Board index Other Hangar talk

Best Laptops for FG?

Talk about (almost) anything, as long as it is no serious FlightGear talk and does not fit in the other subforums.
Forum rules
Please refrain from discussing politics.

Re: Best Laptops for FG?

Postby Toanphuc » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:45 pm

GT540M , the same to me 8) ,it will run fine :D
A good flight sim is not to make people feel fly easier but to make them feel fly is as real as it get.
Other Free Flight Sims viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8847
Toanphuc

Postby Sweetgrapes » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:36 pm

It will run fine? Dude, you said that the GT650M will struggle with everything enabled and now you´re saying that a GT540M, a much weaker chip will run fine. Where`s the logic in that?
Adil wrote in Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:43 pm:
Hmm are you sure?....oh well if I'm not mistaken that laptop came out like 2 years ago....and also do I have to consider the processor speed of a laptop or only the graphics card?:? The laptop I need must be able to run FG smoothly with the max fps and also some other university software,which are a lot heavier than FG.......

Yes, deafinately consider the processor. It`s gonna be more necessary with your university software than a good graphics chip. Core i7 is the CPU for you. You shouldn´t worry about the clockspeed to much though, because it has the turbo boost technology.
"A bird can`t damage an engine, but an engine can damage a bird."
Sweetgrapes

Callsign: Wingtip or MIA0049

Postby Toanphuc » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:32 am

I say it will run fine,i don't say it will run fine with everything turn on.connect said he want a cheap machine with midend gpu to run fg superbly with normal configuration,gt540 is good.Adil have much money and ask for a high end gpu to do "everything", gt650 may not do everything.My recommendation is base on each user needs,not base on 1 gpu for 1 setting.Is that logical enough ?
A good flight sim is not to make people feel fly easier but to make them feel fly is as real as it get.
Other Free Flight Sims viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8847
Toanphuc

Postby Sweetgrapes » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:54 pm

Were probably not gonna get anywhere with this so I´m gonna wait until someone who has a laptop with a GT650M will report about the framerate he/she is getting. So then I can "hopefully" prove my theory.
"A bird can`t damage an engine, but an engine can damage a bird."
Sweetgrapes

Callsign: Wingtip or MIA0049

Previous

Return to Hangar talk