Board index FlightGear The FlightGear project

proflightsimulator.com

Questions about the FlightGear organisation, website, wiki etc.

Re: proflightsimulator.com

Postby Kaptain Krunch » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:32 am

redneck wrote in Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:25 am:I know, yet I can't help but cringe a little bit every time he refers to FG as a game.

I am reminded how NOT a game it is every time I try to land my damn planes... :evil:
"You can fool some of the people all of the time, or all of the people some of time, and usually that's good enough."
Kaptain Krunch

Callsign: Krunch
Version: v2

Postby FGoldbatch » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:05 pm

I know I'm bringing back a month-old topic, but anyway...

We can also put something similar to this in Flightgear that triggers if any mention of "Flightgear" is changed to something else, especially in fgfs.exe:

And just imagine the company who made this choosing the NYSE to accelerate their business as well as a "Photorealistic Flight Simulator" which claims to be a 100% exact replica of the real world, right down to people walking on sidewalks near airports, the weather, even the current traffic at the airport, you fly every known aircraft ever, the airliners even come with working IFE systems, but it is actually a direct copy of Flightgear except for the name.
Last edited by FGoldbatch on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FGoldbatch

Version: 2_4

Postby Quadunit404 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:12 pm

The only problem with that?

The "creators" of ProFlightSimulator/FlightProSim/Three random flight-related words pulled out of a dictionary won't update "their" product. Ever.
Quadunit404

Postby FGoldbatch » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:19 pm

I heard that on Ebay, someone was disgusing Flightgear as MSFS 2004.
FGoldbatch

Postby Quadunit404 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:36 pm

FGoldbatch wrote in Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:19 pm:I heard that on Ebay, someone was disgusing Flightgear as MSFS 2004.

/brb, need to find a wall to bang my head against
Quadunit404

Postby nosnow » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:24 pm

Help... New to this issue and just registered with FlightGear. I downloaded Proflightsim and right away I saw it was a piece of crap. I immedidatly requested a refund as they promised. I have tried at least 5 times to get a response from them. NO luck. I only get (and have kept copies of) "trouble ticket" numbers from them. I hate to think I got stuck with this scam and its cost. Call me a sucker. Has anyone found a way to get a refund from them yet? I have limited access right now to the internet, so would appreaciate any responses from anyone via my email. djnosnow a;t aol d;o;t; com
Thanks...
nosnow

Postby Quadunit404 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:26 pm

Curt, the founder of the FlightGear project, knows someone who works for ClickBank and has been able to get refunds for people who were suckered in to buying FlightProSim/whatever its "creator" wants to call it, although not reliably because the "creators" want to keep the money.

Hence why we identify FlightProSim/ProFlightSimulator as a scam as it's nearly impossible to get your money back despite their claims.
Quadunit404

Postby Chrison » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:51 pm

nosnow wrote in Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:24 pm:Has anyone found a way to get a refund from them yet? I have limited access right now to the internet, so would appreaciate any responses from anyone via my email. djnosnow a;t aol d;o;t; com
Thanks...

If you paid by credit card, call your credit card company. It may be possible to have the transaction reversed, depending on the terms & conditions of your credit card. Please note the word "may" in that last sentence... you also might not be able to do that.

Sorry I'm not more helpful. Good luck!

Regards,

Chris
"Even if you win the rat race, you're still a rat!" (Jackie Gleason)
My final approach announcement: "Seats up... Trays locked... Articles stowed... Seat belts on... And may God have mercy on your souls!"
Chrison

Callsign: Chrison, AVA0066

Postby 439Tiger » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:08 pm

nosnow wrote in Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:24 pm:Help... New to this issue and just registered with FlightGear. I downloaded Proflightsim and right away I saw it was a piece of crap. I immedidatly requested a refund as they promised. I have tried at least 5 times to get a response from them. NO luck. I only get (and have kept copies of) "trouble ticket" numbers from them. I hate to think I got stuck with this scam and its cost. Call me a sucker. Has anyone found a way to get a refund from them yet? I have limited access right now to the internet, so would appreaciate any responses from anyone via my email. djnosnow a;t aol d;o;t; com
Thanks...

Hi Nosnow,

I will send you a copy of my e-mails to them including the one where they refunded me. :D :D :D And trust me, you get a lot more help from the Wiki and the members of this forum than their help desk 8)

Regards,

Bob
Specializing in Canadian built aircraft and aircraft flown by the RCAF

http://www.flightgearcanada.ca/ or: https://sites.google.com/site/flightgearcanada/
439Tiger

Callsign: C-CYSG
Version: 2.10.03

Postby Quadunit404 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:48 am

The more people aware that ProFlightSimulator is a scam, the better:

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/aviation_hobby/read.main/126850/
Quadunit404

Postby skyop » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:56 am

Fly2HMO wrote:Flight Gear is open source last time I checked so anybody can do anything they want with the program code and charge for it legally. So strictly in that regard it is not a scam. It's certainly a lame attempt at glorifying a crap simulator though.

>_>
Aircraft: [ CRJ700-family | DC-10-30 ] Scenery: [ KBFL ]
skyop

IRC name: skyop
Version: next

Postby jack » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:01 am

For Military Aircraft, Scenery, and more, visit http://alphashangar.co.nr/

'Retired' from FlightGear as of July 2011. You can contact me via my website if you'd like to pick up any old projects.
jack
Retired

Callsign: Alpha-J, Rescue1
Version: GIT

Postby Flightgear_captain » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:33 am

Yet ANOTHER bogus review:

squidoo.com/pro-flight-simulator-fan

:( :x :evil:

These guys have their slimy, grubby hands all over the web, literally.

FGoldbatch wrote in Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:19 pm:I heard that on Ebay, someone was disgusing Flightgear as MSFS 2004.

brb... Need to find piano that I can drop on my head.
Life's only understandable backwards, but you have to live it forwards. (found in a youtube video)

Check out some of my cool video goodies here
Flightgear_captain

Callsign: VH-FGS, G-STIG, STIG
Version: Git

Postby HyperNewbie » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:31 pm

Hello to the FG community!

I'm HyperNewbie, developer of Aeron, which is an open source air combat maneuvering simulator, included in this ProFlightSimulator as a "free bonus".

This scam has been somewhat of a big joke around me and my friends, and we laugh a lot over it.

Aeron was released under GPLv2, so same license as FG.

Just saying hello here, promoting aeron, and if any legal action does break out, we're on your side.

Thanks!
HyperNewbie

Postby FGoldbatch » Fri May 27, 2011 2:05 am

Just stumbled across this questionable ad on the aircraft download page:

FGoldbatch

PreviousNext

Return to The FlightGear project