Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Su-15

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Su-15

Postby vitos » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:06 am

I would like to introduce to You alpha version my "Su-15" interceptor model. As I can see it, it sets new levels of complexity in freeware modelling - twice more complex than my previous "MiG-15" aircraft model, and even harder than "Vostok-1/R-7" spacecraft/rocket model made by me.

Note that model is not GPL, so You could not use it other way than flying it.
Twice faster than "MiG-15", twice higher, twice more detailed - and twice harder. With landing speed of 350km/h and lots of regimes limitations it was one of most hard planes to fly in reality, and it goes same way in simulation.

But to introduce does not mean to give with guts. I find MiG-15 and Vostok-1 flown by first cosmonaut of planet common property of mankind still, and sure it should be same way with models, but I do not see reasons why it could be that way with Su-15, which never was left borders of Soviet Union airspace - and for model of it. I don't mind to put it in FG git - it's freeware, but not GPL. It does not include any of previously written GPL code, but made from scratch, don't even try to find some way to own it.

I don't say it's mine completely, since I am not the one who made or flew original plane, but it not Yours more. Still You can "fly" "Su-15" - in case You are smart enough to learn Russian documentation, way I was learn English documentation of FG. Yep, it was made to equalize relations, and I put link there only for ones who are agreed it must be equal, and having guts to handle this.

http://autopsi.info/Su-15/Su-15.zip

Since whole thread is deeply moderated, and not by me, I do demand to keep next note inviolable. By the way, it took me some hours to find best form of such explanation - it's work too.

My "Su-15" project is not GPL not because of me, but because of way my previous "Vostok-1" GPL project and me myself was treated - conversations and oneside moderations of it inclusive. I am not interested in that way, and to not make anything of GPL seems to be only way to cancel it.

Anyone looking at these screens got to know what I had very solid external reasons to make it close, and still could not see anything which would change my mind about it. What I saw here in days hardened my view only instead, and what I would not prove just that to You with facts does not change anything - I don't need to.

Seems to be some programming experience would led some people to idea that it could be useful to develop skills to program people, and make something officially free while not free really. That idea is wrong, and unproductive finally - it's lead normal people to act like me with allowing that society in very best case, or avoid it at all in most.

My work is good, yes. And it's not Yours. In case You could not respect me myself really, You have not other way than to respect that.
Last edited by vitos on Thu May 14, 2015 10:53 am, edited 20 times in total.
Waste of time: too unprofitable for work, too exhausting for hobby.
vitos

Callsign: vitos
IRC name: vitos
Version: 3.4

Re: Su-15

Postby Thorsten » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:17 am

It sure looks terrific!
Last edited by Johan G on Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removing off topic statements
Thorsten

Postby vitos » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:21 pm

Some more screenshots of "Su-15".

Last edited by vitos on Thu May 14, 2015 10:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
vitos

Postby Johan G » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:28 pm

That is one beautiful model, Vitos. Both externally and in cockpit. :D 8)

P.S. I have always liked your signature: :)
Vitos wrote:Each passenger brings a piece of the airplane and a box of tools to the airport.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby vitos » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:06 pm

Johan G wrote in Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:28 pm:That is one beautiful model, Vitos. Both externally and in cockpit. :D 8)

I hope so.

Vitos wrote:P.S. I have always liked your signature: :)

It's actually quote from joke about different operational systems - that part is about Linux.
Last edited by Johan G on Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vitos

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:01 pm

I love your SU-15 release. But we can't incorporate it in FGMEMBERS or in FGDATA next with submodules with the current license.
I want to request you to reconsider the licensing you released, and off course, I'd love you consider joinin our team.

Please let me know if you would be accepting of considering this offer,

Sincerely yours
IH-COL
Last edited by Johan G on Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it? Probably not, because if they don’t recognise their freedoms, they’ll let their freedoms fall
IAHM-COL
Retired

Callsign: HK-424D or ICAO4243
Version: 3.7-git

Postby Hooray » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:14 pm

Welcome back vitos !
Last edited by Johan G on Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby vitos » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:17 pm

Hooray wrote in Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:14 pm:Welcome back vitos !

I am not back really, but for time going parallel path.
Last edited by Johan G on Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vitos

Postby abassign » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:26 pm

@Vitos,

Unfortunately the community FGFs is too small to have so many fans for developers so much different projects, for example to develop an aircraft years 50'-60 'is very different than developing an actual aircraft, both in terms of taste poersonali that of technical ability. For example, the Vostok you've done is beautiful, but when it has been realized there is no a good system to simulate the earth at a distance of over 100 km! :( Of course it is feasible, but in an open source project one can not be said to a developer: "You mast leave that project and go to work to another."
We are all volunteers, for example my job poses a serious limitation of both time and experience, I would do 3D rendering as you go, but I never had the reason to take that road. Of course it is easier to write code, but normally I write in Java and sometimes in Python, two languages rather distant from NASAL!
However your Vostok made me dream :) And maybe he made sure that someone with sufficient capacity has begun to improve visualization of the earth at more than 100 Km and maybe in the future we will see the moon ... and someone will be able to reproduce the the Apollo mission!
Open source projects require patience and time, do not follow fashion, not create new requirements, but instead pursue our true desires!
So I think that the mere fact of being able to fly on your magnificent MIG 15, understand the reality of the structural limits that you have entered. Or try to fly with the Vostok, are things that programmers like you and Thorsten, Hooray etc. FGFs have meant that FGFs could become increasingly better.
My hope is that one day you can take your license in the GPL, as you did for the MiG-15 and the Vostok, it is important to have the 'SU-15 inside the hangar FGFs, is too good :)! The GPL allows then, if one day you will not want to develop, to be able to continue to have that plane and not only that, but it can be changed if the new versions FGFs were to change, I think this is important :)

Thank Vitos for your beautiful work

CIao dall'Italia !
Developer of the program https://wiki.flightgear.org/Julia_photoscenery_generator
FDM developer of the G91R1B aircraft https://wiki.flightgear.org/FIAT_G91R1B
JSBSim collaborator
abassign

Callsign: I-BASSY
Version: 2020.4

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:29 pm

Thanks for the plane Vitos!

(sorrow on the license, yet I understand your motives)

IH-COL
Last edited by Johan G on Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it? Probably not, because if they don’t recognise their freedoms, they’ll let their freedoms fall
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby abassign » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:16 pm

Wonderful, I have already published in the blog Flighgear Italy, images of your beautiful Su-15 at the LIME airport - Orio al Serio (Bergamo - Italy): https://www.facebook.com/flightgearital ... 0894410513
All readers are enthusiast :) Obviously, we hope that one day you can distribute this magnificent airplane under the GPL license, it would be great, it would be sad that the Su-15 finish as the IAR-80 that are not in the GPL license can not be inserted into GIT and therefore very few know him.

Ciao :)

Adriano
Developer of the program https://wiki.flightgear.org/Julia_photoscenery_generator
FDM developer of the G91R1B aircraft https://wiki.flightgear.org/FIAT_G91R1B
JSBSim collaborator
abassign

Callsign: I-BASSY
Version: 2020.4

Postby vitos » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:25 pm

abassign wrote in Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:16 pm:therefore very few know him

Same as "MiG-15" or "Vostok-1" which are. So I don't mind.
vitos

Postby Johan G » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:52 pm

As a moderator I have deleted a lot of off topic posts as well as edited a few posts.

For those who want to discuss certain topics not related to the aircraft I suggest creating new topics and keeping a more civilized tone. Please stick to arguing facts, not personalities (and no, facts about personalities do not count as far as I am concerned).

Any further posts in whole or in part not about the aircraft will be removed or edited as the above ones have been.

Edit:
In hindsight and for future reference, and even though many posts still would have needed moderation, the right thing to have done would most probably have been to split off the off topic posts into a separate topic. I want to apologize for not having done so. :oops: It seem rather obvious now that the way I did things caused more harm than good (at least in the short term). Another one of life's lessons guess. :|
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:04 am

I agree with you Vito's. The treatment of disrespect our opinions suffered by Johan makes your whole point much clearer.

Just abuse of power. One and again and again happening all over flightgear.

I'm sad of the license issue, but today here evidences speak louder. Voices are silenced
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby vitos » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:14 pm

IAHM-COL wrote in Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:04 am:Voices are silenced

Well, it just went supersonic, and You could not hear people who left behind.
vitos

Next

Return to Aircraft