292 - Coming soon
spencer.james

Callsign: ErinAir
Version: 3.4

Postby f-ojac » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:09 pm

Use mapserver.flightgear.org , enter your airport code in Airport Code, ICAO, click on ICAO.
Then, in the URL showing, replace "map" by "popmap" for instance http://mapserver.flightgear.org/popmap/ ... 36&zoom=12
Then zoom on the red dots until you see them change as arrows.
Then click on update.
f-ojac

Postby spencer.james » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:41 pm

Hi f-ojac

If this was meant for myself, sorry I did not make myself clear. I did that action, even deleting and replacing the wrong items, so now I have duplicates of the same items showing. The original wrongly positioned ones, and then those that are correct.

ErinAir

Project Ireland - Republic of and Northern Ireland Airports - http://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26292 - Coming soon
spencer.james

Postby f-ojac » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:07 am

Can you give an ICAO code or show them to me on mapserver?
f-ojac

Postby spencer.james » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:26 pm

Sure thing, its EGAE - Eglington/Derry Airport.

Would it hurt to delete the folder with the downloaded terrain data and redownload? I have hit refresh scenery when in flight mode, but it is still the same as before.

ErinAir

spencer.james

PreviousNext

Return to Scenery