Board index Other Hangar talk

Fly! Legacy, the free and opensource flight simulator is out

Talk about (almost) anything, as long as it is no serious FlightGear talk and does not fit in the other subforums.
Forum rules
Please refrain from discussing politics.

Re: Fly! Legacy, the free and opensource flight simulator is

Postby Omega » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:18 pm

Hello Stephane,

I checked some of your videos and screenshots on your website, and I have to say that it looks pretty good, but I also have to
angree with Wingtipped. The cessna exterior and cockpit, the clouds and the shadows are very detailed,
but the land textures and airports doesn't look so good. So, I'd like to ask a few questions:

- What FDM (Fly Dynamics Model) these aircrafts use? is it JSBSim, YAsim, or something like parametric approach from FSX?

- In the videos i saw from Fly legacy, I didn't hear any sounds from the engine, i guess you didn't record the sound or the
aircrafts don't have any sounds implemented. So, I'd like to ask if there are any sounds implemented to any of these aircrafts,
because i know sound adds realism :wink: .

Omega.
The engine is the heart of an aeroplane, but the pilot is its soul.
Omega

Callsign: Star,EHAA_CT,MIA0176
IRC name: Omega
Version: GIT

Re: Fly! Legacy, the free and opensource flight simulator is

Postby Stéphane » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:14 pm

Omega wrote in Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:18 pm:Hello Stephane,

I checked some of your videos and screenshots on your website, and I have to say that it looks pretty good, but I also have to
angree with Wingtipped. The cessna exterior and cockpit, the clouds and the shadows are very detailed,
but the land textures and airports doesn't look so good. So, I'd like to ask a few questions:

- What FDM (Fly Dynamics Model) these aircrafts use? is it JSBSim, YAsim, or something like parametric approach from FSX?

- In the videos i saw from Fly legacy, I didn't hear any sounds from the engine, i guess you didn't record the sound or the
aircrafts don't have any sounds implemented. So, I'd like to ask if there are any sounds implemented to any of these aircrafts,
because i know sound adds realism :wink: .

Omega.

Currently, the 2 default sceneries are Annemasse and Chambéry (French Alps), two sceneries for Fly! II, which were probably released in 2005-2006, that's why there is a difference of quality between the Cessna 172 HD which is brand new and the sceneries, which are 5-6 years old, but we plan to upgrade them in a near future.
For the flight model, it's a custom flight model, I don't know it very well but I think it's something like parametric approach.
And for the videos, we planned to upgrade them too because some are pretty old. There is no sound on the videos because we used a free version of FRAPS, and the sound is not recorded, but the sound is obviously implemented in the simulator.
Stéphane

Previous

Return to Hangar talk