Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Aircraft Rating System

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Aircraft Rating System

Postby hvengel » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:46 pm

I agree that requiring early production and higher aircraft to have a full rating is a good idea.
hvengel
Retired

Postby Hooray » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:59 pm

now we only need to edit the wiki accordingly, and maybe come up with a list of aircraft that may need their rating updated...
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby Gijs » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:13 pm

Huh? We already have that requirement: http://wiki.flightgear.org/Aircraft_sta ... all_status
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby hvengel » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:20 pm

Yes but I don't think it is enforced although there may not be compliance issues. My aircraft is an early production aircraft (16 points total) but I can still set the <status> in the *set.xml file to production or advanced production and there are no controls that I know of to prevent this. One possible approach would be to have various web pages that display the status ignore the <status> from the *set.xml file and use the <rating> sections to "calculate" the status. At this point the status tags are more or less obsolete since it is possible to derive this value from the rating. Also for any aircraft with a status set but no rating the status value is suspect.
hvengel
Retired

Postby Gijs » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:25 pm

Hehe, once again the answer is that we already do that. The website (and wiki) only displays the status tag when no or an incomplete rating is given. Else it calculates the status based on the listed criteria. ;-)

See for yourself http://www.flightgear.org/download/aircraft-v3-0/
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Previous

Return to Aircraft