Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

RJGG - Chubu Centrair - Japan

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

Re: RJGG - Chubu Centrair - Japan

Postby El Flauta » Sat May 07, 2011 9:05 am

Don't forget my japanese friends in Chile, Horacio :wink: I still studing japanese language and calligraphy; i can help, too
Vive FlightGear! Have you a Ñ on your keyboard? Spain-LatinAmerica FlightGear community!
--
PZL M18B Dromader
CASA C-101 Aviojet
Cessna 337G Skymaster
El Flauta

Callsign: CC-FLT
Version: 3

Postby Upkeep » Sat May 07, 2011 10:50 am

Dear Horacio:

You have done some wonderful work here. Well done!
I hope you might be able to assit me getting it going.
I am however having difficulty getting the airport to work for me and clearly I have installed it incorrectly. I wonder if you could help me by telling me what I am doing wrong:
I am running GIT
1. Put the whole Airport-RJGG folder in my fgdata/Models folder, so it appears as a folder between the Airport and Boundaries folders
2. I put all the files from your e136n34 folder into my existing e136n34 folder in my Scenery/Terrain/ e130n30 folder, replacing the existing files.

I then ran FG but when it loaded up I could only see the aircraft, lights and a couple of hangers. No terminal.

I had another go and put the Airport-RJGG file in the fgdata/Models/Airport folder. No luck
So I tried again and tried a third option of putting all the files that appear in Airport-RJGG folder into the Airport folder (as separate files). But no luck.

I know I am doing something wrong as everyone else can make it work (which of course makes me look very stupid!!).

So I would be grateful for any advice if you have time. I expect it is all very obvious!

Thank you so much for your help.

PS: I also had dificulty downloading but after a few attempts I got it to work.
Upkeep

Postby Sealbhach » Sat May 07, 2011 1:33 pm

I had that problem too with Git. What you need to do is go to your preferences.xml, find the line:

Code: Select all
<use-custom-scenery-data type="bool">true</use-custom-scenery-data>

and change true to false. Then you should be able to see the buildings.

Sealbhach

Postby Upkeep » Sat May 07, 2011 2:00 pm

Thanks a lot Sealbhach. Yes you are right. Worked fine now. Thanks very much for helping me on this.

All the best

Upkeep.
Upkeep

Postby penta » Sat May 07, 2011 4:48 pm

horacio wrote in Sat May 07, 2011 4:09 am:I have already developed Atago Green Hills Forest tower, and I'm seeing its best developed than currently used one.

Actual one:

My model:

Now you did it justice! my model was pretty bad...eheheh
If you're looking for Tokyo buildings photos, take a look to my flickr album (look also for tokyo building and tokyo tags). If you find something useful, just tell me and I will be glad to release the textures you need under GPL.
penta

Version: Git

Postby Gijs » Sat May 07, 2011 8:37 pm

Nice release Horacio! Thanks to your endless efforts and graphical skills!
I'll defenitely try to finish the mainland soon, so Sealbhach can record a video featuring proper approach scenery!
toshi wrote in Sat May 07, 2011 2:50 am:Kansai International Airport (RJBB) has not been developed.

I volunteer for taking care of the terrain! ;)
VicMar wrote in Fri May 06, 2011 8:48 am:
Sealbhach wrote:the wake of the ship is coming in on to the runway... I wonder how I could move it?
I think you would have to find the ship's AI demo file, then go to it's flightplan and move the relevant way points to take it away from the runway.

The problem here is that FlightGear does not take "object radius" into account when positioning random objects. FlightGear only checks if the center of the ship is at a "water tile". It does not know how close to shore it positions the ship, nor does it know that some parts of the ship are stranded into an island or so. The same happened to building-clusters in FG 2.0 (these clusters will be gone in 2.2.0): http://code.google.com/p/flightgear-bug ... ail?id=145
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby horacio » Sun May 08, 2011 1:37 am

El Flauta wrote in Sat May 07, 2011 9:05 am:Don't forget my japanese friends in Chile, Horacio :wink: I still studing japanese language and calligraphy; i can help, too

Of course!! you're always the first one to know the progress of my projects, so your helps is always useful.

penta wrote:Now you did it justice! my model was pretty bad...eheheh
If you're looking for Tokyo buildings photos, take a look to my flickr album (look also for tokyo building and tokyo tags). If you find something useful, just tell me and I will be glad to release the textures you need under GPL.

Thanks a lot, penta!!! your photos are a great help for develop textures. And the main lines of your model are good. It's just too much "fat and short". So, would you like to take care of re-texturing my model with your previous textures used ones?. Now I have no time to spend on this buildings. If you cannot, I can give the file to anyone who would like to re-textur, and replace it on FG database.

Gijs wrote:Nice release Horacio! Thanks to your endless efforts and graphical skills!
I'll defenitely try to finish the mainland soon, so Sealbhach can record a video featuring proper approach scenery!

Thanks and good for next release of terrain. Will be very good.

Gijs wrote:I volunteer for taking care of the terrain! ;)

I'm envisioning a development team? ;) hehehe...
HORACIO CONTRERAS
El Hangar de Horacio
... ¿y dónde está el Teniente Bello?

Callsign: CC-HCR
Version: 2

Postby HanselVB » Mon May 23, 2011 6:49 pm

I have the same problem as Upkeep, and I tried to solve it by changing "true" to "false", but the problem is still not solved...

EDIT: Is there not even one person who would like to help...
Nothing better than the elegance of flying.
HanselVB

Version: 240

Postby Trez » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:30 pm

hello Horaico

this is wonderfull work! are you still working on this? if not i would be honored if you'd make tncc Curacao hato international airport the TSA main hub
Trez

Callsign: Trez
Version: 2.8 GIT

Postby Figaro » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:00 am

Tristar, isn't that your project? Why stop now?
Figaro

Callsign: 4L-FIG

Postby Trez » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:35 pm

due to lack of info and time and do to a minor dissapointment
Trez

Callsign: Trez
Version: 2.8 GIT

Postby Figaro » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:26 pm

Well ask for help then.
Figaro

Postby horacio » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:30 pm

Tristar wrote in Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:30 pm:hello Horaico

this is wonderfull work! are you still working on this? if not i would be honored if you'd make tncc Curacao hato international airport the TSA main hub

Thanks a lot. I'm not working more on RJGG nor give support. Have already sent PM to you.
HORACIO CONTRERAS
El Hangar de Horacio
... ¿y dónde está el Teniente Bello?

Callsign: CC-HCR
Version: 2

Postby toshi » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:34 am

I'm very happy if someone can make a contribute to reflect horacio's great work to FlightGear scenery database.
I don't know how to do it.

I'm also happy if someone can create a new runway on RJTT (Tokyo International Airport), which is the most major airport in Japan.
FlightGear shows RJTT runways of 04/22, 16L/34R, 16R/34L, but doesn't show runway 05/23 that was opened in Oct. 2010.
toshi

Postby Figaro » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:22 am

^^ actually, isn't Tokyo Narita (RJAA) the most important. ;)
Figaro

PreviousNext

Return to Scenery